Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Future UFC Hall of Famers

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

They still deserve to be in some MMA HoF somewhere.

Thats actually a great idea, and I am sure if MMA keeps growing at a steady pace someone will start one.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #31   11/25/07 6:01:44PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by hippysmacker

Hughes, Chuck, Randy,Penn, and although I'm not a personal fan of there attitudes Frank and Tito all belong IMO. Say what you want about Tito , but he did help spread MMA to the masses with his attitude, and beat a lot of guys considered top shelf back in the day. Although doubt he will get in , I also would say Frank Shamrock. When he retires he was considered the first true well rounded fighter, and the best athlete in MMA by most. There are many others on their way in the UFC, and even more just coming over, so only time will tell. I think it would be wise for us to remember that even Randy might not get in, if the UFC and him don't straighten out there disagreements. Dana and the Fertiittas are the ones who ultimately decide who makes it in, and I doubt they want another guy called a " UFC hall of famer" working for someone else. Also, while I'm not a fan of his fighting style lately, I agree with fullerene that Sylvia is close. Maybe one more title run, and with a few good defenses and I think he's in.

i agree with your post about shamrock and have been saying he should have gotten in a while ago when he was on his "time off", but isn't randy already in the UFC hall of fame? i remember them inducting him and also ufc.com still has him listed as a hall of famer. heres the link. LINK

also think that tito should definitely get in as well as chuck even though i am not a fan of either fighter they have been dominant in the ufc back in the day and remember tito was their LHW champ for 4 years and chuck (just a few months ago) was considered one of their greatest champion of all time.

another person i could see getting in if he continues a solid career is jon fitch if he beats the top competition and becomes champ in the next couple of years. his ufc record is impeccable, and with a couple of more wins over top competition and a title reign i couldn't see why he wouldn't get in.

You know your right, and I am ashamed I forgot it. I remember the ceremony ,because it was at the hardrock and I didn't think it was the right venue for a HOF ceremony. There should be 20,000 screaming fans for that type of thing IMO , instead of the 3 or 4 it holds. It was a fight night or TUF finale, can't remember which, and it was after he retires from the 2nd Chuck loss. You never know if this spat isn't cleared up, they may remove him from it. Talk about the crap storm that would start.

Last edited 11/25/07 6:08PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #32   11/25/07 6:07:00PM   

Cosmonutz

Learning to Sprawl

Cosmonutz Avatar

Career:2,599-1,560
Chips:

I would think pretty limited and thus to UFC alone therefore:

Likely (dominating champions)

Hughes
Liddell

Should be

Ortiz (would Dana veto that?)
Miletich
F Shamrock

Maybes

Penn
A Silva

Post #33   11/25/07 6:43:48PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Chuck Liddell
Tito Ortiz
Matt Hughes
Jens Pulver (I think, Badass of the early lightweights)
BJ Penn
Tim Sylvia
Rich Franklin
(should all be guarenteed already)

Sean Sherk
Anderson Silva
GSP
(are pretty much guarenteed if they finish well in thier careers.)
It's a basic list.
What's going to be interesting is how much they limit the hall of fame in the coming years. It's easy to point these guys out but I also think guys like Babalu and Fisher and some of the guys that maybe held the title for only a short time (serra lol) deserve mention because these guy are the sport, the've done a lot for it.

Post #34   11/25/07 7:06:34PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Miletich is a good choice to, even if you argue about his fight record, he has trained some of the best in the UFC (Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia.) The guys has made some good champs under his system and that should be acknowledged by the UFC

Post #35   11/26/07 1:16:02AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
hughes and liddell for sure

Post #36   11/26/07 8:47:40AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i am going to say pedro rizzo should also be looked at. he was one of the first dominant fighters after the rule changes and always put on great fights. He is 9-5 against the best the UFC had to offer including a KO over barnett (convincing KO), a win over AA, a win over current ufc HoF dan severn (unloaded bombs ending it in the first round), not to mention wins over tank, coleman, rodriguez (who was highly regarded at the time and has beaten couture) and telligman. all of his wins were against top competition, and so were his losses. the man still is showing his expertise in fighting by just KOing monson this september. even his loss to couture (first fight) was a close decision (i had him winning) and 3 of his 5 losses were by decision.if you look at what the man accomplished and who he had accomplished it against you can make a strong case for him to get into the ufc HoF. I mean, randy has 5 losses in the ufc as well, two of which were against opponents rizzo has defeated in barnett and rodriguez.

Post #37   11/26/07 7:10:29PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,207-799
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

Miletich is a good choice to, even if you argue about his fight record, he has trained some of the best in the UFC (Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia.) The guys has made some good champs under his system and that should be acknowledged by the UFC

agreed, he should already be in there. First LW champ i believe. 7-2 in UFC with losses to a bigger Matt Lindland and Carlos Newton. Produced UFC champs, but since he's got ties to IFL i doubt he will

Post #38   11/26/07 7:11:19PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by Pitbull09

agreed, he should already be in there. First LW champ i believe. 7-2 in UFC with losses to a bigger Matt Lindland and Carlos Newton. Produced UFC champs, but since he's got ties to IFL i doubt he will

he was actually 8-2 and the first WW champion, pulver was the first LW champion. still i think he should get in based on his coaching credentials alone (not really) but still the man has accomplished a lot in the ufc and so has his fighters

Last edited 11/26/07 7:52PM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   11/26/07 7:51:35PM   

skatenate

MMA Regular

skatenate Avatar

Career:217-119
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
i'd say depending on his first match coming up soon, id say brock lesnar would definetly have a chance

Post #40   11/26/07 10:43:11PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Shonie Carter is a shoe-in for the UFC hall of fame.

SPINNING BACK FIST!

Post #41   11/27/07 11:07:02AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by Pitbull09

Sad to say that a lot of the hall of fame depends on what you do outside of the org instead of inside. Maybe once years pass they will put him in

Post #42   11/27/07 6:29:14PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
After reading through this I agree that I forgot Militech and Rizzo, and both are deserving as well.

The Iron Code

Post #43   11/27/07 6:30:48PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by skatenate

i'd say depending on his first match coming up soon, id say brock lesnar would definetly have a chance

and ruin the HoF? no

Post #44   11/27/07 6:31:31PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
How many wins did Jens Pulver have at LW? He may be a candidate.

And I;m sure in 5 years, everyone will be saying BJ Penn...Even though everyone already is.

Post #45   11/27/07 6:32:00PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4