Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

No love for Mark Weir?

Print  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Why's everybody shadowboxing on his poster?
Is it because he's bl...... ehm brittish?

And all you who are now thinking about replying "WHO?" should get a "Tuffer for life" badge.

Last edited 11/22/07 3:05PM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   11/22/07 2:51:22PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I know who Mark is, but whats this about shadow boxing his poster? I don't know why people in the US dislike the Brits. You can't get a game these days on Xbox live without American kids going "Hur hur Tea drinking faggot". Jokes on them.

I did notice the "USA, USA" chant going during Bisping / Rashad. Obviously they didnt want to cheer "Rashad" but decided to bring nationality instead and simply go against Bisping because he was English. Stupid and crass. I thought UFC crowds were slowly getting better, with less overall booing, but then they pull stunts like this and I realise they are not getting better at all.

Post #2   11/22/07 3:07:32PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Do you mean on TUF when they're getting ready for a fight punching his poster on the wall?

And I don't think it's anything against the Brits alone when you saw chanting of USA in the Bisping/Evans fight, they've one it for almost all of St Pierre's fights lol

Post #3   11/22/07 3:19:42PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

And all you who are now thinking about replying "WHO?" should get a "Tuffer for life" badge.

I want my badge now, damnit!!!

Post #4   11/22/07 9:59:06PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,109-1,190
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Why's everybody shadowboxing on his poster?
Is it because he's bl...... ehm brittish?

ZING!

Post #5   11/23/07 8:55:05AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Personally i think Weir has never grown as a fighter. Other guys are getting more well rounded , and he has just stayed the same to me. Also, Stickan I don't get the shadowboxing joke. I thought it was a anti-racism thing at first, so please explain to lil ol me.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   11/24/07 12:59:39PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I agree, he's always just been a lanky, decent stand-up fighter to me.

I don't know if it was a joke as much as just a funny remark. If you've followed this season´s TUF you've seen several fighters box on his poster before they go out and fight.
It's pretty obvious that the reason behind this is that it's on the wall in the locker room and in perfect position for an imaginary opponent but I wanted to hear others made up humorous reasons for this.
The anti-racism thing was nothing I was going for. It was more a shot at the popular phrase "is it because I'm black?".

Boy did I destroy this already totally unfunny thread or what . I could never imagine that people would answer this seriously.

Post #7   11/24/07 1:26:04PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Boy did I destroy this already totally unfunny thread or what . I could never imagine that people would answer this seriously.

Sorry man, I thought we were having a serious discussion here!

And that famous phrase, sic is "Is it 'cause I is black?"

Post #8   11/24/07 5:47:42PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

I agree, he's always just been a lanky, decent stand-up fighter to me.

I don't know if it was a joke as much as just a funny remark. If you've followed this season´s TUF you've seen several fighters box on his poster before they go out and fight.
It's pretty obvious that the reason behind this is that it's on the wall in the locker room and in perfect position for an imaginary opponent but I wanted to hear others made up humorous reasons for this.
The anti-racism thing was nothing I was going for. It was more a shot at the popular phrase "is it because I'm black?".

Sorry man, guess I'm not as observant as I should be. Never noticed them boxing neaqr Weir's poster. My bad

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   11/27/07 4:47:07PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
I can guarantee you that if it was Weir and not a Weir poster, Weir would have won.

Post #10   12/1/07 12:10:45AM   

Sheddy

MMA Regular

Sheddy Avatar

Career:95-42
Chips:
Praise the TS for his "comedy".
"bl...erm British".

Weir's a decent fighter, just inconsistant.
And his poster happens to be in a good position.

Post #11   12/1/07 7:16:44AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Personally i think Weir has never grown as a fighter. Other guys are getting more well rounded , and he has just stayed the same to me. Also, Stickan I don't get the shadowboxing joke. I thought it was a anti-racism thing at first, so please explain to lil ol me.

I heard he showed a pretty good ground game agaisnt Drew Fickeet last night.
I have always thought of him as a pretty one sided boxer until now.

Post #12   12/2/07 8:55:58AM   

Xodus

Learning to Sprawl

Xodus Avatar

Career:494-292
Camp: Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Chips:
I think the reason his poster gets shadowboxed so much is that its the only poster with the correct head height in the Team Serra prep room.

Post #13   12/2/07 11:18:38AM