Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by xchickox

yeah you know what i meant that kind of film...like troy, alexander etc etc, miles better than any of them

they're called "epics"

Post #46   3/18/07 2:23:58PM   

FedorIsTheBest

Learning to Sprawl

FedorIsTheBest Avatar

Career:22-16
Camp: team stoppage
Chips:
300 is the next best movie I've ever seen next to Braveheart.
It was over stylized.
I mean the styling was overdone like when the old lepers watch the woman dance and lick her face.

I just wish it was more realistic, where fit warriors showed great skill and fights that looked realistic. Cause the fights in this movie were fantastical. It was like a ninja movie only with spartans instead.

VEry good movie overall. At the beginning I was like WTF is this? In the middle I was like YEah! and in the end my heart shattered.

**** man that was a good movie. But I still think Braveheart takes the cake because it had more realistic battles.

Post #47   3/23/07 2:19:17AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by FedorIsTheBest

It was over stylized.
I mean the styling was overdone like when the old lepers watch the woman dance and lick her face.

I just wish it was more realistic, where fit warriors showed great skill and fights that looked realistic. Cause the fights in this movie were fantastical. It was like a ninja movie only with spartans instead.

VEry good movie overall. At the beginning I was like WTF is this? In the middle I was like YEah! and in the end my heart shattered.

**** man that was a good movie. But I still think Braveheart takes the cake because it had more realistic battles.

It really was amazing what Braveheart did, with seemingly so little of the gimicky special effects... It also had a little more complicated story line...

What I did like better about the 300 was that I didn't have to sit in an uncomfortable-ass movie theater for 3 hours like way too many moies make you do nowadays...

Post #48   3/23/07 3:14:32PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by FedorIsTheBest

It was over stylized.

it's based on a comic book, so its based on history, but has a twist. so it wouldn't be really realistic, per se. but it sticks very closely to the comic.

Post #49   3/23/07 6:39:46PM   

FedorIsTheBest

Learning to Sprawl

FedorIsTheBest Avatar

Career:22-16
Camp: team stoppage
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

it's based on a comic book, so its based on history, but has a twist. so it wouldn't be really realistic, per se. but it sticks very closely to the comic.

Where was the twist?

Post #50   3/23/07 11:33:46PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
300 was ok. Fights were neat and there were a couple funny parts. I wished there was more in terms of story. I wanted more history and substance. Oh well, can't have it all.

Post #51   3/24/07 9:47:24PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4