Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Robert Emerson...the wanksta

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this story or have seen the video, yet it was new to me. I never saw any of the TUF 5 episodes. Therefore, don't flame me if the is old news(I searched the forums and nothing came up). Did he mention he was in a gang on the show? I am guessing he probably did to sound like a badass. It is hilarious listening to the leader of the gang explain why he shouldn't go to jail. Anyways, you'll see him and Rob towards the end of the clip.

http://media.putfile.com/Rob-Emerson-Gangsta

Post #1   11/21/07 6:08:25PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,065-1,066
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
LOL !!!

I've cried when i watched Titanic !! LOL best excuse ever to not go to jail !!!

Emerson never mentioned anything about being in a gang at TUF, i don't remenber any comment about a gang .

now i understand why he was losing in the octogon, it was because he was fighting 1on 1 instead of his normal fights when they were 10 on 1 !!!

Last edited 11/21/07 6:30PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/21/07 6:22:09PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Wow after his tough display, he'll have a great time in jail. That was like 6 years ago though lol.That dudes almost out ready to watch Titanic and attack defenseless guys.

Last edited 11/21/07 7:18PM server time by cmill21

Post #3   11/21/07 7:16:24PM   

DustinT

MMA Regular

DustinT Avatar

Career:1,722-931
Camp: The MMA Army
Chips:
damn i hadn't seen this
what a f'in idiot.
lost all respect.

Post #4   11/21/07 7:36:56PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by DustinT

damn i hadn't seen this
what a f'in idiot.
lost all respect.

right there with ya man

Post #5   11/21/07 8:18:18PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
I'm going to give Emerson the benefit of the doubt.. I am hoping that he decided to change his life, and take out his aggression in the octagon. I mean, has he done anything since? If he was arrested more than once, then i'd be right there with you.. I know what it's like to be influenced by peers. If your in a group of people, and they all decide they want to do this one thing, there is a high chance you'll do the same thing, because of the pressure your peers put on you.

When I was in school one year, and the school therapist came in and talked about peer pressure. She put a set of keys on a table, and told one of the students to pick it up. Without hesitation, he picked it up. She then told him to give it to anyone in the room. So he goes and gives it to someone else, and she says to pass it to another person. After a certain point, we were passing the keys amongst each other, without even having her ask. Even I took the keys. She later said that the keys could've easily been drugs. All it takes is a dominant figure to pressure one person into doing it, for that person to go and tell others about it, and slowly through peer pressure, we all ended up doing the same "drugs." Some said that they would've said no, but really, if you friends were telling you did it, and they liked it and it was cool and that you wouldn't be cool with them, unless you did it too, how often would you say no, over yes?

Really though, it's only after the fact that you can redeem yourself, and to me it looks like he has been trying to redeem himself. He probably didn't mention he was in a gang, because he was embarrassed.

Post #6   11/21/07 10:55:57PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

LOL !!!

I've cried when i watched Titanic !! LOL best excuse ever to not go to jail !!!

LOL I know, it is one of the most bizarre excuse I have ever heard

Posted by cmill21

Wow after his tough display, he'll have a great time in jail. That was like 6 years ago though lol.That dudes almost out ready to watch Titanic and attack defenseless guys.

Pop in Titanic and pop some 'roids and he's good to go LOL

Post #7   11/21/07 11:53:50PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I am suprised the UFC had him on the show with Dana being worried about the rep os the sport and it not big a bunch of Thugs in a human Cock fight.

Post #8   11/22/07 1:41:27AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

I am suprised the UFC had him on the show with Dana being worried about the rep os the sport and it not big a bunch of Thugs in a human Cock fight.

I don't know if anyone outside of this website knows this lol. Maybe he turned a corner in his life. Yeah it's really really lame but people change.

Post #9   11/22/07 1:48:09AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,090-1,176
Chips:
what a f*ckhead... and yeah people do change, but you just don't do that shit man.

Last edited 11/22/07 11:09AM server time by D0wnUnd6e6r

Post #10   11/22/07 11:08:59AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Isn't his nickname the saint? What a tool.

Post #11   11/22/07 12:42:09PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by postman

I don't know if anyone outside of this website knows this lol. Maybe he turned a corner in his life. Yeah it's really really lame but people change.

Yeah I agree ppl can change I just figured the way Dana is he would look into ppls back rounds. I personally have no problem with him being on the show but its kinda strange a guy who is a fighter would gang up on one guy he should figure hell I CAN BEAT HIS ASS MYSELF I don't need any help

Post #12   11/22/07 1:56:35PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
The year of probation might have changed him around. If I were his parents, I would've been hounding him, and eventually got him to change his ways after this. If his parents were smart (and they might have been), I would be using Rob's anger to make him a better fighter. Enroll him in some classes at whatever Martial Arts studio they had near his home, and let him go from "gangster" to "champion." I've seen a couple of movies where the bad guy will realize the error of his ways, and will change his life around. Usually in the movies though, they go back and defeat the guys who he used to run with, but Rob didn't need to do that.. lol.

Post #13   11/22/07 8:34:56PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

The year of probation might have changed him around. If I were his parents, I would've been hounding him, and eventually got him to change his ways after this. If his parents were smart (and they might have been), I would be using Rob's anger to make him a better fighter. Enroll him in some classes at whatever Martial Arts studio they had near his home, and let him go from "gangster" to "champion." I've seen a couple of movies where the bad guy will realize the error of his ways, and will change his life around. Usually in the movies though, they go back and defeat the guys who he used to run with, but Rob didn't need to do that.. lol.

Or they coulda done what my dad did when I acted like a dumbass and gave me a good kick in the ass. Nothing wrong with giving a kid a smack if he's acting like a moron.

Post #14   11/22/07 9:02:28PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Scott_Revels

Or they coulda done what my dad did when I acted like a dumbass and gave me a good kick in the ass. Nothing wrong with giving a kid a smack if he's acting like a moron.

That was probably part of his sentence.. Every day at Noon, Rob's parents get to kick his ass.

Post #15   11/22/07 10:21:43PM