Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jason “Mayhem” Miller -VS- Tim Kennedy - HDNet Fights 15th Dec

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Team Quest representatives have confirmed that Jason “Mayhem” Miller will square off with Tim Kennedy in the co-main event at HDNet Fights “Reckless Abandon” on Saturday, Dec. 15 at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas.

Kennedy (8-1) will replace UFC veteran Sean Salmon, who was medically suspended by the California State Athletic Commission following his knockout loss to Jorge Santiago at Strikeforce “Four Men Enter, One Man Survives” on Nov. 16 in San Jose, Calif.

Miller has a history with Kennedy, who defeated him by decision at an Extreme Challenge event in February 2003. An Army Ranger who was awarded the Bronze Star for his service in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2006, Kennedy has not lost a fight in more than six years.

LINK

Post #1   11/21/07 10:05:43AM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,117-1,258
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
this is gonna be a good fight, Kennedy is tough, but still to me seems to be a bit untested....Mayhem has evolved alot over the last 4 years or so, and I think he will pull off the win, by just being more well rounded and tested

Post #2   11/21/07 10:19:12AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
i bet its always nice to get a avenge a loss so Mayhem must be happy with this change, i could of seen Salmon holding him down and winning a decision possibly, but he should win this more easily

Post #3   11/21/07 12:55:19PM   

CincySaint

MMA Regular

CincySaint Avatar

Career:93-48
Chips:
Wow, that is a great find, except you should link it to 5 OZ of Pain, considering they were the ones that broke the story, Brian Knapp only went with it after 5 OZ had broken the story. Shady reporting by FightNetwork if you ask me. http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/11/21/5-oz-exclusive-tim-kennedy-to-fight-jason-mayhem-miller-at-hdnet-fights/

Last edited 11/21/07 4:33PM server time by CincySaint
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   11/21/07 4:31:48PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CincySaint

Wow, that is a great find, except you should link it to 5 OZ of Pain, considering they were the ones that broke the story, Brian Knapp only went with it after 5 OZ had broken the story. Shady reporting by FightNetwork if you ask me. http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/11/21/5-oz-exclusive-tim-kennedy-to-fight-jason-mayhem-miller-at-hdnet-fights/

Yeah but all the mma sites do that dont they? its hard to try and find the original source so i just link to the place i first saw it

Ive never seen Kennedy fight, i see his mma debut was his sole loss and it was to Scott Smith via cut 3 mins in, he then won about 5 fights in a row but took a 3 year hiatus not long after beating Miller, so he has only had 4 fights since that win over the last 4 years, i dont get to see IFl so dunno how good he looked beating Ryan McGivern but overall id say Miller should avenge the loss

Post #5   11/22/07 10:00:57AM