Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

deigo

Print  
Posted By Message

ufcisbeast101

Banned

Career:15-10
Chips:
if deigo beats kos will he get a title shot

Last edited 2/9/07 6:31PM server time by ufcisbeast101
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/9/07 6:28:11PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Roger Huerta vs. TBA (possibly Joe Stevenson)

These are the only fights that are interesting me so far, might not but it.

Post #2   2/9/07 6:31:20PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He has to as much as a lot of people dslike him, he's right there at the front of the line along with Hughes as the #1 contender as long as he beats Kos. Double KO would be perfect as far as I'm concerned as I don't like either of them.

Post #3   2/9/07 6:43:40PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,782-1,559
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Diego will get the title shot for sure, and he deserves it.

Post #4   2/9/07 7:21:26PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i think Kos would deserve a title shot only if he beats Diego in devistating fashion...if he lays and prays into a decision i dont think its deserving..

Post #5   2/9/07 8:43:38PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Sorry but, Hughes is next in line for GSP. When GSP was supposed to be fighting Serra in Feb. Hughes asked to have the rematch in April. GSP said he wanted more than 2 months to prepare for Matt. So, I am guessing UFC 72 or 73 will be GSP/Hughes III.

Besides, shouldn't Diego at least beat the #2 or #3 contenders? Under ideal conditions he should, but here is how he won't have to. BJ is going to beat Jens in June, setting up a title fight with Sherk. That will eat up a couple of months. After BJ beats Sherk, well most likely, he will prob have to defend his title once before Dana lets him fight WW again. Hughes will fight GSP in June/July. Diego will get the winner if he beats Kos and whoever his other tune-up match is, maybe Fitch. If GSP wins, you are looking at OCT, but more likely NOV, due to injury/proper prep time. If Hughes wins, there will not be an immediate rematch for GSP, therefore Diego definitely gets his shot by OCT, maybe even SEPT, depending on the date for GSP/HUGHES III. As always, just my opinion.

Post #6   2/9/07 10:23:25PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
IMO, he should, but will not get a chance to fight the #1 contender (Hughes)this year as long as Hughes / GSP III is on, and they guy is steadily proving himself. Don't much like his personallity, but he deserves a titile shot (more than Serra does anyways)

I would love to see a Hughes / Diego fight just not sure if we'll see that one anytime soon...

I hope he destroy's Kos, though...

Post #7   2/12/07 10:24:48AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
i cant believe that no one has mentioned that ufcbeast101 spelled
Diego wrong. Twice.
If Sanchez does beat KOS he will be in line for a title shot after Hughes. IF he loses he is gonna hvae 2-3 more wins in a row b4 he gets a shot.

Post #8   2/12/07 10:44:27AM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:
Diego gets the title shot and then what? Diego is a tough fighter with a superb ground game and decent hands. GSP is an MMA freak. Excellent striking ability, superb ground and pound, and submissions. This might be a good fight but I see GSP coming out on top 9 times out of 10.

Post #9   2/12/07 9:59:55PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Diego gets the title shot and then what? Diego is a tough fighter with a superb ground game and decent hands. GSP is an MMA freak. Excellent striking ability, superb ground and pound, and submissions. This might be a good fight but I see GSP coming out on top 9 times out of 10.

right now, i see gsp 9 of 10 wins on anybody, including hughes.

Post #10   2/13/07 12:13:32AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Gogoplata

Even over BJ?? I gotta say BJ is the only guy right now that can cause Georges Problems. GSP wins that match only 6 times outta 10. or 3 outta 5

Post #11   2/14/07 9:05:23AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Gogoplata

Even over BJ?? I gotta say BJ is the only guy right now that can cause Georges Problems. GSP wins that match only 6 times outta 10. or 3 outta 5

I'm always happy to see people simplifying there fractions. But while I like BJ, I was really pulling for him against Hughes and I think he would have taken it if he didn't gas so early, I don't think he holds a candle to GSP. I don't think anyone in the division does right now.

There are only two people in line for a title shot. Diego and Matt. I think Matt deserves his rematch and should be getting it now but the joke that was TUF 4 is putting a hamper on things. But I also think Diego is deserving of his title shot. Assuming he beats Kos, I think UFC will try to market the "Undefeated Phenom vs. The Reigning Champ" and cash in on Diego at the peak of his popularity. I'm not saying I see him going down hill or anything but if they wait to long, some upsets can really bring a fighter down (i.e. Forrest Griffin).

Post #12   2/14/07 9:15:35AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
It is true that BJ has a while to go for a title shot. He did Fall short in both his hughes and GSP fight.
And he is moving down to LW to fight Jens. So if he bounces back and forth between divisions. The chances of him getting a title shot are even slimmer. He may be #2 in the world IMO but he has to earn his next shot.

Post #13   2/14/07 10:58:31AM