Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Houston Alexander Back in Gym After UFC 78 Loss

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
After a first-round loss at this past weekend’s UFC 78 event in Newark, N.J., Houston Alexander (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) is already back in the gym and training.

Alexander suffered a TKO loss to Thiago Silva (12-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), and as many fans noticed, the Nebraska-based fighter just didn’t seem himself during the loss.

LINK

Post #1   11/20/07 7:19:59AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The sooner he works on his ground game, the better.

Post #2   11/20/07 10:01:40AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

The sooner he works on his ground game, the better.

i went with thiago the whole way though. i thought it was too soon to jump on the houston bandwagon. if he would of ran through silva. i would have gave him more credit, but it seems i was right. even his standup looked bad. i hope he does improve, we will just have to see his next couple of fights i guess.

Post #3   11/20/07 12:40:27PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
That's why I love Houston Alexander and whys he's one of my favorite fighters. Yeah he gets stopped, but the next day or 2 he jumps back into the gym bugging Dana for the next possible fight.

He's the perfect example of what a fighter should be. Train hard, fight to fight, not to lose or be a huge superstar.

I admire him and hopefully with a little work on that cardio and a little BJJ and wrestling training, he can show the real Houston who knocks everybody the f out.

Post #4   11/20/07 3:22:20PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

That's why I love Houston Alexander and whys he's one of my favorite fighters. Yeah he gets stopped, but the next day or 2 he jumps back into the gym bugging Dana for the next possible fight.

He's the perfect example of what a fighter should be. Train hard, fight to fight, not to lose or be a huge superstar.

I admire him and hopefully with a little work on that cardio and a little BJJ and wrestling training, he can show the real Houston who knocks everybody the f out.

I usually base why i like a certain fighter on more then just how long after a loss he begins training, but hey thats just me

Last edited 11/20/07 3:32PM server time by cobbs666
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   11/20/07 3:32:03PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
The only reason I'm posting here is because I had Thiago Silva as a RD1 KO/TKO.

Nevertheless, I like Houston, and wish him the best. He looked really solid in that fight and I could already see another huge KO (right until he decided to take the fight to the ground).

Post #6   11/20/07 3:42:48PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I usually base why i like a certain fighter on more then just how long after a loss he begins training, but hey thats just me

Well he has great KO power and is very explosive. Just multiple reasons he's one of my fav. fighters...

Post #7   11/20/07 5:23:12PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Well he has great KO power and is very explosive. Just multiple reasons he's one of my fav. fighters...

just playin dude

Post #8   11/20/07 6:26:23PM   

stickyhash421

Banned

Career:62-33
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

i agree, even tho i picked silva, alexander had more to lose, and now he feels like he has to prove himself, when all he has to do is get at least a purple belt in ju jitsu before hes elite. maybe a better chin, but i respect him more now that he wants to get back in there, props to houston even if he gets beat again

Post #9   11/21/07 12:48:54AM