Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hendo to fight Silva!!!!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
This fight hopefully will prove if Silva is the real deal or not. Chuck Liddel seemed so dominate in the LHW division but you match him against a stiker and hes terrible. I believe its the same for Anderson except that a grappler will expose his weakness. If Lutter almost caught Silva, Henderson will destroy him when it goes to the ground.

Either way, i cant wait to see this fight

Post #31   11/23/07 3:51:48AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

This fight hopefully will prove if Silva is the real deal or not. Chuck Liddel seemed so dominate in the LHW division but you match him against a stiker and hes terrible. I believe its the same for Anderson except that a grappler will expose his weakness. If Lutter almost caught Silva, Henderson will destroy him when it goes to the ground.

considering how incredibly impressive Anderson bas been in the last 2 years, I don't see how a loss to Hendo would make me think he wasn't the" real deal ". That's like someone saying Nog isn't the " real deal" anymore ,after he lost to Fedor to me

Last edited 11/26/07 10:13AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #32   11/26/07 10:12:56AM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
i think hendo will take it by unaminous decision, i think he will try and stand up with silva in the first round maybe two but will get beaten in the stand up for the first round and a half then hendo will start taking silva down and g'n'ping him and dominating him for the the following three rounds as i dont think silva will be able to sub him from his back as hendo is way too strong

Post #33   11/26/07 12:53:14PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i have constantly said dan is the man to beat silva. i believe he will dan i believe is on a different level than rich. im a big rich fan but i think dan is much better. to me the question isnt can dan hang with anderson. if you look at the guys he has faught at all different weight classes. the real question is : is anderson really that good or was rich just over-rated. im not trying to bash rich just saying that dan has beaten a more widely respected list of fighters than anderson. i believe that dan is stronger than anderson can work the clinch with anyone given his greco-roman background. dan could control anderson on the ground and he has knockout power he is also capable of getting in the pocket and trading with anderson.
i am so fired up for this one i hope it lives up to our expectations and becomes a war

Post #34   11/29/07 7:04:24PM   

stickyhash421

Banned

Career:62-33
Chips:
look at it this way, anderson silva would destroy rampage into retirement and hendo couldnt beat rampage in a decision, thats hendo's chances of beating the spider unfortunatly

Post #35   11/29/07 7:11:48PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Pitbull09

considering how incredibly impressive Anderson bas been in the last 2 years, I don't see how a loss to Hendo would make me think he wasn't the" real deal ". That's like someone saying Nog isn't the " real deal" anymore ,after he lost to Fedor to me

agreed 100%. (need to spread love)

anderson ahas been dominating lately and a loss to henderson, who imo is the #2 MW, just means that anderson is not invincible but he is still a good fighter. that nog/fedor reference says it all imo.

Post #36   11/29/07 8:34:03PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Silva will win by KO/TKO. His striking is absolutely flawless and he has a lot of skill on the ground too ( he triangled travis lutter on the ground and he's a BJJ blackbelt.) I pick Silva in 3rd round.

Post #37   11/30/07 7:41:50AM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Anderson Silva is the real deal whether Hendo beats him or not. That being said, Henderson will take this by decision or a late tko or sub. If theres any type of fighter that can beat Silva its Hendo.

Post #38   11/30/07 12:03:34PM   

Jsscho

Learning to Sprawl

Jsscho Avatar

Career:1,921-1,345
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I'm stuck on this one because I can see the fight going either way. Although, I want Dan to win. I'm hoping that Dan will put him against the fence and down to the ground at his will. Once again, I'm hoping. I do think Dan will be able to put him on his back whenever he wants once he gets him against the cage. Will he be able to catch him? Yeah, A. Silva loves the clinch.

Post #39   12/1/07 1:50:28AM   

CactusBob

MMA Regular

CactusBob Avatar

Career:28-12
Chips:
I'm starting to see the same comments that I read prior to the first fight between Silva and Franklin, which makes me a bit uneasy. Everyone was saying that Franklin, who is physically the much larger middle weight, would control Silva in the clinch. That did not go well at all for Franklin.

That being said, Franklin is not a wrestler and is not known for his great chin, while Henderson is on both accounts. Just keep in mind Silva's balance and control of another body in the clinch is superb, and we could very well see Silva dominate the clinch once again.

Post #40   12/1/07 10:42:44AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3