Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tons Of News & Notes From Dana White On Ferrall Show

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
The following are some news and notes recapped from UFC president Dana White's appearance on the Scott Ferrall show on Sirius channel 101.

*Has been talking about wanting to hit all the major cities like Boston, New York City, etc. for a while. Says the reason they haven't been in NYC yet is because they haven't really tried. Claims the company is looking to do a show in Madison Square Garden next year.*

*Says people who consider the UFC 78 card lame aren't real fight fans. Then proceeds to put over some of the bigger and exciting fights scheduled for the show.*

*Mentions the winner of the Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping main event will be in the top five at 205 lbs.*

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Last edited 11/16/07 7:48AM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/16/07 7:47:31AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I definitely agree with him on the 78 card being a great card. But I disagree with the winner of the "main event" being top 5 in the 205lb weight class. They might be on paper, due to an undefeated record, but they couldn't hang with Rampage, Henderson, Silva, Liddell, or Griffin for that matter.

Post #2   11/16/07 8:30:32AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
Is it me or did whitey just dodge the fighter earnings queastion again?? I surely hope he is meaning that the winner of evans/bisping is in top 5 contention for the UFC lightheavy belt, but not top 5 ranking in the world. I'd give Evans top 15 maybe,I like him as a fighter and can see good things develop for him as his confidence grows.

Post #3   11/16/07 10:11:30AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:
I could understand how he could argue that perhaps Fedor is not currently one of the top fighters in the world, but the fact is that he beat Nog twice. And now Nog is supposedly the #1 contender in the HW division. Is it just me, or is anyone else confused? I just wish one of the interviewers had thought to ask him about that. Oh well. Im about tired of hearing Dana talk about Fedor to be honest. Ok people, we didnt get him. Lets move on.

Post #4   11/16/07 11:29:48AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by FantasyFighter

I could understand how he could argue that perhaps Fedor is not currently one of the top fighters in the world, but the fact is that he beat Nog twice. And now Nog is supposedly the #1 contender in the HW division. Is it just me, or is anyone else confused? I just wish one of the interviewers had thought to ask him about that. Oh well. Im about tired of hearing Dana talk about Fedor to be honest. Ok people, we didnt get him. Lets move on.

While sirius is great for getting the big names for interviews better than anyone they lack a person with top knowledge of the sport. Lou and Scott and even Brent and Spice all seem to know what is going on now ( and even admit they are new to the sport). But I don't know that they even knew Fedor has beat nog.

Post #5   11/16/07 11:38:25AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
I think he's just trying to bait Fedor. He knows he's a great fighter, but he's right, the real competition is in the UFC, however, I don't blame Fedor if he got a better deal w/M1 (plus he won't have to travel much).

I think the 78 card is GREAT. I don't know if it's just because I love the sport so much but I see some really good matchups and wouldn't miss it for the world. But that's my opinion.
The event w/ Chuck/Wandy, Serra/Hughes, Sokoudjou,etc, is going to be absolutely awesome. It's like I'm a little kid again and Christmas is coming (which the actual Christmas is really coming, but now it's more of a hastle, and I usually dread it's imminent coming).

Post #6   11/16/07 11:52:20AM