Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fisher Ready For Wherever The Fight Goes

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Spencer Fisher has a 20-3 record compared to Frankie Edgar's undefeated 7-0 mixed martial arts resume. He believes his experience will be a factor in their Ultimate Fighting Championship 78 lightweight bout on Saturday night in Newark, N.J.

Asked about the experience factor and if it will come into play, Fisher replied, "Absolutely, because I've been in every position. I've been on my back. I've been pinned against the cage. I mean, I've been in every bad position possible having this many fights, and I think come Nov. 17, we're going to find out how much experience plays into this fight."

LINK

Post #1   11/16/07 5:32:49AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
In a video interview i just watched Fisher said this -

"I dont know whether he is going to play it safe and try and wrestle me to the ground? no one wants to see that"

These kinds of comments really fcking pissssss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its MMA not Ultimate Boxing! I dont just wanna see it standing for 15 minutes i want it to go to the ground ffs!

Man i now seriously hope Edgar comes though like i think he will and mixes it up and wins the UD

Post #2   11/16/07 5:46:20AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

"I dont know whether he is going to play it safe and try and wrestle me to the ground? no one wants to see that"

Its MMA not Ultimate Boxing! I dont just wanna see it standing for 15 minutes i want it to go to the ground ffs!

Man i now seriously hope Edgar comes though like i think he will and mixes it up and wins the UD

I didnt see the video, but I dont think Fisher meant it in that way. Fisher has an excellent guard and Im sure he has a great respect for the ground game. My guess is that he meant he didnt want Frankie to just hold him down and out-position him for a decision, because that is boring. That in fact is the only problem I still have with UFC rules. I think they should allow knees to the head of a grounded opponent (not kicks or stomps). That would stop these wrestlers from shooting in so much, cause you get one of your shots stuffed and you pay for it. And Im not saying Frankie is one of these guys either, because so far he has been nothing but exciting.

Post #3   11/16/07 10:46:01AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
I hope that "Fisher ready for wherever the fight goes" does not equate to Fisher not having any kind of game plan going in to the fight. His comments about wanted to stand and bang and hopefully he'll catch Edgar, sound worryingly like a Tank Abbott style of approaching a fight. I like Fisher but I'd guess it will take more than that to win this fight.

Post #4   11/16/07 11:37:11AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
Yep Rich it is a bit of a mixed message, he has kept saying he is going to be more methodical and less emotional in this fight but everything he says seems to point the other way and he will fight his usual crazy style, throw too many kicks and knees and he is getting taken down!

He could of meant that comment like that but i didnt get that impression, im sure he is an advocate of ultimate boxing

Post #5   11/16/07 2:22:53PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,059-1,060
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
my bad sorry !! LOL

Last edited 11/16/07 2:30PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   11/16/07 2:29:29PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,059-1,060
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Fisher is always like that, even after winning easely against Stout, he was thinking that the fight was a draw !!

so, i prefer a guy who speak with his hand than a guy who says to everybody who want to hear it that he will destroy the guy and the guy is not in the same league of me etc... like we see so often, like koscheck was doing before being humiliate at his own game !!

Fisher rd 2 tko !!

Post #7   11/16/07 2:31:16PM