Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kimbo Slice Vs Bo Cantrell

Print  
Was Kimbo's most recent fight rigged?
Yes 4 20%
No 16 80%
Posted By Message

JeremiahD84

banned

JeremiahD84 Avatar

Career:71-91
Chips:
OK, So I just finished watching the terribly awful fight and I can't help but shake the feeling that Bo Cantrell was paid to lose to Kimbo or something.....
I mean come on, Kimbo hit him like twice and never hit his face and Bo drops to the ground and taps out to punches...... ????

If you've seen the fight and know what i'm talking about let me know.
I'm curious if anyone else felt something was fishy with that fight?

Post #1   11/15/07 5:23:58PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'd believe he was just scared as all get out before I'd believe he got paid to take a fall. Kimbo's a freaky lookin dude. He probably just psyched him out bad before the fight.

Post #2   11/15/07 5:42:04PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
If he was paid to lose, it would have been actually less suspicious than that. there is no doubt in my mind that that fight is 100% authentic and that kimbo just dominated bo. if you think that his was rigged, what about other quick victories or dominations? IMO, this was just a case of a fighter just outclassing the other and manhandling him for 19 sec. again, i believe if he was paid to lose, it would have been in a subtler way which would actually make it less suspicious. I am a fan who believes in the integrity off mma and the venues that display its greatness.

Post #3   11/15/07 6:16:47PM   

Basshandsome

Standup Guy

Basshandsome Avatar

Career:2,439-1,333
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

If he was paid to lose, it would have been actually less suspicious than that. there is no doubt in my mind that that fight is 100% authentic and that kimbo just dominated bo. if you think that his was rigged, what about other quick victories or dominations? IMO, this was just a case of a fighter just outclassing the other and manhandling him for 19 sec. again, i believe if he was paid to lose, it would have been in a subtler way which would actually make it less suspicious. I am a fan who believes in the integrity off mma and the venues that display its greatness.

Couldn't have said it better. If it was rigged, I think he would have tried to last longer then 20 seconds so it wasn't so suspicious, also remember this is the guy who lost via Gogo to Brad Imes in less than a minute. He was also Ko'd by Dave Huckaba twice in a combined 31 seconds. It was legit... he was outclassed.

Post #4   11/15/07 6:35:08PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Basshandsome

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Couldn't have said it better. If it was rigged, I think he would have tried to last longer then 20 seconds so it wasn't so suspicious, also remember this is the guy who lost via Gogo to Brad Imes in less than a minute. He was also Ko'd by Dave Huckaba twice in a combined 31 seconds. It was legit... he was outclassed.

well, he was more afraid than outclassed !!

i think he was having a real psychological issue even before enterring in the cage !!

Post #5   11/15/07 7:01:05PM   

KeNn

Standup Guy

KeNn Avatar

Career:93-76
Chips:
Kimbo FINALLY makes it to MMA.
Now Kimbo is far from Classy, I've been watching his videos on youtube for YEARS. If any body else has, You'd know Kimbo strikes REALLY hard. Almost a Mike Tyson punch.

He can take 100 punches to the head, and it's hard to lay those 100 punches cause for a big dude he can move. My guess Kimbo will keep on dominating.

if you notice, when Bo drops Kimbos got his back and he's covering up.
if he wouldn't have tapped, he would have just got mangled.

Post #6   11/15/07 7:47:55PM