Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

HDNet Announces 10 Fights for Dec. 15 Card

Print  
Posted By Message

Muay-Thai

MMA Regular

Muay-Thai Avatar

Career:100-45
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Mark Cuban’s HDNet Fights organization has announced its Dec. 15 “Reckless Abandon” fight card, which takes place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

The 10-fight event airs live on HDNet, an all-high definition channel owned by Cuban.

Next month’s show is headlined by co-main events of Jason “Mayhem” Miller vs. Sean Salmon, as well as Frank Trigg vs. Edwin Dewees. All four participants are former UFC fighters who have HDNet Fights President Guy Mezger excited about the event.

LINK

Post #1   11/15/07 2:31:27PM   

markzabin

Learning to Sprawl

markzabin Avatar

Career:348-215
Camp: MidwestSwing
Chips:
I'm glad Guy Mezger is excited, cause I sure as hell isn't. Looks like a bunch of UFC flunkies. Might be a good card if Trigg was fighting Mayhem though.

Post #2   11/15/07 4:06:35PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Well I'm glad that they are least airing this one live instead of on tape delay, I'll be watching for sure.

I find ths quote interesting from the link..

"HDNet will broadcast between 22 and 24 events in 2008. HDNet will remain in Dallas to establish the promotion’s roots before branching out to other parts of the U.S."

Seems pretty ambitions to have events every 2 weeks on average, but would be awsome if they can pull it off.

Last edited 11/15/07 4:57PM server time by Bemin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   11/15/07 4:50:56PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:

Posted by wolfgarnaud

Frank Trigg told listeners of TAGG Radio today that he has no knowledge of a rumored fight with Edwin Dewees. He said he's heard the rumors and is in talks with HDNet Fights, but that he's also in talks with just about every other major MMA promotion as well.

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2007/119/307803.shtml

Trigg's a F*cking Liar.. Not a good thing to do if you really care about your fans.. something I don't happen to be.. If I was, i'd be pretty pissed.

Edit: The quote is from this thread: LINK
Which was only a few days ago, so unless we knew about the fight before Trigg, which unlikely, then again he lied.

Last edited 11/15/07 9:14PM server time by Scott_Revels
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   11/15/07 9:11:30PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by Bemin

Well I'm glad that they are least airing this one live instead of on tape delay, I'll be watching for sure.

I find ths quote interesting from the link..

"HDNet will broadcast between 22 and 24 events in 2008. HDNet will remain in Dallas to establish the promotion’s roots before branching out to other parts of the U.S."

Seems pretty ambitions to have events every 2 weeks on average, but would be awsome if they can pull it off.

It isn't just HDNET Fight cards. They are also including other orgs also. Ring of Fire and International Fighting Organization were mentioned specifically, but I am sure others are involved.

Either way, it is only a plus for us the fans.

Also, I don't think the card is bad, especially when it is FREE!!
It is comparable to Fight Night's.

Post #5   11/15/07 10:17:44PM   

Muay-Thai

MMA Regular

Muay-Thai Avatar

Career:100-45
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Trigg Vs. Dewees though?!?!?!?!? Like what is that? Where did they get that fight from?

Post #6   11/16/07 4:17:30AM