Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Crocop says “.... the haters”

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
Over the weekend Mirko CroCop took some time off from being surly and introverted to record a TV interview with some weird korwegian station:

KW: Did you think about ending your career?

Mirko: I did think of it the night after my last defeat, but I’m not going to end my career soon. I will have 5 or 6 fights at least. Maybe even more, who can tell. Every fight could be your last one. You can suffer from a fatal injury, you can break your leg or arm. If I’ll be able to fight I’ll fight, it’s my life and my choice and I enjoy doing it.

I have a very strong motive, especially because of number of „wise“ Internet users saying that I’m done. I will prove they were wrong.

http://fightlinker.com/?p=964

Post #1   11/15/07 1:01:09AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
<--- wise internet user
"Cro Cop is DONE!

J/K

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   11/15/07 1:06:50AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I'm not sure if this qualifies as news

Post #3   11/15/07 1:20:05AM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Chips:
my nether, but i thought why i shouldnt put it

Post #4   11/15/07 1:42:24AM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Chips:
its a nice thing from mirko and i agree with him

Post #5   11/15/07 1:44:59AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
mirco is far from done, he just needs to join up at xtreme couture and fill some of the holes in his game ^^. Someone who has KO power in both hands and feet will always be a threat in any HW division.. maybe he needs the hunger, maybe he needs nose surgery, maybe he needs some steroids or anger pills.. whatever it is, he deserves a chance to do what he needs to do. He also deserves a certain amount of respect from the fans for what he's accomplished.

Post #6   11/15/07 2:34:50AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

mirco is far from done, he just needs to join up at xtreme couture and fill some of the holes in his game ^^. Someone who has KO power in both hands and feet will always be a threat in any HW division.. maybe he needs the hunger, maybe he needs nose surgery, maybe he needs some steroids or anger pills.. whatever it is, he deserves a chance to do what he needs to do. He also deserves a certain amount of respect from the fans for what he's accomplished.

THE LAST THING CRO COP NEEDS IS TO BE AT XC!!! He's a striker he is not ever going to be a wrestler, he's not going to be a bjj expert, he's not going to work in the clinch! He needs to be where he's at, he needs to be in Holland with the best strikers the world has to offer, he needs to be sparring in his full sized cage with guys that can kill him standing if he's not focused. He needs to do what he did for his whole damn career, strike, sprawl, if he gets taken down he needs to hold on until it gets stood up, and then he needs to go back to work. XC isn't some magical place that makes you a great fighter, look at mike pyle, he just got dominated. I really don't think Randy could teach Cro Cop anything that he would want to use anyways(hates the clinch and would rather not be anywhere near the ground). If there was anywhere he should be that's not in Holland I would say he should go to visit Chuck at the Pit, Chuck made the same style as Cro Cop work in the cage, so there is no reason Cro Cop can't do the very same.

Post #7   11/15/07 4:02:13AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by wapttn

THE LAST THING CRO COP NEEDS IS TO BE AT XC!!! He's a striker he is not ever going to be a wrestler, he's not going to be a bjj expert, he's not going to work in the clinch! He needs to be where he's at, he needs to be in Holland with the best strikers the world has to offer, he needs to be sparring in his full sized cage with guys that can kill him standing if he's not focused. He needs to do what he did for his whole damn career, strike, sprawl, if he gets taken down he needs to hold on until it gets stood up, and then he needs to go back to work. XC isn't some magical place that makes you a great fighter, look at mike pyle, he just got dominated. I really don't think Randy could teach Cro Cop anything that he would want to use anyways(hates the clinch and would rather not be anywhere near the ground). If there was anywhere he should be that's not in Holland I would say he should go to visit Chuck at the Pit, Chuck made the same style as Cro Cop work in the cage, so there is no reason Cro Cop can't do the very same.

Agree...
XC is not Disneyland.

Post #8   11/15/07 9:35:14AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,003
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

It is not a shame for a top striker to learn something else to help him to be a complete fighter and to help him to be able to do others thing that striking !!

I know that he can do others thing than striking but he need to improve where he is no good at, and on the ground he have a problem.

I don't thing that the age factor is a reason to do nothing , fighting in a real cage is something and learning new technique is another !!

Post #9   11/15/07 11:20:14AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
hahaha easy boys!

me saying that he needs to train at xc was not me saying that he needs to work on being a more well rounded fighter, but more along the lines of understanding cage strategy, like how to cut off your opponent n stuff. I would've said he should train at the pit, but the pit got whooped by jardine =/

Post #10   11/15/07 12:01:58PM   

Linye

MMA Regular

Career:240-141
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I'll be waiting Mirko.

Post #11   11/15/07 5:01:42PM