Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

new announcers

Print  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

- MAURO RANALLO & JAY GLAZER JOIN ELITE XC
Thursday, February 08, 2007 - by MMAWeekly.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a move to add more credibility to the announcing team, Mauro Ranallo and Jay Glazer have been announced to fill out the telecast for this weekend’s EliteXC event on Showtime, which debuts Saturday, Feb. 10 at 10 p.m. ET. They join the already announced Bill Goldberg and Mario Lopez.

As it now stands, Ranallo, the North American play-by-play voice of Pride broadcasts from 2003-2006, will handle the play-by-play duties for the EliteXC telecast, while Glazer and Goldberg will provide color commentary. Lopez will serve as the roving reporter.

Post #1   2/9/07 12:18:22AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Thank goodness for that last minute change up. I know I havn't given Mario a chance yet but If he held down the desk I would keep expecting to see screech pop up somewhere.

Post #2   2/9/07 12:41:30AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I don't like either one of them, but they are 1000% better than Bill Goldberg and Mario Lopez IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/9/07 3:28:37AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
At least Goldberg dressed like a mma fighter. Gloves and all

Post #4   2/9/07 3:37:23AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I actually liked Mauro a lot in Pride. He wasn't as good as Quadros, but he held his own.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   2/9/07 3:39:50AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
mauro isnt bad.. he can be annoying sometimes saying things like 'and gets the full mount, does takahashi' instead of 'takahashi gets the full mount'.. but other than little annoyances, i think its a great addition

Post #6   2/9/07 1:55:54PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Bill Goldberg it will be the test for him. To se if he is any good. What happend to Ryan Dunn from Jackass was he supposed to be at this event or was that something else all together?

Post #7   2/9/07 2:48:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Golberfg did the WFA final show and wasn't good IMO. Quadros/Bas/Rampage was the best Pride announcing team I ever heard.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/10/07 3:37:47AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
I think they should just drop Bill Goldberg completely. I hate the guy, and not just out of my hatred for pro wrestling which I've mentioned a number of times on these forums. But because when I see Bill Goldberg I can't help but be reminded of Universal Soldier: The Return. And when I think about that movie my ears start to bleed and I pass out for about an hour or so.

Post #9   2/10/07 4:41:18AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
Tonight's the night guys. We get to see Mario and Bill show their stuff. Oh, and there will be fights too! It's live so they can't edit out the mistakes. I wonder if they have a list of dialogue to rehearse. You know, phrases and names of moves to read from so they sound more realistic. Anyway, if we could bet our funny money on this one I'm all in on Shamrock.

If it was real money though, I would have just cursed him to lose. Thats why I never gamble.

Post #10   2/10/07 7:10:07AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

I think they should just drop Bill Goldberg completely. I hate the guy, and not just out of my hatred for pro wrestling which I've mentioned a number of times on these forums. But because when I see Bill Goldberg I can't help but be reminded of Universal Soldier: The Return. And when I think about that movie my ears start to bleed and I pass out for about an hour or so.

Thanks for reminding me. I just passed out for a Hour too. Think before you remind people of the horrible movie. Dont bring up a goldberg movie unless it has Adam Sadler or David Arcette in it.

Post #11   2/10/07 5:30:33PM