Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Andrei Arlovski Wants to Fight Before Negotiating New Deal

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
It’s not the salary demands that has former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski sitting on the sidelines. The Chicago-based fighter, who has one fight remaining on his current deal, just wants to fulfill the terms of his contract before he considers negotiating a new one.

Apparently unwilling to do that, the UFC has kept Arlovski sitting on the sidelines since his UFC 70 victory over Fabricio Werdum nearly seven months ago.

Roman Modrowski shed some light on the situation in today’s edition of the Chicago Sun-Times (MMAjunkie.com also mentioned the Arlovski-UFC situation briefly on Wednesday).

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/11/09/andrei-arlovski-wants-to-fight-before-negotiating/

Post #1   11/9/07 2:49:36PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I've read alot of reports about AA lately, and to me it all sounds like he'll be leaving.

Post #2   11/9/07 3:12:00PM   

KOright89

Learning to Sprawl

KOright89 Avatar

Career:76-57
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
It would really suck if Arlovski left. They should give him his last fight ASAP so that his mind could be made up sooner whether or not he's leaving...

Post #3   11/9/07 3:23:20PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i hope he does leave, i love to watch him fight but if the UFC is tryin to pull a you fight here or you fight no where thing like they are tryin to do with randy i think he needs to go

WAR AA

Post #4   11/9/07 3:26:59PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Well if he does leave i hope he signs with M1 and fights Fedor.....that would be a match i would like to see...!!

Post #5   11/9/07 3:27:37PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Thats a shitty situation, and i would hold it against ufc management if it wasnt what every organization with exclusive contracts did. If money isnt the issue.. then why not sign? I have a theory that he wants a contract that is everything he wants, or to hold out and get in there with m1. His soviet blood is probably telling him that he should go fight fedor and collect a massive pay day there.

Post #6   11/9/07 3:50:55PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

Thats a shitty situation, and i would hold it against ufc management if it wasnt what every organization with exclusive contracts did. If money isnt the issue.. then why not sign? I have a theory that he wants a contract that is everything he wants, or to hold out and get in there with m1. His soviet blood is probably telling him that he should go fight fedor and collect a massive pay day there.

I agree and it's tough for all these guys, with mma booming, there are orgs popping up with the money and since pride was folded there's talent spread all over, so now it simply becomes, who's going to give you the most freedom, and who's closest to home. We've seen japanese fighters sign in K-1 for the same or less, Russians sign in M-1 for the same or less, and I think it's going to continue, and we might end up with a bunch of orgs all over the place, one big one may pop up in brazil, which would be a disaster for the UFC IMO.

Post #7   11/9/07 3:55:16PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
that makes sense

Post #8   11/9/07 4:01:55PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
id love to see arlovski fight brandon vera before he goes. vera has talked about fighting him and i think with both these guys styles it will be a fantastic fight. then after arlovski wins he can take off to fight fedor in mother russia no. ...

Last edited 11/9/07 4:54PM server time by xAcidburNx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   11/9/07 4:53:25PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
come to think of it. If randy actually ends up leaving. then if tim silvia manages to beat big nog. itd be retarded for arlovski to stay. no matter what he does. no ones gonna wanna watch another silvia/AA champ fight.

Post #10   11/9/07 4:56:21PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Andre probably wants another chance for a better performance before the possibility of (re)negotiating his contract. Let's face it, 3 of his last 4 fights have not been stellar performances.

Post #11   11/9/07 5:07:09PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Andre probably wants another chance for a better performance before the possibility of (re)negotiating his contract. Let's face it, 3 of his last 4 fights have not been stellar performances.

Just to add my $0.02... The only really 'bad' or boring fights he's had have been the 3rd fight with BigTim and the Werdum fight...

Sure he lost the second fight to Sylvia, but it was good non the less.... And the fight with PdPa was entertaining to say the least... How often do you get to see a guy KO someone while he's sitting on his ass???

I agree with most folks who say that the UFC should stop keeping their fighters hostage... Either that or fighters have to start signing 1 fight deals or something...

Post #12   11/9/07 5:51:21PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by KOright89

It would really suck if Arlovski left. They should give him his last fight ASAP so that his mind could be made up sooner whether or not he's leaving...

That's why they won't give him a fight. The UFC doesn't want him to go to the competition.

The UFC is really starting to sound like scumbags to me. How can they just hold him in this contract like this? They talk about respecting contracts and fighters but I don't see it. Dana lies right to everyones face when he says "we want AA to fight but he hasn't came up to us." They really seem to treat their fighters like shit and if they don't turn it around I think they are going to lose more and more of there top talent (and they won't turn it around because they feel this is how you should conduct business).

Post #13   11/9/07 9:40:19PM   

jgordon85

MMA Regular

jgordon85 Avatar

Career:1,789-1,188
Camp: Team Twisted
Chips:

Posted by roman

Posted by KOright89

That's why they won't give him a fight. The UFC doesn't want him to go to the competition.

The UFC is really starting to sound like scumbags to me. How can they just hold him in this contract like this? They talk about respecting contracts and fighters but I don't see it. Dana lies right to everyones face when he says "we want AA to fight but he hasn't came up to us." They really seem to treat their fighters like shit and if they don't turn it around I think they are going to lose more and more of there top talent (and they won't turn it around because they feel this is how you should conduct business).

that is true. i think that is why the tuf guys are starting to be there foundation and might pretty soon be all the talent that they have. the guys who dont win the contract but still fight in the ufc get paid crap if they did not win like two or three matches.
arlovski needs to stay and fight only good things and good matches can happen.

Post #14   11/9/07 10:02:56PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Just to add my $0.02... The only really 'bad' or boring fights he's had have been the 3rd fight with BigTim and the Werdum fight...

Sure he lost the second fight to Sylvia, but it was good non the less.... And the fight with PdPa was entertaining to say the least... How often do you get to see a guy KO someone while he's sitting on his ass???

I agree with most folks who say that the UFC should stop keeping their fighters hostage... Either that or fighters have to start signing 1 fight deals or something...

Pe de Pano (PdPa?) he never fought this guy. edit -- yes he did. I got mixed up with another Pe de Pano.. --

Vs. Sylvia 3 and and Werdum were 2 of his last 3 fights. Sure he won 2 of those three, but these two were so bad people were complaining.

I wasn't saying that Arlovski is in danger of losing his contract. In fact, the way it was worded "Arlovski wants to wait until after his next fight" gives me the impression that the UFC has already contacted him for negotiations. I was only saying that Andre probably thinks that he has a chance getting better terms if he can put up a good performance for his final fight.

Last edited 11/9/07 10:56PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: I'm an idiot

Post #15   11/9/07 10:15:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2