Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Vs. Matt, Now At A Newsstand Near You

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mitchell740

MMA Regular

Career:97-64
Camp: The drunken brawlers
Chips:
First off if Hughes can survive and not get KOed by footstomps, then I am fairly sure he will dominate.

We alll know that Lytle should have been the one to fight GSP anyways.

Post #16   11/8/07 4:51:38PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I don't think that Matt Serra is even top 5 in that division. Matt Hughes is barely top 5. Hughes will dominate this "championship" fight.

Post #17   11/8/07 5:23:27PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Hardcastle

Posted by slappywhite

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by slappywhite

not a big deal, Hughes will be champ in a few weeks

Not unless they are going to make a belt for "Guy Who Lost to Matt Serra" He could be champ of that...

Its safe to sey that Serra got lucky and that Hughes is gonna throw him around like a rag doll

I dunno lol

its only safe to say that if you can actually spell the word "say." and i wouldn't take anything for granted, considering that GSP threw your boy Hughes around "like a rag doll" and then kicked his face off (even on an off day he would dummy hughes) but then serra did his job and caught an unprepared GSP with some solid boxing. (something hughes has absolutely zero of by the way). if hughes even manages to lay and pray out some crap decision he is still going to be handing that belt over to GSP within a few months, or rather his trainer will hand it over while hughes lies face down on the canvas with EMT's swarming around him. and if he does get by serra, we can only hope GSP thumps him harder than ever for being such a pussy and cheering when GSP got caught because he wanted what he thought was an easier fight. that ******* coward. sooner or later hughes is gonna get shut up once and for all, and GSP may not even have to be the one to do it if hughes goes into the serra fight with such a big ******* head with no sense in it whatsoever.

just like when everyone saud GSP was gonna run over serra and how did that match turn up, and i really dont care who wins cause if serra whens then GSP gets his rematch and if hughes wins we get to see him get KO again and desveres worst after cheerin for GSP losin. hughes is a dick. and will be doen soon if he loses to serra then what, and if he wins he still wont be able to beat GSP so basicly in the same spot as rich franklin, to big to drop anothe weight class, cant beat the top guy in their div and the upper weight class is to much for them.

Post #18   11/8/07 5:49:48PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
What are you all going to say if Serra pulls it off again? Give the guy credit he KO'd GSP, everyone tends to forget how he consistently fights very good.

Post #19   11/8/07 5:59:22PM   

LightsOut33093

Standup Guy

LightsOut33093 Avatar

Career:648-332
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Not only are Matt Hughes & Matt Serra squaring off at UFC 79 and on TUF 6

I don't think they are fighting on TUF 6.

Last edited 11/8/07 9:34PM server time by LIGHTSOUT33093
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   11/8/07 9:32:49PM   

creativedestruction

MMA Regular

creativedestruction Avatar

Career:1,846-927
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by slappywhite

not a big deal, Hughes will be champ in a few weeks

Not unless they are going to make a belt for "Guy Who Lost to Matt Serra" He could be champ of that...

I can see why you have a losing record.

Post #21   11/8/07 9:42:18PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Obviously theres a lot of hype around this fight, and obviously some confusion as well. But for anyone who doesnt mind looking at the fight records and actual fights objectively, hughes will take this fight fairly easily. Was serra lucky? who knows, he landed about 7 bombs on gsp before he was able to gnp him out.. maybe he was fortunate to land all 7 in a row, maybe he should move up a weight class and show silva a thing or two. 9/10 times that fight would've gone to gsp. Hughes will not take this fight lightly because he's an elite fighter who knows what it takes to be at the top. Hughes has superior striking, superior wrestling, far more experience, and likely a better overall ground game. Hughes is the same guy who almost submitted royce gracie. Serra is out of his league.. but this is the year of the upset, and this is the sport of 'one mistake and you're out' which is probably why people keep insisting on cheering for the underdog.

Post #22   11/8/07 11:29:01PM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
I like them both but i see Hughes taking the win with superior wrestling skills, you can make the arguement that serra has better jiu-jitsu but it may not be true, matt hughes has sick ground skills all around remember when he submitted gsp it should be a good fight but i think hughes is going to take the belt again.

Post #23   11/9/07 10:45:55AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
quit arguing everyone knows matt is going to win.

Post #24   11/9/07 10:49:11AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2