Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Do you think

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

Posted by OB_Juan

I might catch some crap for this but I've always suspected GSP. His kissing and embracing of his corner definitely raised a flag (I think after the loss to Hughes).

you have to understand the different culture. kissing between men is a lot more common in euro/french canadian cultures than a lot of other places. its something he doesnt even think twice about, he was raised with it. besides, he has a girlfriend...and i imagine a smoking hot one.....french canadian girls are hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

And i heard he was walking around the UFC 67 weigh ins with Arriana That new ring girl.

Post #16   2/9/07 3:10:11PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I'm not trying to say that I care or I need it to happen or I'm a homophobe. What I am saying is that since there is a good chance there is one out there I was wondering if you all thought there would ever come a point in time where one could come out and not have his reputation hurt...cause I am sure in todays society Fedor would lose alot of respect from the "common man" if he were to be gay. I know true MMA fans wouldnt give a crap.

Post #17   2/9/07 4:18:37PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
NO , I sure wouldn't want to be grappling with someone who might be really happy to get mounted. If their is a gay fighter I'm sure he will keep it quiet till he's done. Bonnar's not gay , he's a tail chaser. I'd go with Baroni. My roomate told me he saw him in a kinda gay bodybuilding video. I personally heard him anouncing a rumble onthe rock match where he was talking about the fighter's beautiful bodies. I think he's overcompensating by acting like a he-man . It's possible the closet could come open when he retires.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   2/9/07 11:35:11PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I'd go with Baroni. My roomate told me he saw him in a kinda gay bodybuilding video. I personally heard him anouncing a rumble onthe rock match where he was talking about the fighter's beautiful bodies. I think he's overcompensating by acting like a he-man . It's possible the closet could come open when he retires.

The world of body building is mostly supported by the gay community. I work in a convenience store at night, and can honestly say I've never sold an issue of Muscleman, Reps, Flex, etc to someone who wasn't a closet homosexual. Plus I know a few guys that do strongman that say theres a huge gay following to the sport in some areas. Stuff like bodybuilder mags and videos are marketed towards the closet homosexual community, as a guy can buy an issue of Muscleman, which advertises how to get big muscles, and not feel gay about it (in theory anyways). Also, knowing some body builders, they tend to come off kind of gay, even when they're not.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #19   2/10/07 1:28:31AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I know some bodybuilder's who are not gay. However, a buddy of mine who was a pro told me that somewhere around 20% are gay or switch hitters. Scary to have dudes that strong, playing for the other team IMO. I;ve never met or even heardof a gay stringman guy though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   2/10/07 3:49:37AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I have a friend whos friend is a gay powerlifter/strongman competetor. Hes also not at all shy about his sexuality, being as most dudes won't say a word about it in his presence, being as hes 300lbs of solid muscle.

I honestly don't care one way or another, although I doubt most professional athletes would come out of the closet. Mostly because it doesn't really factor into the sport at all.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #21   2/10/07 4:11:56AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
Does a sport that involves a bunch of greased up ripped dudes posing on stage having a gay following actually surprise anyone? If anyone were to come out it wouldn't be GSP, he's not gay, just french. There kind of the same thing but not really. It would probably be someone you wouldn't expect, like Tank Abbott.

Post #22   2/10/07 4:32:09AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I've heard rumors that Tank was gay. Supposedly that riot he started at an event was because he was with his boyfriend at the time and some local fighter made a comment about them, and they got into a fight. If anyone has that picture of Tank doing pro-wrestling in a speedo, this would be the time to post it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #23   2/10/07 5:03:36AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I've heard rumors that Tank was gay. Supposedly that riot he started at an event was because he was with his boyfriend at the time and some local fighter made a comment about them, and they got into a fight. If anyone has that picture of Tank doing pro-wrestling in a speedo, this would be the time to post it.

Bite your blasphemous tongue! That's my UFC hero you are talking about there. And if it was true I am certain he is the pitcher. You aren't gay unless you are the catcher!

Post #24   2/10/07 5:46:59AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Err.....then what would that make the pitcher? An opportunist?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #25   2/10/07 6:03:42AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Geez, everyone knows a few friends of friends that know queers.

You know the worse part about John Amaechi being gay? He's releasing a book called "Man in the Middle."

Gotta agree with the guy who said Diego.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #26   2/10/07 12:30:51PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

'nuff said.