Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Steroids Found In Sherks Supplement

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21
So essentially this means nothing other then xyience has sterioids in certain supplements? Thats bad news for both parties...Also if Sherks taking all of these supplements should he not know exactly whats in them since he's a pro athlete that participates in a tested sport? This is like when people in the olympics say "it was a supplement", well the olympic comission says "you should have known exactly what your putting into your body".

How would you expect him to know that there is something in his supplement that isn't listed on the ingredients and shouldn't be in there anyway?

I'm speaking in terms of how the CSAC will feel here, but if your a pro athlete(some have done it before) but they have their supplements tested before they take them? Small price to pay considering he's losing 3 fight checks(missing a year), sponsors, his name ect. Thats how I would expect him to know. Your a pro athlete with drug regulations you should know exactly what your putting into your body.

I agree that you should know what you put in your body...in fact that is the stance of the the AC's...but if the supplements were tainted, as it seems may be the case, it is quite different. People have been cleared in similar cases.

From what it sounds like is it wasn't one tainted, it was one whole supplement, which is on xyience, but it's also on Sherk for not know what it was that he was taking, which is exactly what the CSAC will say. I'm not trying to be a dick, but even I know exactly what is in the products I take, and if it was just one bottle out of the millions sold then of course he should get off but the odds of that are astronomical.

yes it's true ur a pro athele, u should know what goes in ur body but i would like to know how many if any actual get their supplements tested, outside of the list of banned subsatnces along with what it says on the bottle and how u came bout ur routine (ur trainer, nutruisnist, just personal experinece, or sponsors) how r u supposed to do that shit. and look at as all acess i think he knows what hes puttiin in his body so how can u blame the althele when CSAC and FDA have aprrovings of supp but the company ***** up, u can only do so much

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #31   11/5/07 6:41:17PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I know olympic, NFL, boxing and most sports that have regimented testing and require extreme physical out puts have people who have their supplements tested. It's alot to ask of an athlete, but if you look at sherk, and his supplement intake he should be testing everything and know how all of those supplements react together, so if anyone is testing their supp's it should be him. Like I said before if it was one and only one tainted bottle(contained a different illegal substance then the one he tested positive for) then he should get off.

Post #32   11/5/07 6:52:22PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
UFC promotes Xynience

when means...

UFC promotes steroids

Post #33   11/5/07 7:59:03PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

UFC promotes Xynience

when means...

UFC promotes steroids

I am confused. Are you saying the UFC does, or does not, promote steroids?

Post #34   11/5/07 8:04:17PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
Well if they found steroids in Xyience energy drinks and the UFC promotes them like crazy, then the UFC promotes them!!!

Post #35   11/5/07 8:05:56PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Well if they found steroids in Xyience energy drinks and the UFC promotes them like crazy, then the UFC promotes them!!!

Apperently the UFC has a hand in owning them....Not saying the UFC promotes or encourages steroids because I don't think they do, but I am a little concerend as to why the bigges UFC sponsor is being blamed for a positive steroid test.

Post #36   11/5/07 8:09:33PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
UFC events, are often, sponsored by Mickey's. Does that mean that The UFC supports alcoholism?

Last edited 11/5/07 8:20PM server time by xxMALICExx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #37   11/5/07 8:12:39PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
The UFC is a bad influence :rolf:

Post #38   11/5/07 8:13:35PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by xxMALICExx

UFC events, are often, sponsored by Mickey's. Does that mean that The UFC supports alcoholism?

good point here !!!

as a comparison, worldcom was sponsoring a formula 1 team ( william team ) and 1 years later worldcom leaders have been found guilty of many criminal charge and are now in prison for fraud.

i am sure that william's team was promoting there sponsor everywhere before the scandal, but it doesn't mean that william supports fraud !!

sometimes, you don't know everything about everybody !!

Last edited 11/5/07 8:55PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   11/5/07 8:23:22PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,194-2,873
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I know olympic, NFL, boxing and most sports that have regimented testing and require extreme physical out puts have people who have their supplements tested. It's alot to ask of an athlete, but if you look at sherk, and his supplement intake he should be testing everything and know how all of those supplements react together, so if anyone is testing their supp's it should be him. Like I said before if it was one and only one tainted bottle(contained a different illegal substance then the one he tested positive for) then he should get off.

That is what I was attempting to say previously. From what I've read, it sounded as if 4 samples of the supplement tested negative, while 1 tested positive. I'm going out on a limb and say that it wasn't intended to be in that product, as Xyience has pulled it off the shelf until more testing can be done...which would mean they found 1 tainted sample. If he was taking a tainted product, there is a possibility that he gets cleared...I wouldn't be surprised by a lawsuit as well, since his name has been dragged through the mud over this.

Post #40   11/5/07 8:29:50PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,278-1,405
Chips:
I was just wondering if everybody feels the same way that I do. In my opinion, he should have legal recourse. That is, I believe that he should be able to sue Xyience for all of the money that he has lost in possible fight revenues, the fines he had to pay, for tainting his reputation, and for stress caused to him buy this whole situation. If Xyience is the leader in supplements for athletes, then they should be held accountable for what is in their products. I believe that any company that has athletes as customers, needs to be more careful and accountable. These are athletes' livelihoods. All the best to Sherk!

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #41   11/5/07 8:45:39PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cmill21

That is what I was attempting to say previously. From what I've read, it sounded as if 4 samples of the supplement tested negative, while 1 tested positive. I'm going out on a limb and say that it wasn't intended to be in that product, as Xyience has pulled it off the shelf until more testing can be done...which would mean they found 1 tainted sample. If he was taking a tainted product, there is a possibility that he gets cleared...I wouldn't be surprised by a lawsuit as well, since his name has been dragged through the mud over this.

Xyience is ruining our sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #42   11/5/07 8:59:43PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
It seems to me that xyience dropped the ball on this one. Xyience has had some huge names under their sponsorship, and its unlikely that any of these athletes buy their supplements at the local GNC. It should be the responsibility of xyience to be 100% certain that the supplements going to these athletes contain no steroids. Since they didnt take these extra precautions, they're rapidly losing sponsorship deals, may have cost one of its athletes a title, will lose huge amounts in revenue due to athletes being concerned of positive tests, and will possibly lose more due to lawsuits based on damages such as the ones that sherk has suffered

Post #43   11/6/07 12:32:15AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wolfgarnaud

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cmill21

Xyience is ruining our sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at least we know xyience will build muscle.

Post #44   11/6/07 1:59:33AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:959-564
Chips:
so why does he still have the belt? or they gonna wait for it to be officially announced during his hearing later this month?

Post #45   11/6/07 4:14:25PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3