Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Steroids Found In Sherks Supplement

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
i was just listening in sherdog.com about all this incident, Xyience doesnt know how that happpen, they're trying to avoid that subject, apparently they usually have problems with their products overseas (they're lucky!), and the UFC hasnt made any comments, an as far as i know... is not good for the UFC to complain with one of their main sponsors...

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   11/5/07 4:32:33PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21
So essentially this means nothing other then xyience has sterioids in certain supplements? Thats bad news for both parties...Also if Sherks taking all of these supplements should he not know exactly whats in them since he's a pro athlete that participates in a tested sport? This is like when people in the olympics say "it was a supplement", well the olympic comission says "you should have known exactly what your putting into your body".

How would you expect him to know that there is something in his supplement that isn't listed on the ingredients and shouldn't be in there anyway?

Post #17   11/5/07 4:41:02PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21
So essentially this means nothing other then xyience has sterioids in certain supplements? Thats bad news for both parties...Also if Sherks taking all of these supplements should he not know exactly whats in them since he's a pro athlete that participates in a tested sport? This is like when people in the olympics say "it was a supplement", well the olympic comission says "you should have known exactly what your putting into your body".

How would you expect him to know that there is something in his supplement that isn't listed on the ingredients and shouldn't be in there anyway?

exactly, how do u know when u hit up gnc and they end up lyin on the label, finally though sherk's name starts gettin cleared and this different than bonds and marrion jones who said i dont know my trainer give it me, those were shit i get on the blck market, sherk could **** xyience for this if this fall on him which would be BS

Post #18   11/5/07 4:48:11PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Chips:
i dont wanna get into any baseball thing... but barry bonds everytime he got tested never came positive on steroids

Post #19   11/5/07 4:52:01PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

I'm speaking in terms of how the CSAC will feel here, but if your a pro athlete(some have done it before) but they have their supplements tested before they take them? Small price to pay considering he's losing 3 fight checks(missing a year), sponsors, his name ect. Thats how I would expect him to know. Your a pro athlete with drug regulations you should know exactly what your putting into your body.

Post #20   11/5/07 4:53:35PM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,952-1,717
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21
I'm speaking in terms of how the CSAC will feel here, but if your a pro athlete(some have done it before) but they have their supplements tested before they take them? Small price to pay considering he's losing 3 fight checks(missing a year), sponsors, his name ect. Thats how I would expect him to know. Your a pro athlete with drug regulations you should know exactly what your putting into your body.

"Seven tests totaling $3,000 were conducted on supplements Sherk took" ...

I agree with what you are saying in theory, but it seems like it's either going to be cost-prohibitive for all but the best paid fighters.

Post #21   11/5/07 4:59:30PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

a professional athlete can not call a scientifique to analize what he take in case that the ingredient list may be false or incomplete !!

Post #22   11/5/07 4:59:46PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

is your job as an athlete to know what you're putting in your body

Post #23   11/5/07 5:14:16PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by wolfgarnaud

Posted by cmill21

Man, all the suplement that he was taking were listed LEGAL !!!

we will see the result in 2 weeks but the fighters are refering to a list of legal stuff and illegal stuff and they don't have to do a scientifique test themself !!

when a suplement is on the legal list it is supposse to be legal !!

i am assuming that it is the case here, but we will see !!

Last edited 11/5/07 5:31PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   11/5/07 5:28:42PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I can agree with you that you should know what is going into your body. But also, it would never pay off to have your supplements tested. Everyday, there are chemists in labs, coming up with their new little "potions" (not a technical term) to help improve the human body. You can be sure that Xience is one of the first in line to get these new "potions", to use in their supplements. I'm sure they even have their own chemists doing this for them. Anyways, the ingredients in supplements are constantly changing, so an athlete would have to buy their supplements in bulk, or have their supplements tested on a regular basis. I dont think many athletes would do this. It is inconvenient, and not very cost effective.

Post #25   11/5/07 5:33:53PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
so the winner of bj and joe to fight sean?

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   11/5/07 5:47:29PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by wolfgarnaud

Posted by cmill21

Man, all the suplement that he was taking were listed LEGAL !!!

we will see the result in 2 weeks but the fighters are refering to a list of legal stuff and illegal stuff and they don't have to do a scientifique test themself !!

when a suplement is on the legal list it is supposse to be legal !!

i am assuming that it is the case here, but we will see !!

yeah i understand what you're saying, but this whole thing gets a lot more worst when you find out that in this case Xyience products had problems with their market overseas...
i trust in a report that comes from sherdog.com, and apparently Xyience with their new partnership with the UFC, is hard to know how bad is this gonna affect Sherk situation...
an like i said: is not good for the UFC to complain with one of their main sponsors, especially now...

for sure, (as a fan) i really didnt spect this to happen, also this puts the CSAC in a bad situation as well. they're taking too much time.

Post #27   11/5/07 5:53:39PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,194-2,873
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

I agree that you should know what you put in your body...in fact that is the stance of the the AC's...but if the supplements were tainted, as it seems may be the case, it is quite different. People have been cleared in similar cases.

Post #28   11/5/07 5:55:41PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I see a few possibilities here:

1) Considering, I was unable to find a "metabolic" link to andro and nandro the fact that Sherk's supplements had andro might be irrelevant. Therefore

a) Sherk's defense might try to claim that if one drug is in there others might be as well. However, and I really need to read the whole article(s) I am not sure if they said that nandrolone was NOT in there or not.. Sherk might get off due to the fact that it is not known, but possible that andro and nandro could be linked in the body.

b) They might just say that these are not the same drug and he still gets burned, but possibly ends up opening up a whole can of worms for previous cases (and/or future cases)

I am not sure how the law functions on cases where scientific evidence is neither for or against the case

2) Xyience may end up denying the fact that andro is even in there.

Post #29   11/5/07 6:01:11PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

I agree that you should know what you put in your body...in fact that is the stance of the the AC's...but if the supplements were tainted, as it seems may be the case, it is quite different. People have been cleared in similar cases.

From what it sounds like is it wasn't one tainted, it was one whole supplement, which is on xyience, but it's also on Sherk for not know what it was that he was taking, which is exactly what the CSAC will say. I'm not trying to be a dick, but even I know exactly what is in the products I take, and if it was just one bottle out of the millions sold then of course he should get off but the odds of that are astronomical.

Post #30   11/5/07 6:11:29PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3