Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ricardo Arona: "UFC Rules Were Made For Me."

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
Ricardo Arona, one of mma's biggest free agents seems intent on coming to the UFC. Check out commments Arona made to Tatame.com:
"The UFC rules were made for me. When they put me there it will be hell," said Arona. "Nobody will stop me. Everything favors me, the rules, the time zone. These rules with vaseline in your face, elbows and 5 minute rounds were made for me. I am used to fighting 20 minutes. Apart from the rules, you also cannot use steroids, and there are a lot of people falling because of that. I never used steroids, and I am laughing my ass off of these people that are falling because of it. I have no problems because of it."

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2007/114/ricardo_arona_307315.shtml

Post #1   11/4/07 7:26:04PM   

Riggeee

MMA Regular

Riggeee Avatar

Career:686-426
Chips:
haha he says nobody will stop him, hes the most boring fighter ever probably....

Last edited 11/4/07 8:44PM server time by Riggeee
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/4/07 8:43:59PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
I thought that he signed with M-1, just so he didn't have to be in the UFC? I remember sometime last month right after we found out Fedor had signed that there was a report that Arona was heading there too. I thought it was Fedor, Arona, Aleks, and Barnett in M-1, and the good fighters were in the UFC.

Post #3   11/4/07 8:48:12PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

I thought that he signed with M-1, just so he didn't have to be in the UFC? I remember sometime last month right after we found out Fedor had signed that there was a report that Arona was heading there too. I thought it was Fedor, Arona, Aleks, and Barnett in M-1, and the good fighters were in the UFC.

Hahaha. I read this months ago, as far as I know he has signed with M-1.

Post #4   11/4/07 8:53:24PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I wonder who specifically those steroid comments are directed at.... Shogun possibly? Seems strange because he and crocop are really the only people who have transitioned poorly. Heath hasn't been doing well for quite a while even before the shift and other than eating one big kick nogueira did fine. None of these fighters really seem like juicers to me. Wonder who he was talking about.

Post #5   11/4/07 9:30:12PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I wonder who specifically those steroid comments are directed at.... Shogun possibly? Seems strange because he and crocop are really the only people who have transitioned poorly. Heath hasn't been doing well for quite a while even before the shift and other than eating one big kick nogueira did fine. None of these fighters really seem like juicers to me. Wonder who he was talking about.

When I read this interview directly from the person who conducted it he said stomps not streoids. Makes me think it's been changed by someone to stirr up more contraversy.

Post #6   11/4/07 9:42:25PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Scott_Revels

So what, MMA Fightline picked up an old story and is running it as new? If that's so, that's sad.. I only read MMAMania.com, MMAJunkie.com, MMAWeekly.com, and Sherdog.com.. If it doesn't come up on those four websites, I don't believe it..

Post #7   11/4/07 10:55:04PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
Id like to see arona come to the ufc so he can get his ass kicked. rampage would stomp em even worse this time if its at all possible. hell what am i doing thinkin hed get a title shot. this guy has always been whining and talkin like hes the best in the world when he hasnt done much to prove it. Personally im wonderin what exactly Soku has been up to. just took out arona and lil nog. he should keep up with fights so he can stay on track

Post #8   11/5/07 1:47:12AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
arona may be boring but he could give anyone a run for their money in the ufc imo. the rules and the cage really do work well with his positional bjj game.

Post #9   11/5/07 9:37:44AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Post #10   11/5/07 12:19:03PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Scott_Revels

How the hell could you have read something months ago when it is dated November 4th, 2007?

Post #11   11/5/07 3:52:25PM