Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

who should cro cop fight?

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,568-1,873
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
He should retire,no one(ecspecially me)wants to see him in the UFC again.

Post #16   11/3/07 9:34:05PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Khaos

He should retire,no one(ecspecially me)wants to see him in the UFC again.

Agreed, a legend 1 year removed from winning one of the biggest and hardest to obtain titles in mma should retire even though he's only 33 and still could be the most exciting fighter the UFC has ever seen, he's not worth watching.

Post #17   11/3/07 9:44:51PM   

DNor

MMA Regular

DNor Avatar

Career:92-62
Chips:

Yea, definately agree with Cro Cop retiring.... Why would the UFC even give him another chance? Jeez, everyone always talk big about the guy.. I dont know why.. its not like he's defeated guys like... Wanderlei Silva and Josh Barnett... and there would be no way in hell he could beat them on the same exact day..

Post #18   11/3/07 10:35:38PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Eddie Sanchez. Rematch is the only chance CC has.

Post #19   11/3/07 11:11:18PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
i would love to see Brock Lesnar fight Cro Cop after he beats Imes, and get totally destroyed.. thats what Mirko would do to Brock. The UFC could put this fight together just on their names alone. but to see mirko kill Lesnar would be Great!!!!!!!

Post #20   11/4/07 1:27:41AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by DNor

Yea, definately agree with Cro Cop retiring.... Why would the UFC even give him another chance? Jeez, everyone always talk big about the guy.. I dont know why.. its not like he's defeated guys like... Wanderlei Silva and Josh Barnett... and there would be no way in hell he could beat them on the same exact day..

Perfectly said. Most great fighter's will go through a rough patch at some time in his career. He rebounded from losses to Randleman and Hunt , even after he was established, before. Let's not forget he was stalking and beating Kongo before the broken rib. Props to Kongo for doing it, but I still think Mirko will rise again. I would give him Vera also. He's a good enough fighter where he's not going backwards, and has never shown a good GnP. Give him a little more time working in the cage ,and I think Cro-cop beats Vera to start a new winning streak. With Randy gone, the only good GnP HVY in the UFC is Gonzaga. Nog is known more for what he does off his back, and I would take Cro-cops speed against Sylvia most of the time. Arlovski is the only HVY who might be faster, so I think that's a little too dangerous until Mirko gets a a win or 2 underneath his belt in the UFC. Don't get me wrong AA/Cro-cop is one of my dream matches, but I think it would benefit the UFC to give them both different opponents as of now.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #21   11/4/07 4:44:07AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Antoni Hardonk...a midlevel name, and a guy who will stand up and bang with Cro Cop. If MCC can't beat Hardonk, he can't beat anyone.

Post #22   11/4/07 10:16:18AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think christian wellisch
or give him brandon vera

Post #23   11/4/07 1:15:35PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by DNor

Perfectly said. Most great fighter's will go through a rough patch at some time in his career. He rebounded from losses to Randleman and Hunt , even after he was established, before. Let's not forget he was stalking and beating Kongo before the broken rib. Props to Kongo for doing it, but I still think Mirko will rise again. I would give him Vera also. He's a good enough fighter where he's not going backwards, and has never shown a good GnP. Give him a little more time working in the cage ,and I think Cro-cop beats Vera to start a new winning streak. With Randy gone, the only good GnP HVY in the UFC is Gonzaga. Nog is known more for what he does off his back, and I would take Cro-cops speed against Sylvia most of the time. Arlovski is the only HVY who might be faster, so I think that's a little too dangerous until Mirko gets a a win or 2 underneath his belt in the UFC. Don't get me wrong AA/Cro-cop is one of my dream matches, but I think it would benefit the UFC to give them both different opponents as of now.

Agree with mostly everything you said, however I do think Cro Cop has good GNP look at the 2nd Wanderlei Silva fight he GNP'd him pretty bad from the guard... the GNP on Sanchez wasn't too spectacular but he still used the GNP..

CC will be back folks I know it.. and CC did look like he was overwhelming Kongo until the broken rib..

Post #24   11/4/07 5:57:08PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
you lose two fights and all of a sudden you are nothing...i think it would be a big mistake for the ufc to give him vera, although i think it would be an interesting fight, but cc can still beat anyone at any time and vera needs to get a win. sylvia would be interesting right now, as would arlovski.

Post #25   11/4/07 6:16:37PM   

HulkRage

Standup Guy

HulkRage Avatar

Career:1,211-825
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
CC vs Vera would be a good match up right now.

Post #26   11/5/07 6:44:17AM   

Sheddy

MMA Regular

Sheddy Avatar

Career:95-42
Chips:
Would like to see him fight AA, but their wins and losses lately are opposite.
Vera seems a decent choice.

Post #27   11/5/07 7:22:47AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
two losses in a row would be devestating for vera and no matter what everyone thinks cc can beat anyone at any time

Post #28   11/5/07 9:46:50AM   

DieSlow

Learning to Sprawl

DieSlow Avatar

Career:879-550
Camp: /r/mma
Chips:
Arlovski for sure.
Both need to step it up a notch and I am sure both would take the fight seriously. If both brought their "A" Game it would be one of the best fights of the year.

Post #29   11/7/07 5:55:56PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by DNor

Agree with mostly everything you said, however I do think Cro Cop has good GNP look at the 2nd Wanderlei Silva fight he GNP'd him pretty bad from the guard... the GNP on Sanchez wasn't too spectacular but he still used the GNP..

CC will be back folks I know it.. and CC did look like he was overwhelming Kongo until the broken rib..

I agree. I think I wasn't clear enough I think Gonzaga is the only guy Cro-cop would have to fight who has good GnP. I still think his weakest point is still when he's on his back in a cage.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #30   11/7/07 7:29:20PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4