Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva not %100 for lutter

Print  
Posted By Message

Beenosworld

banned

Beenosworld Avatar

Career:156-99
Chips:
Anderson Silva had knee surgery on both knees just 11 weeks ago. That was why he was so easy to take down, and that was why he couldn't squeeze 100% when he had Lutter in the triangle. I ran into his manager after the show and he told me the whole deal. His knees were still very sore. Later that night I ran into Anderson in the hotel, and he was limping like he was just double knee barred. Crazy shit. If Travis ever had a chance, that night was it. Great fight, either way.
Joe Rogan
Anderson Silve is a machine !!! He will be champ for long time to come

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   2/8/07 9:21:15AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
every fighter is dinged up before a fight just from training ad sparring, and a huge number have surgery before fights, but in this business they can't get warm up fights to test themselves after injury, especially if they hold a belt. Injury is a part of the game and everyone has em, so although is makes sense what you've posted, excuses suck in MMA because there's no such thing as a 100% healthy fighter.

Post #2   2/8/07 9:27:42AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

every fighter is dinged up before a fight just from training ad sparring, and a huge number have surgery before fights, but in this business they can't get warm up fights to test themselves after injury, especially if they hold a belt. Injury is a part of the game and everyone has em, so although is makes sense what you've posted, excuses suck in MMA because there's no such thing as a 100% healthy fighter.

Yeah it seems like a lot of fighters talk of Torn ACL and MCL mucscles after their fights. Off the top of my head i think Tito in his fight with Forrest and Heath Herring in his Debut. there are tons of guys more.
Its a ever growing trend in the post-fight interview with rogan fighters will bring up some injury or another.

Post #3   2/8/07 9:59:22AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
its funny that tito after his fight talked of injuries, but in all the promos before the fight he talked about how he had spent 8 months in constant training, injury free up at big bear.

but yes, i agree that most, if not all, fighters will come into a fight with some sort of injury/sprain/etc. I know ive seen franklin/karo/chuck/sylvia all come into fights with black eyes. They train hard.

Post #4   2/8/07 11:31:01AM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,158-736
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

its funny that tito after his fight talked of injuries, but in all the promos before the fight he talked about how he had spent 8 months in constant training, injury free up at big bear.

but yes, i agree that most, if not all, fighters will come into a fight with some sort of injury/sprain/etc. I know ive seen franklin/karo/chuck/sylvia all come into fights with black eyes. They train hard.

Tito will always have an excuse he is a big baby.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #5   2/8/07 12:12:10PM   

argile

MMA Regular

argile Avatar

Career:103-59
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
They blow up injuries to be more serious then they are sometimes, Anderson SIlva is the man but he could of had surgery to remove water from his knee.

and Heath didn't look good at all even with a "torn acl" or whatever his managers or his excuse was. He didnt even try to close his gaurd on his debut or scramble to not get mounted by O'brian.

Post #6   2/8/07 1:01:20PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by argile

They blow up injuries to be more serious then they are sometimes, Anderson SIlva is the man but he could of had surgery to remove water from his knee.

and Heath didn't look good at all even with a "torn acl" or whatever his managers or his excuse was. He didnt even try to close his gaurd on his debut or scramble to not get mounted by O'brian.

Exactly some fighters splurt it out right away as a excuse. But Heath Herring didnt publicly state it. It got passed by word of mouth he was injured. And yes even though he was injured he should have been able to attain guard. Thats why i think he didnt brirng it up. He knew it wasnt a good showing and he didnt want to try and deflect the blame to a ACL.
Props to Heath Herring. Tito no.

Post #7   2/8/07 2:52:20PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

/gotta love it

Post #8   2/8/07 2:55:00PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

/gotta love it

LMFAO....really

Post #9   2/8/07 9:04:38PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Thats actually one of the smart things Big Tim did before going back to the UFC after his broken arm at the hands of Mir. He went to Superbrawl and fought Wes Sims (and supposedly even paid Wes to fight him), to make sure his arm was going to be ok to fight again.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #10   2/9/07 3:14:22AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by cowcatcher

Thats actually one of the smart things Big Tim did before going back to the UFC after his broken arm at the hands of Mir. He went to Superbrawl and fought Wes Sims (and supposedly even paid Wes to fight him), to make sure his arm was going to be ok to fight again.

Didn't Tim say that the reason he tapped so quickly to the heel hook from Arlovski was that he still had the MIr broken arm in his head?Anyway, not that it isn't true when fighter's bring up their injuries after a loss, but I always prefer it when guys mention them after a win.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/9/07 3:23:56AM