Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

IFL Going Live!

Print  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
SWEET! I can't wait for this to happen!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6710

Post #1   2/8/07 1:46:50AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'll paste this one too. More free MMA is alway's a good thing.

From Sherdog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007
by Sherdog.com Staff

The International Fight League announced Wed. that its April 13 event has been moved from Lakeland, Fla. to the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The Mohegan Sun bill will air that same night on Fox Sports Net at 11 p.m. in all markets.

The IFL's April 13 match-ups include the Tucson Scorpions taking on the Toronto Dragons, and the Portland Wolfpack confront the New York Pitbulls. Non-team bouts are expected to be announced shortly.

"We are very excited that FSN has agreed to give us a window to show our product the same night, and we felt that in order to produce the best event possible we needed to move to a site and an area which we have already had success and know very well," said IFL Co-founder and Commissioner Kurt Otto via press release.

"As we have said all along, 2007 will be the year for us to test many things to see what works best, and although we know how strong the MMA following is in Florida and that we will be there at some point, we felt the best site for our first same-night broadcast would be Mohegan Sun."

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/8/07 2:00:53AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Sweetness of Booty! This is aweomse. i hate having results before a fight. Makes it far less intresting.

Post #3   2/8/07 8:26:05AM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i saw last years finals live and it was great except i was sure that carlos beat gracie. there was 5 to 1 gracie fans to carlos fans and i believe that most expected a carlos decision. the carlos fans booed when it was announced as a split decision

Post #4   2/11/07 5:53:49PM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

i saw last years finals live and it was great except i was sure that carlos beat gracie. there was 5 to 1 gracie fans to carlos fans and i believe that most expected a carlos decision. the carlos fans booed when it was announced as a split decision

I agree Carlos won convincingly

Post #5   2/11/07 9:27:24PM   

Kameleon

MMA Regular

Kameleon Avatar

Career:210-115
Chips:
I saw the commercial for IFL: Battleground and it will start on Monday March 12. It will be on network television, the channel is My Network TV.

This is surprising to me. MMA on network television, where they censor so much crap but will allow MMA to be aired.

Post #6   2/17/07 12:25:13AM