Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Din Thomas arrested??

Print  
Posted By Message

Mitchell740

MMA Regular

Career:97-64
Camp: The drunken brawlers
Chips:
Din Thomas (Pictures) was arrested Tuesday in Port St. Lucie, Florida, for running in his local gym what a police spokesman called "illegal cage fighting" matches.

The TCPalm reported that Thomas faces a felony prohibited-competitions charge after police entered his training studio and watched two men fighting in an "octagon-shaped ring" before roughly 150 spectators.

"At the end of the day, he was having a professional mixed martial arts match that was not licensed through us," Sam Farkas, a spokesman for Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation, told the TCPalm. "It was a case of unlicensed activity."

Sherdog.com confirmed the arrest with a representative of Thomas' American Top Team camp. According to ATT, Thomas was in the process of posting a $10,000 bond to obtain his release from jail.

Thomas, a veteran lightweight currently competing in the UFC, lost his most recent bout on Sept. 19 to Kenny Florian (Pictures) in the main event of a UFC Fight Night card. He injured his knee in the match before succumbing to a rear-naked choke.

Prior to the Florian loss, Thomas was on a three-fight winning streak in the UFC.

Source:
http://sherdog.com/

Last edited 10/30/07 7:34PM server time by mitchell740
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   10/30/07 7:32:14PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
Hmm, thats interesting. I doubt he could get in that much trouble for it, most likely just fined.

Post #2   10/30/07 7:53:21PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
This news was already posted. Please read the news list before posting.

Post #3   10/30/07 8:40:02PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
let em post if he wants. i dont check the news forum anyways so thnx to him i found out. but i probably would have checked sherdog anyways. either way this is messed up. think maybe din had money troubles? Seems like its out of sum cheesy movie or csi type cop show.

Post #4   10/31/07 5:37:26AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Hmm, thats interesting. I doubt he could get in that much trouble for it, most likely just fined.

If you read it says he is faced with a felony. You will get fined for a misdemeanor, but a felony is serious trouble. Im sure he isnt just laughing it off.

Post #5   10/31/07 10:15:49AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by xAcidburNx

let em post if he wants. i dont check the news forum anyways so thnx to him i found out. but i probably would have checked sherdog anyways. either way this is messed up. think maybe din had money troubles? Seems like its out of sum cheesy movie or csi type cop show.

In response to your comment "let em post".... Here's what DoTheMMath (Mod) has to say:

Link

Post #6   10/31/07 10:47:28AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:

here is his mug shot

Post #7   10/31/07 4:20:55PM