Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Whats The Worst Decision In UFC/Pride

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

Ninja VS Rampage was bad even Rampage thought he lost

Yeah that had to be a very tough night for ninja.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8PWyOrw6rNg

Also i saw ricco vs big nog/ortiz vs griffin/bas vs randleman

those were all pretty bad decisions in my book as well

Post #31   10/30/07 8:33:49PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by xxMALICExx

I don't think anyones anywhere near perfected mma judging.

Definitely not. But do you ever think they will develop a new style of judging?

Hoping they will, I figure if mma keeps going on it current pace they will be forced to.

As some fighters, and commentators have stated. All professional sports started out just the way MMA is going right now. Different Leagues. Slightly different rules. Eventually, they all have to unionize. Remaining as separate leagues, but all adopting a standard set of rules and regulations. This making it easier for spectators to follow, rules to be followed, and most importantly, interleague fights. All of this will bring every fighter onto the same playing field(or ring). Some may think this to be a bad move for the sport. Some may think it will be good. I'm undecided right now, but I'm leaning towards good.

Post #32   10/30/07 8:36:07PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Bas and Randleman
Hammill and Bisping

These two stand out, but I haven't watched every Pride and UFC fight out there so take this with a grain of salt.

Post #33   10/30/07 9:06:19PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
a few people mentioned to me that Arona should have got the decision at pride shockwave in 2005 but I never saw that fight

has anyone ever seen that fight and if so do you agree that wanderlei should have got the nod?

Post #34   10/31/07 12:07:52AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Tito/Griffin wasn't the worst of all time because by UFCs stupid judging/rules (takedowns - even if you don't do anything with them - earn you points,) Tito won that fight. It was close, but I would say Tito won. By those rules. If the fight happened on the street I would say Griffin won because when Tito took Griffin down late in the third, Griffin was the one - from his back - landing the elbows. But the way the UFC judges fights, I don't see anyone ever winning a fight off their back, which is sad.

My vote goes to Rampage/Ninja.

Bas won from predominantly his back against Randleman, although it was pretty controversial at the time. I've seen a few people in this thread list that fight, and I disagree. Randleman was the epitome of LnP to me, but to each his own.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #35   10/31/07 2:44:39AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker
Bas won from predominantly his back against Randleman, although it was pretty controversial at the time. I've seen a few people in this thread list that fight, and I disagree. Randleman was the epitome of LnP to me, but to each his own.

well I partially agree with you

The 2nd half of the fight I would say bas rutten had some impressive strikes from the bottom. Then in the overtime matches i noticed that a lot of the strikes he threw were just for show and had no power to them.

I cant say that ruttens strikes were the only ones that looked bad late into the fight, does anyone remember those little baby hammer fists randleman threw right before the end of the 2nd disqualification round?

With that said I still think randleman had won that fight. Randleman had broke Bas's nose and cut him under both eyes causing the fight to be stopped several times to let Bas's cutman clean up the mess randleman had made.

Also though randleman did do a lot of lay and pray he still took the fight to the ground whenever he wanted even if it meant bas throwing arm punches from his back once it went there

Post #36   10/31/07 5:50:57AM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,397-1,758
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
Hamil-Bisping
Guida-Griffin
Griffin-Ortiz

I've seen a lot of people put Rutten-Randleman, if you were to ask me, I'd Bas Rutten won.

Last edited 10/31/07 7:20AM server time by Khaos
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #37   10/31/07 7:15:52AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,003
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by xxMALICExx

I don't think anyones anywhere near perfected mma judging.

Definitely not. But do you ever think they will develop a new style of judging?

Hoping they will, I figure if mma keeps going on it current pace they will be forced to.

I think that they will keep there judging system but it would be interresting to have 5 judges instead of 3.

this way, the very hard or close fight to judges would have a more legitimate result.

it is like in the law juging, in the normal court we have 1 judges, in the appeal court they are 5 i think and the case are normally more conplex to juges, and if we go higer, we have to supreme court and they are 9 judges.

so normally the more you are the betters and the more accurate is your judgement !!

Post #38   10/31/07 4:38:26PM   

payne8888

Learning to Sprawl

payne8888 Avatar

Career:67-48
Camp: UDIN
Chips:

Posted by liddel4prez

Randleman/Bas

x2. I'd like to know what the hell was going through the judges heads on that one. I watched the entire fight looking for a reason to give it to bas and he did absolutely nothing except land a handful of kicks and punches.

Post #39   10/31/07 6:03:12PM   

DNor

MMA Regular

DNor Avatar

Career:92-62
Chips:
Not worst, but some bad ones
Guy Mezger vs. Shoji in Pride 6
Guy Mezger vs. Arona in Pride 16
Vitor vs. Heath Herring in Pride 14

Post #40   11/3/07 8:54:46PM   

themmadigest

MMA Regular

themmadigest Avatar

Career:8-1
Chips:
Don't know if it's the worst ever, but the draw between Caol Uno and BJ Penn in their second fight was pretty off

Post #41   11/4/07 11:46:18AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Hammil vs Bisping
Vitor vs Ortiz

Post #42   11/4/07 12:42:14PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
HAMILL vs. BISPING, bisping was running away the whole entire
fight, Hamill was robbed, he should be fighting Rashad.

Post #43   11/4/07 2:34:42PM   

Crisis167

Learning to Sprawl

Career:686-478
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
i actually believe that the decision over Bisping's victory was proper... It wasn't a pretty win, and it definately wasn't a decisive win, but Bisping did what he needed to do in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to swing the judges. Remember it was only a split decision....

I think Hamill demolished Bisping the first round completely..... Bisping's face was totally messed up.... but Hamill didn't do enough to convincly take the latter rounds.... He was breathing hard he started getting sloppy and he was having troubles with the takedown.

i don't believe that Bisping totally controlled round 2 and 3, but i think he did just enough to sway the vote. Now for those who think that Hamill was downright robbed, I think Hamill is a great fighter... I was cheering for him, but I definately don't see in anyway that he pulled the win from this fight... At best Hamill should've pulled a draw but no more than that, Bisping's face didn't look pretty but Hamill didn't controll either of the last two rounds.

I think that the GSP vs Bj Penn fight... was judged in exactly the same way.
Bj wrecked George's face in the first round.... but Gsp did what he needed to do, just like Bisping in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to pull out the victory.

Post #44   11/5/07 11:26:08PM   

DieSlow

Learning to Sprawl

DieSlow Avatar

Career:879-550
Camp: /r/mma
Chips:
Bisping vs Hamill was by far the worst decision I have ever seen. Bar none.
I agree that the others mentioned were bad, no comparison to what Hamill got handed to him.

Post #45   11/7/07 5:58:57PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6