Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

New Era Files HUGE Lawsuit Against CSAC

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Literally...New Era Fighting has filed a lawsuit against the California State Athletic Commission seeking, among other things, $500 million over various claims and issues dating roughly 10 months back.

Article

Almost ludicrous, ridiculous, and so on. Not sure what other adjectives I can add.

Post #1   10/29/07 4:25:02PM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
The amount is pretty ludicrous, but I don't know the facts of the case so I'd hesitate to say whether the case itself is ridiculous or not.

Post #2   10/29/07 6:37:21PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
no matter what revenues they didnt make in that time. 500million is nowhere near what they would have made. I think its just stupid to start that high.

Post #3   10/30/07 9:02:49AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
Doesn't matter... I have no idea what they COULD have made... but then again no one could know what they could have made. Also, how much does it cost to carry a promoter's license? Maybe that's associated with what they are asking for. Maybe they are asking also for it to cover fighter's salaries as they obviously could not pay them for the event having earned no profit... maybe they can prove that they have lost the service of some "irreplaceable" fighters... and feel they need to be compensated for the loss they will experience by not being capable of promoting that particular fighter.

Who's to say why they are asking for that much, but without knowing it's hard to say that it's rediculous... personally I think it's awesome that they are filing suit if that's how the CSAC is treating some organizations...

Post #4   10/30/07 11:51:51AM