Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Diego vs Koscheck, what's your thoughts?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,103-684
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I'm looking forward to this fight. I think Kos is a better fighter than when he faced Diego on TUF. He is still a better wrestler and has gotten better in the other aspects of fighting. I still have to pick Diego but that may change by fight time.

Post #1   2/7/07 8:04:04PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I think Kos is going to surprise a lot of people in stomp Diego.

Kos is better than Diego at every aspect of the fight game, except for jiu jitsu. He has the better wrestling to dictate where the fight takes place, as well as better stand up. If Diego wants the fight on the ground, Kos will be the one on top, and he could either pull out his infamous lay'n'pray, or he could work for the stand up and beat Diego there. Either way I'm calling Kos 3rd round tko.

Post #2   2/7/07 8:07:55PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
i want KOS to win only because i want Diego to lose.....hes far too cocky.....on the other hand, i want Diego to win because i would love to see GSP stomp him. hmmmm

personal preferences aside, it should be a really good fight, and no need to hear about KOS and his blanket technique, diego is good enough on the ground to keep it moving there, so should be some nice transitioning and working for position and it shouldnt be dull. im probably looking forward to this fight more than any other in the next 3 months.

KOS by decision

Post #3   2/7/07 8:37:09PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Diego is confident..not cocky....Koscheck is much cockier IMO

Diego is a good guy at heart and very respectful...at least in my eyes

cocky = Joe Riggs...talks the part but cant back it up..

Post #4   2/7/07 11:39:09PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
diego thinks hes the uncrowned champion, and has thought that since TUF. thats cocky.

Post #5   2/7/07 11:50:28PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

diego thinks hes the uncrowned champion, and has thought that since TUF. thats cocky.

Diego thinks? or you think Diego thinks?

Cocky would be him calling out GSP asap

Post #6   2/7/07 11:54:19PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
he has said it in interviews, its been quoted everywhere. he seems to have toned it down a bit lately, although now is when he deserves to be cocky...good record in a good division, even if he hasnt fought the cream yet.

Post #7   2/7/07 11:59:03PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Sanchez and Koscheck are both cocky.

Koscheck said in his post interview (after he laid n' prayed again Joslin) that he beat 2 Canadians already, so they might as well give him St. Pierre so he can beat a third.

At least Sanchez has the right to be somewhat cocky, he has improved immensely and is still undefeated.

Post #8   2/8/07 12:11:31AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

he has said it in interviews, its been quoted everywhere. he seems to have toned it down a bit lately, although now is when he deserves to be cocky...good record in a good division, even if he hasnt fought the cream yet.

He hasnt fought the cream yet?

Nick Diaz..Karo Parisyan..Joe Riggs not good enough for you?

Last edited 2/8/07 12:16AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: spelling

Post #9   2/8/07 12:13:56AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Kos is better than Diego at every aspect of the fight game, except for jiu jitsu. He has the better wrestling to dictate where the fight takes place, as well as better stand up. If Diego wants the fight on the ground, Kos will be the one on top, and he could either pull out his infamous lay'n'pray, or he could work for the stand up and beat Diego there. Either way I'm calling Kos 3rd round tko.

I know this is just your opinion, but i'm gonna have to totally disagree with you on this.

Can you really say that Kos is better in any aspect of mma than Diego? I agree that they do match up pretty evenly in some areas, but Kos has no proven to be better. Simply put, Diego has fought higher quality opponents and defeated higher quality opponents than Kos. As far as the rankings go, which aren't always that accurate, they would confirm this. So for Kos or anyone else to say that he is better, would be inaccurate and they would have no valid points to back up the claim.

I'm not saying that Kos isn't just as good or doesn't have a shot, i'm just saying he hasn't had the chance to prove he can compete with the same level of athletes as Diego and he will definatly be the underdog going in. It will be considered an upset if he pulls off a victory.

IMO, Diego has looked more impressive in his fights, therefore i'm gonna have to take him by a clear and well fought unanimous decision. I think they match up pretty evenly on the ground, so I don't see either of them being able to end it down there, and I don't see either of them getting caught with a knock out punch. Should be exciting though and I can wait to see how it pans out.

Post #10   2/8/07 12:23:42AM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,103-684
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by MMA

Sanchez and Koscheck are both cocky.

Koscheck said in his post interview (after he laid n' prayed again Joslin) that he beat 2 Canadians already, so they might as well give him St. Pierre so he can beat a third.

At least Sanchez has the right to be somewhat cocky, he has improved immensely and is still undefeated.

GSP will kill both of these guys.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #11   2/8/07 10:45:39AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by jmoooooo

He hasnt fought the cream yet?

Nick Diaz..Karo Parisyan..Joe Riggs not good enough for you?

good fighters, hardly the cream.

Joe Riggs...his only notable win in this weight class since 2004 is Nick Diaz....first round losses to Ivan Salaverry, Matt Hughes, Mike Swick...in that same period...wins over jason von flue and chris lytle? hardly sounds like a top fighter.....his consistency is very bad

Nick Diaz he went to a decision with, and Diaz has lost to both karo and riggs in the last few years, and while he was being considered for a title shot in the UFC at one point...is hardly near the top now....(although hes gone anyway)

Karo is the only 1 of the 3 i would say is close to the top of the division in skill/experience...and it was again a decision victory and a close fight.

im not trying to take anything away from diego, but his decisive wins have been against second rate competition, guys fighting out of their weight class (florian), and a pile of decisions...can he beat top guys, sure, has he yet? nope.

Diego since 2004
Win Joe Riggs KO (Knee)
Win Karo Parisyan Decision (Unanimous)
Win John Alessio Decision (Unanimous)
Win Nick Diaz Decision (Unanimous)
Win Brian Gassaway Submission (Strikes)
Win Kenny Florian TKO (Strikes)
Win Jorge Santiago Decision (Unanimous)
Win Ray Elbe Submission (Strikes)
Win Travis Beachler TKO
Win Cruz Chacon Submission

GSP since 2004

Win Matt Hughes TKO (Strikes)
Win B.J. Penn Decision (Split)
Win Sean Sherk TKO (Strikes) 3
Win Frank Trigg Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
Win Jason Miller Decision (Unanimous)
Win Dave Strasser Submission (Kimura)
Loss Matt Hughes Submission (Armbar)
Win Jay Hieron TKO (Punches) UFC 48-Payback 6/19/2004 1 1:42
Win Karo Parisyan Decision (Unanimous) (UFC debut)

Matt Hughes since 2004

Loss Georges St. Pierre TKO (Strikes)
Win B.J. Penn TKO (Strikes)
Win Royce Gracie TKO (Strikes)
Win Joe Riggs Submission (Kimura)
Win Frank Trigg Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
Win Georges St. Pierre Submission (Armbar)
Win Renato Verissimo Decision (Unanimous)
Loss B.J. Penn Submission (Rear Naked Choke)

Different caliber of fighters that each have faced. Im not saying he cant hang with them, but the UFC has thrown him a lot of gimmies, and a few guys more on his level. They are protecting him, building him up with his undefeated record. With his record and performance he should have already fought a matt/bj/GSP. He just hasnt yet, and his record is bloated because of it.

Post #12   2/8/07 11:26:35AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

I disagree. I think Diego is a better striker. He also has a lot more MMA experience.

It would be very easy for Kos to LnP out a decision. He should be able to control Diego if he keeps his body weight on him. But I think as soon as Kos postures up to do any damage, Diego will slip away and take his back.

I think Diego wins by submission in the 2nd round.

Post #13   2/8/07 1:11:01PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
Diegos striking is very suspect. his big knockout victory was the knee against riggs, and that fight was still very early so we didnt get to see much. Im not saying it isnt better than koschecks, but i dont think its very good overall anyway. And i dont think his striking will stop koscheck from taking it to the ground.

Post #14   2/8/07 5:38:20PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
Kos is the lesser of 2 evils IMO. I also happen to think he's improved more all around since their 1st fight.

Post #15   2/8/07 5:47:13PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3