Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wanderlei Comments On Return To UFC

Print  
Who Wins
Chuck Liddell 24 44%
Wanderlei Silva 29 54%
It ends in a draw 1 2%
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Now relocated to the U.S., Silva has started training in Florida as well as at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas to get him ready for his turn to the UFC against Liddell.

“I’m training hard, I only fight to win,” Silva stated. “I want to come back to the top and fighting with Chuck now is the best moment for me.”

Many have questioned Silva’s stamina in the sport after so many hard fought battles while competing in Pride, but the Brazilian is quick to point out the best is yet to come.

“In the next 2 years, I will give you the best of my career,” Silva said.

While his focus is now solely based on Chuck Liddell, many fans are quick to notice that Silva has two dominant victories over current UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, but the former Pride champion has his priorities well in line.

“For me this is the opportunity to come back to the top. First, I’m going to knock out Chuck and after I want the belt.”

click here for full article

Last edited 10/29/07 5:44PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/29/07 9:26:02AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I hope he can keep going. He's had sooo many amazing battles I hope he can still fight at the top level, and while I think he can, I hope to see the exciting Wand that we all know.

Post #2   10/29/07 10:41:36AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,021
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
i think he did the good choice to go training at xtreme couture !!
he will arrive in the octogon much more prepare to fight in a cage than any of the others prides fighter who were beated in the last years !!

not sure if i will pick him but i have to consider his new training camp as a good point for him !!

Post #3   10/29/07 11:32:49AM   

Fixed92

Learning to Sprawl

Career:45-37
Chips:
wandy should be able to get by chuck in the first round with a knockout. i highly doubt that will earn him a title fight tho. not that rampage is that hard to beat if you can get your hands on the back of his head. shogun should not of took the fight with griffin when he knew he wasnt ready to fight. but i really cant see anyone being able to keep shogun from getting the belt.

rashad vs bisping is one of the worst headliners for the ufc. i cant think of a worse main event with lhw's that i can recall. rashad should be able to get by bisping with out much problem and i see it being a 3 round war with bisping slowing way down at the end of the 2nd. i like bisping better but he hasnt looked as good as he did before he got to the ufc. the fact that dana said the winner will be ranked top 5 makes no sense no me. who is in danas top 5? i have a feeling that wandy, shogun, and henderson are not in his mind, most likely its rampage, griffin, jardine, alexander and then chuck in his crazy world.

maybe im stuck in the past and these tuf'ers are all that good but i think they all look like B level fighters. some of them might be future A level fighters but i doubt it.

Post #4   10/29/07 1:28:32PM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
Jesus, please keep these guys healthy through out thier training! U know they are both training thier butts off for this. All i hope is that both look impressive and neither look totally dominate, because i want this to be the war ive always imagined! BUT its not up to me, Chuck better get his mind right, Wandy always brings his best!

Post #5   10/29/07 1:49:16PM   

natedogstyles

Learning to Sprawl

natedogstyles Avatar

Career:21-25
Camp: Knockout Fight Gear
Chips:
This is the most anticipated fight in a long time. I hope it lives up to expectations. I think Silva will win.
www.theathletesite.com

Post #6   10/29/07 2:52:42PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
This will probably be a short and painfull night for Chuck......

Post #7   10/29/07 2:53:45PM   

chokesetterjake

MMA Regular

chokesetterjake Avatar

Career:1,757-1,109
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
silva has the ring down with a ref getting in the way all the time. its a tough one to call, chuck has the right style to beat silva. step away and strike

Post #8   10/29/07 2:57:28PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
Im all for the axe man taking this one. he put up a wicked fight with dan henderson when he was sposed to be a little shaky after the LHK KO from cro cop . now hes had a chance to clear his head get reoriented. did the right thing and went and trained in a cage with one of the best cage tacticions ever (randy couture) and not to mention shawn tompkins is awesom. doing a remarkable job with the anacondas.
where as chuck has looked sloppy in his last 4 fights imo. but with such a motivation as wandy. the long awaited fight of his career. sumtimes thats all it takes. im gonna try and find a ton of recent training videos from both camps. maybe get sum better insight.

Post #9   10/29/07 5:14:15PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Love his interviews and comments,always respectful and caring about the fans. Pure class Wand.

Post #10   10/29/07 5:18:00PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
dont care if their both comin off two loses still gonna settle so much talk/hype but i got wand via KO/TKO in the 2nd

Post #11   10/29/07 6:37:06PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
This is a very tough one to call because even though I think wanderlei will win i am not 100% sure

he lost to tito ortiz and vitor belfort in ufc and his only win came off a nobody

Post #12   10/30/07 12:38:39AM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I usually dont leave statements without some insight....but Chuck is going to whoop his ass!! Ahh hell as long as its a crazy good fight it will be good, but I'm goin with Chuck on this one.

Post #13   10/30/07 12:48:35AM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
the fights he had over 5 years ago in the ufc dont really matter. hes obviousely not the same fighter and when he lost to tito. tito was regarded as the best and most feared fighter at the time. plus he was so used to fightin in a ring that a good wrestler such as tito would have a hay day with him in the cage. but this time you can tell wand is gonna be completely prepared for a cage fight and chuck is well used to the cage anyways. plus neither of em are likely to use the cage anyways. plus vitor belfort was the shit back then too. the two losses arent a factor because both guys are off 2 losses. only difference is chuck looked really sloppy in past couple fights an wand lost to 2 of the worlds top contendors 1 being in a heavier weight class. even though wand came in heavier in that fight its not like he was used to it.

Post #14   10/30/07 2:05:00AM