Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Weighty Matters

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Weight cutting is 10% of determining a fight's outcome, according to fighters. Based on their records, Sherdog came up with a list of fighters who might be best served by losing more weight than they are cutting now, or by even piling on more.

Article

Most of these we probably agree with, but a couple are still a little surprising to consider.

Post #1   10/29/07 9:11:54AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Cro Cop
I'll admit, I'm pretty upset that I didn't come up with this idea myself. In fact, I've never even thought about it before. Cro Cop would be devastating at 205, and I'd love to see him face a number of guys: Rampage, Hondo, Rua, Forrest, Chuck (maybe at heavy, though). This is the best one on there.

Ken Shamrock
I'll admit, I don't think about him fighting much anymore, but I think he could hang at heavyweight. Like they said, he is too slow for LHW, but he'd fit right in at HVY. It could even be like a Randy Couture rebirthing.

Elvis Sinosic
While they love to use him as proving grounds for up and coming 205 fighters, I think he'd be better served at 185. I'd love to see him fight Kendall Grove. Maybe see if Grove can use something else when he doesn't have so much of a height advantage.

Chuck Liddell
I've always thought that he has heavyweight power, and I'd like to see him prove it. I know he was talking about moving up and facing guys like Cro Cop and Fedor before he lost to Rampage, but I think he could still do that. Guys I'd like to see him face: Sylvia, Big Nog, Kongo, Lesnar.

Brandon Vera
I agree that he's too technical to be a heavyweight, but I don't think there's a spot for him at 205. There are just so many guys there, I'd be surprised if he could crack the top ten within a year.

Post #2   10/29/07 9:23:08AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
butterbean weighs 407 lbs? someone needs to introduce that guy to some fruit and vegetables

Post #3   10/29/07 9:28:28AM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
I would agree with Vera and CC dropping down to 205, I think they both could be in the top 5 if not higher.

Post #4   10/29/07 10:24:54AM   

Lethal

MMA Regular

Lethal Avatar

Career:165-104
Camp: Team Mafia
Chips:

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

butterbean weighs 407 lbs? someone needs to introduce that guy to some fruit and vegetables

hahahaha

Post #5   10/29/07 2:54:11PM   

natedogstyles

Learning to Sprawl

natedogstyles Avatar

Career:21-25
Camp: Knockout Fight Gear
Chips:
I strongly agree that Vera should drop a weight class, he be scary good at 205 and I don't think the cutting would be much of a stretch for him.
www.theathletesite.com

Post #6   10/29/07 2:54:56PM