Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Banking on Brock Lesnar’s Success

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
i'll briefly describe why i dislike pro wrestling

They call it pro-wrestling, meaning professional wrestling. If olympic class wrestlers were to start getting paid to wrestle on a national circuit for televised events.. what would they call it?
The doode banging the owners daughter kept the belt how long?
How many over the hill wrestlers have entered the ring only to limit the moves available to the opposing wrestler?
How many useless segments have been put in involving the Mcmahon family?
How many times have deserving wrestlers and fan favourites been denied their opprotunities, recognition, or titles due to company politics?
How many of the wrestlers arent on roids?
How many drug related crimes, injuries and deaths have their been?

I could go on and on. The truth is that i used to watch wrestling back in like grade 8/9.. in the days of steve austin, the rock, and mankind.. i was genuinely entertained by the stuff they did, and the showmanship they had. Since then.. its boring, and the more i'm reminded that they're pretending, the more i wish i was watching mma.

Post #16   10/26/07 10:44:06PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Brock better be the real deal. It would be an insult to the fans and the fighters if he's not.

There's at least one mma fight video on the internet of Brock doing a great job. I think it was his inaugural mma fight and he looked good.

Post #17   10/27/07 2:41:14PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
Brock Lesnar is a good prospect for the UFC, but i dont know think that wrestling fans are gonna pay 40 dollars just to watch him fight at this moment... maybe after a couple of fights, that could happen.

Post #18   10/29/07 3:28:13AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2