Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

could tim last 2 rounds with fedor

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

gimp1967

Learning to Sprawl

gimp1967 Avatar

Career:103-68
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
I don't think Tim would last with Fedor, but then again, there's not a fighter in UFC that could beat Fedor (IMO)

Post #16   2/7/07 9:46:19PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I think he could "sprawl and stall" his way though at least one UFC round. Under PRIDE's 10 min round one, I think he'd go down.

I'm as big a Tim hater as any, but he's got to be the most underrated top 10 fighter in the world.

1 chance in 10, he could beat Fedor. and that's if it went the distance.

Post #17   2/7/07 11:02:19PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
after seeing Herring dominated by O'Brien it kinda made Prides HW division seem not as strong as i thought

Post #18   2/7/07 11:43:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by zephead

I don't know. Did anybody think that Fujita was going to rock Fedor? Did anybody think that The Monster ws going to KO Cro-Cop? That's why they fight. We have no idea what's going to happen. We like to think that so and so is going to win. Sylvia is 6'8" but he ain't no Zulu. I could so him giving Fedor some trouble.

Agreed, Sylvia is stiil a good( just cautios ) fighter. We never know who beats who till it actually happens. That being said, I think Fedor wins 9 out of 10. Fedor wins By GnP IMO, especially if it's in a cage. I'd take fedor in the 3rd. Good point about 10 minute first round under pride rules, but I have to beleive he would train accordingly as soon as he knew the rules he'd be fighting under. Either way, I think Fedor by 3rd round GnP, but would have a better chance to lose by decision under pride rules. Constant restarts while Fedor was pounding him in the ropes, and the 3 round sytem would be to his advantage in at least survivng the beating.

Last edited 2/8/07 1:49AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #19   2/8/07 1:44:44AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I think Tim can hang for awhile against Fedor. But realistically how many people in the world can hang with Fedor? But if Fedor does take Tim to the ground and stays in Tim's guard, Tim is big enough to strike from the ground that can cause some hurt to Fedor. And that's a big advantage for Tim because Fedor has never fought anyone who is as big as Tim that is mobile. I would think Fedor would end the fight by submission some how, but then again Tim ground game could be good enough to over come some of it. I think Tim could hang.

Last edited 2/8/07 2:00AM server time by aceprone

Post #20   2/8/07 1:58:44AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by aceprone

I think Tim can hang for awhile against Fedor. But realistically how many people in the world can hang with Fedor? But if Fedor does take Tim to the ground and stays in Tim's guard, Tim is big enough to strike from the ground that can cause some hurt to Fedor. And that's a big advantage for Tim because Fedor has never fought anyone who is as big as Tim that is mobile. I would think Fedor would end the fight by submission some how, but then again Tim ground game could be good enough to over come some of it. I think Tim could hang.

Fedor is overrated...he is great,but i hate all those "Fedor is GOD" people....if he were that good he would come out a fights unharmed...there are too many holes in his game..the only true competition Fedor has had is CroCop and Mark Hunt, and they both gave him a beating...the only thing wrong with that is they are both natural kickboxers so Fedor has a huge advantage if it goes down..but with tim he can hold his own in the ground and has good boxing skill...and now that CroCop is in the mix im sure he is learning to kick

its topics like this that really makes me wish UFC really buys Pride...I NEED THESE QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!!

Last edited 2/8/07 3:50AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder

Post #21   2/8/07 3:49:14AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Fedor is overrated...he is great,but i hate all those "Fedor is GOD" people....if he were that good he would come out a fights unharmed...

Hes come out of plenty of fights without a scratch on him, but thats besides the point.

I'm sure Tim would be able to hit him, and he could probably make it out of the first round if he fought smart. Fedor is an extremely smart fighter and is only agressive when it'll serve a purpose, like when he smoked Zulu or Ogawa, so if time fought smart in the first, I'm sure he'd be fine. Eventually he'd slip up though and that would be the end.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #22   2/8/07 4:02:40AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
I think Fedor is a much better fighter than Tim silvia, but Tim Silvia is an one of the most underrated fighters out there........its too easy to say "he wont last two minutes".........I personally believe Fedor would take the fight down, and pound the crap out if silvia........but you never know what could happen in an mma fight.

In my opinion, mma fans don’t give Silvia enough respect.....Aleksander Emelianenko, Mark Hunt & Sergei Kharitonov are all shown more respect than Silvia.......and he (in my opinion) is as good as (if not better) than them.

Post #23   2/8/07 4:10:51AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Fedor is overrated...he is great,but i hate all those "Fedor is GOD" people....if he were that good he would come out a fights unharmed...

Hes come out of plenty of fights without a scratch on him, but thats besides the point.

I'm sure Tim would be able to hit him, and he could probably make it out of the first round if he fought smart. Fedor is an extremely smart fighter and is only agressive when it'll serve a purpose, like when he smoked Zulu or Ogawa, so if time fought smart in the first, I'm sure he'd be fine. Eventually he'd slip up though and that would be the end.

"eventually tim will slip up and that would be the end"

why cant it be Fedor who slips up like when Fujita and CroCop rocked him?

Zulu + Ogawa < Tim Sylvia

Post #24   2/8/07 4:15:58AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
It could very well be Fedor, but I don't see it happening.

How many fights has Fedor lost because he got careless? None.

How many has Tim lost because he got careless? He got his arm busted in half by Mir for foolishly bullrushing into Mirs guard and he lost to Arlovski when he got counter-punched and ankle locked.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #25   2/8/07 4:22:14AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
yeah..and we all know Mir and Arlovski are nobody right

Post #26   2/8/07 4:28:38AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

yeah..and we all know Mir and Arlovski are nobody right

No they're not. MIr was a stud before the injury, and Arlovski still is IMO. I still think Fedor beats him down though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #27   2/8/07 5:39:59AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Man even i could last 2 rounds wiht fedor. Well if he sat across the ring a simply smiled at me. Like thats gonna happen. Bottom line is until we See Fedor fight Tim we dont know. Tim has good striking and reach. He proved he could avoid a shorter grappler in moson. But Fedor is Fedor. No doubt Fedor has beat far better competiton. But Tim is no joke (well may be he is a joke now but he is a good fighter) So this would be a good fight.

Post #28   2/8/07 8:18:51AM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
So just to make sure I understand this correctly. Tim wouldn't last 2 rounds let alone 2 minutes with a guy that couldn't contain all 5'11 of TK? Fedor makes his name on people being scared of him and I promise you that Tim isn't scared. Tim called Fedor out before and probably will again.

Post #29   2/8/07 4:24:35PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by tberg420

So just to make sure I understand this correctly. Tim wouldn't last 2 rounds let alone 2 minutes with a guy that couldn't contain all 5'11 of TK?

Wait... What? Do you mean Kohsaka? Fedor pounded him into Jell-o!

Fedor makes his name on people being scared of him[...]

Have you actually watched the guy's fights?

and I promise you that Tim isn't scared.

I wouldn't expect him to be. I also don't think Sylvia would last two rounds with Fedor in PRIDE. He might in the UFC.

Last edited 2/8/07 4:52PM server time by AchillesHeel
3 total post edits

Post #30   2/8/07 4:50:45PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3