Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Says "Fedor Sucks" & Isn't Top 5 Heavyweight

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by nubby

NEXT, we have Big Nog who is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time. He went up against fellow Pride fighter Heath Herring where he put on a terrible performance by being destroyed by a head kick then out of a moment of pity Herring decided not to continue to fight against nog and just let him recover for the remainder of the fight. Nog did in fact get the W but he's no winner in my book for that asstastic performance. NEXT!!!!!

Dude, who cares? Big Nog already destroyed this guy twice. If anything GIVE PROPS TO HERRING!!! For not getting dominated again. He leanred from his mistakes and got better. Just not good enough to beat Nog. Dont put down Nog just becuase somebody he already beat twice learned alittle sub defense..

Nog is going to be HW champ for a long time...

Nog was hurt badly in his last fight but he show alot of heart by beeing able to comeback in the second round and win the fight, even if he were still stunt at the end of the fight.

so, i also believe that he will be the champ soon

Post #46   10/26/07 11:19:02PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Vitor Belfort: Beat Randy, did well in pride for a bit, then after beating randy in :49 seconds and losing to him, he wen't on his way back to pride, losing to Overeem and Henderosn but beat a stout Yoshiki Takahashi?

Quinton Rampage Jackson: Did well in pride, losing to Sakuraba, and being demolished by the top two LHW's in Pride(deemed by you to be B competition), he dominated the UFC's poster boy twice, in both venues.

Kevin Randleman: UFC HW champ, wen't on over to pride and he did wonderful 4-6 losing to a few of the people you've deemed to not be good enough for the UFC.

Ricco Rodriguez: 5-2 in the UFC, former UFC HW champ dominating Randy, did very well in pride(compared to the others) wen't 3-1, losing to...you guessed it a guy you deemed not very good.

Don Frye: Only lost one fight in the UFC, and won two tournaments wen't 3-4 in pride, with no noteable wins.

Mark Coleman: Won 2 tournaments and the UFC HW championship, wow he won one tournament in pride, and got rolled by all of pride "bad" top competition.

Chuck Liddell: Ahh the UFC's poster boy and "best" LHW in the world, wen't to Pride to show the UFC's dominance by beating Wanderlei Silva...something funny happend though, he got destroyed by some guy name Rampage...who then got dominated by Silva.

Ken Shamrock: The man who started it all in the UFC, a legend to the UFC, pride...not so much wen't 1-3

Dan Severn: a UFC HOF, had one fight in Pride a draw, he wasn't deemed good enough to be asked back.

Man there are soooo many more fighters who wen't the other way and had no where near the success they had in the UFC. This is a rediculous argument, and I really don't want to be apart of it. Saying Fedor sucks is soooo dumb, you don't go 27-1 if you suck. I was watching an interview with Josh Barnett today from just after the OWGP, and he said he's been asked to join the UFC, he said no because Pride has the best fighters and there's no point to go there. If we had this conversation last year at this time you would agree with me. You take a striker who's been in a ring his whole life put him in a cage and expect him to be the same? Not to mention his intensity is nooooo where near where it was(watch his GnP against Herring and others then watch how he throws against Kongo and Sanchez). Also Nakamura has lost to every notable he's faced but Lil nog. The Pride "star" your refering to in Werdum, beat GG via strikes(), overeem, and Aleks....Hardly the resume of a "star". Shogun gassed, plain and simple he gassed, he lost, he fought poorly, now he's no good? You take away everything he did because he gassed? Bj gasses alot and loses, then you guys rate him in the top 10 P4P? Little bit rediculous, oh and with the recent steroid allegations implicating Randy, you shoulden't dismiss his loss to Josh, he'd beat him again. Oh and I wasn't even on this Website until after Cro Cop lost to GG...so I dunno who the hell your talking about.

LOL again, you got anything recent to contribute to this conversation or are you going to keep talking about fights that have no relevance to today? LIVING IN THE PAST.

Post #47   10/26/07 11:51:24PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Vitor Belfort: Beat Randy, did well in pride for a bit, then after beating randy in :49 seconds and losing to him, he wen't on his way back to pride, losing to Overeem and Henderosn but beat a stout Yoshiki Takahashi?

Quinton Rampage Jackson: Did well in pride, losing to Sakuraba, and being demolished by the top two LHW's in Pride(deemed by you to be B competition), he dominated the UFC's poster boy twice, in both venues.

Kevin Randleman: UFC HW champ, wen't on over to pride and he did wonderful 4-6 losing to a few of the people you've deemed to not be good enough for the UFC.

Ricco Rodriguez: 5-2 in the UFC, former UFC HW champ dominating Randy, did very well in pride(compared to the others) wen't 3-1, losing to...you guessed it a guy you deemed not very good.

Don Frye: Only lost one fight in the UFC, and won two tournaments wen't 3-4 in pride, with no noteable wins.

Mark Coleman: Won 2 tournaments and the UFC HW championship, wow he won one tournament in pride, and got rolled by all of pride "bad" top competition.

Chuck Liddell: Ahh the UFC's poster boy and "best" LHW in the world, wen't to Pride to show the UFC's dominance by beating Wanderlei Silva...something funny happend though, he got destroyed by some guy name Rampage...who then got dominated by Silva.

Ken Shamrock: The man who started it all in the UFC, a legend to the UFC, pride...not so much wen't 1-3

Dan Severn: a UFC HOF, had one fight in Pride a draw, he wasn't deemed good enough to be asked back.

Man there are soooo many more fighters who wen't the other way and had no where near the success they had in the UFC. This is a rediculous argument, and I really don't want to be apart of it. Saying Fedor sucks is soooo dumb, you don't go 27-1 if you suck. I was watching an interview with Josh Barnett today from just after the OWGP, and he said he's been asked to join the UFC, he said no because Pride has the best fighters and there's no point to go there. If we had this conversation last year at this time you would agree with me. You take a striker who's been in a ring his whole life put him in a cage and expect him to be the same? Not to mention his intensity is nooooo where near where it was(watch his GnP against Herring and others then watch how he throws against Kongo and Sanchez). Also Nakamura has lost to every notable he's faced but Lil nog. The Pride "star" your refering to in Werdum, beat GG via strikes(), overeem, and Aleks....Hardly the resume of a "star". Shogun gassed, plain and simple he gassed, he lost, he fought poorly, now he's no good? You take away everything he did because he gassed? Bj gasses alot and loses, then you guys rate him in the top 10 P4P? Little bit rediculous, oh and with the recent steroid allegations implicating Randy, you shoulden't dismiss his loss to Josh, he'd beat him again. Oh and I wasn't even on this Website until after Cro Cop lost to GG...so I dunno who the hell your talking about.

LOL again, you got anything recent to contribute to this conversation or are you going to keep talking about fights that have no relevance to today? LIVING IN THE PAST.

So baisically what your saying is, when pride was acctually running it was better? If you admit that then i'll admit now the UFC is better then Pride, now.

Post #48   10/27/07 1:39:49AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
So here we are back to this "Sherdog" madness. When will you guys stop with this?

Last edited 10/27/07 8:30AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #49   10/27/07 8:24:25AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
thanks for ruining the mixed martial arts version of rocky 4 dana.

Post #50   10/27/07 8:25:23AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

It's not living in the past, those are just facts. When you want to compare fighters and they have never fought then you have to go to the "PAST" and do the MMA Math which sucks but it's your only tool unless they fight.

Everybody says that anything can happen at any moment in mma, and what?? some Pride fighters go to the UFC and lost their first match .... so that's enough to say all of them are doing bad and that UFC is better and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ..... maybe it was that random chance to get their loss.... do some statistics and report the p-values so you can see.....
I'll say that Pride Fighters are doing bad in UFC when I see multiple losses, by now, it's just Crocop ....

The Chuck argument..... Chuck went 2-1 in Pride... so hi did good..= 3 fights
on the other hand Shogun is 0-1 in UFC .... but he sucks = 1 fight
Does it makes sense???

When talking about the "PAST" see Fighters Profile and not Organization Boundaries ......

I agree with the Randy really old losses.... but who he had fought recently? ... he has more than one rematch (so does Liddell) and recently l... Gonzaga and Sylvia .... hmmmm i dont think that enough to say he can beat Fedor, why he doesn't stay and fight Nog ?? whom _IMO_ is #2 in HW ....
Being old and beating young kids doesn't make you the top guy.

Fedor > Nog > The entire UFC HW Division

Last edited 10/27/07 1:13PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: My English Sucks
2 total post edits

Post #51   10/27/07 1:09:41PM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
I don't think fedor really sucks but he does need to step up his competition and fight a challenging well rounded fighter like arlovski or gabe gonzaga....Randy would beat the piss out of Fedor and i have no doubt about that. Randy deserves all the money he wants. He's a huge attraction and a great great fighter.

Post #52   10/27/07 2:06:27PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

So here we are back to this "Sherdog" madness. When will you guys stop with this?

I'd like to see more respect from nubby and others is all.

Post #53   10/27/07 2:21:19PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Who's the one that started slinging personal insults? That would be you. You'll get respect from me when you deserve it.

Post #54   10/27/07 3:39:56PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Who's the one that started slinging personal insults? That would be you. You'll get respect from me when you deserve it.

Not talking about me talking about respecting fighters. I don't care if someone on the internet respects me lol.

Post #55   10/27/07 3:43:04PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,263-790
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I agree with Dana.

Post #56   10/27/07 3:52:10PM   

yanks1523

Learning to Sprawl

yanks1523 Avatar

Career:293-182
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
right on man you cannot argue your facts. but im sure someone will talking about a fight that happened years ago

Post #57   10/27/07 3:55:02PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Not talking about me talking about respecting fighters. I don't care if someone on the internet respects me lol.

By always coming back with excuses and reason to defend your favorite fighters, you are simply disrespecting the ufc fighters who have destroyed your heros !!

you don't give any credit to GG or Kongo to have completely destroyed cro cop and you are not giving any credit to Forrest to have been able to make you Shogun taped !!! HE TAPED MAN !!!

you are always bringing back the old fight of many years ago when they were at there best and you are simply forgetting there 2007 fights when they were humiliated !!!

so, for the respect of fighter man, you are at the bottom of the pile !!!

Post #58   10/27/07 3:55:09PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
How? You guys who are saying pride fighters suck are completly demeaning their accomplishments! GG beat Cro Cop, Kongo beat Cro Cop. Wow, you mean to tell me that a fighter loses? No way! You mean to tell me that a fighter has set backs? No way! You guys who are busting these guys who come over and lose in there first couple fights(with new rules and a new venue) when it happend the exact same way to 95% of the guys who wen't to pride! You guys are dumping on Cro Cop because he's lost, yet you throw randy on your shoulders for being the best fighter ever, he's lost a lot of fights 1 for every 2 that he's won acctually, the guy retired because he was getting his ass kicked, he left the HW div because he was getting his ass kicked! Now he's the best. Who can you say proved they were better the Fedor head to head? No one, he lost once by illegal cut, and demolished him in a rematch. Saying because pride guys aren't doing good it means they all suck is like saying the CFL has better football players then the NFL because Ricky, Onterrio and other's who had success came here and didn't do well. I'm from Canada and I don't believe that for a second but according to your guy's logic thats 100% true, I mean Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, and Doug Flutie did well there and Ricky, Onterrio, Akili and those guys either didn't do well or got cut so the NFL must be a lesser league right? Shogun had an injury and it showed, Cro Cop's been weird and it's shown, if you knew anything about them you would know they looked NOTHING like the did in Pride, just like a bunch of the guys that wen't to Pride from the UFC that you could tell weren't the same, I take nothing away from their accomplishments in the UFC, Ken's a legend, Ricco was awsome, ect ect ect. I was just showing you that it's a two way street buddy. If you guys want to say Fedor sucks because he dodged "real" competition then tell me why Randy didn't accept 3mill to fight Fedor which was the fight Bodog wanted when they had to fall back on Lindland? Randy's the only one who "dodged" when it came to him vs. Fedor. This is all I have to say on this rediculous topic.

Post #59   10/27/07 4:10:55PM   

murdoc

Learning to Sprawl

murdoc Avatar

Career:1,156-809
Chips:
Fedor is ok Fighting 185ers and now munson? c-mon dana whites says you suck in mma. THEN YOU SUCK PERIOD. he had more money put on the table then any mma fighter and he turned it down because he is scared to step in the octagon. you dont hear boos in pride. He needt to step the f--k up.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 10/27/07 7:01PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Fighter Bashing

Post #60   10/27/07 4:33:10PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5