Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White Says "Fedor Sucks" & Isn't Top 5 Heavyweight

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

i say kudos dana i mean cro cop and rua were supposed to be 2 of the best also and they arent top 5 in the ufc i think pride was a fluke cause they all come to the ufc and dont impress even the couple who have won havent impressed. the only one who was worth the hype was rampage but that is about the only 1

Hey what happend to rampage against the guys in pride? He did well hey. How did Cro Cop do against the guys who kicked randy's ass? Pretty well. How did all the guys who were former UFC champs do in Pride? Pretty bad. Educate yourself before you make comments like this.

LOL you're funny. How did rampage do? I think he did pretty well.

Even funnier you always like to bring up Barnetts roided up win against Randy like anyone gives a shit about that fight. You know why no one counts that fight? BECAUSE BARNETT WAS ON ROIDS. Give it up man, Pride fighters at whole have failed to impress in the UFC. You can cry about it all you want but it doesn't change reality.

Lol How did Ricco do in Pride? Ricco beat randys ass to(didn't test positive), how'd Overeem do?0-3 in pride, but again choked Randy out in under a minuet, how'd Inoue do? 1-4, subbed randy in under 2. I could keep going and list how the guys who wen't to pride did, but you know how chuck did, you know how rampage did there, you know all of this, your just to ignorant to admit it....

Post #31   10/26/07 9:34:50PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
WTF are you talking about? Gimme 2 reasons why he isn't a Pride fighter?He had 6 fights in Pride and that more then somke Pride fighters some you guys consider to be "Pride fighters". The rest of his fights are UFC fights, 2 Cage Rage fights and the rest look like lower class Brazil organizations....He's had more Pride fights then any other big company he's been in. Gimme two reasons?

Post #32   10/26/07 9:36:17PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WTF are you talking about? Gimme 2 reasons why he isn't a Pride fighter?He had 6 fights in Pride and that more then somke Pride fighters some you guys consider to be "Pride fighters". The rest of his fights are UFC fights, 2 Cage Rage fights and the rest look like lower class Brazil organizations....He's had more Pride fights then any other big company he's been in. Gimme two reasons?

Just look at his record in pride 3-2 and his record in the UFC 5-0. Disparity?

Post #33   10/26/07 9:44:23PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
Well then thats good for pride and you can use that as an excuse as why PRIDE could be better. You can say "Anderson struggled in PRIDE but he comes to the UFC and dominates? That says something about how great UFC MW's are then..."

or something along those lines...Anderson Silva is P4P the best though IMO...hes a freakin beast..

Post #34   10/26/07 9:47:39PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

i say kudos dana i mean cro cop and rua were supposed to be 2 of the best also and they arent top 5 in the ufc i think pride was a fluke cause they all come to the ufc and dont impress even the couple who have won havent impressed. the only one who was worth the hype was rampage but that is about the only 1

Hey what happend to rampage against the guys in pride? He did well hey. How did Cro Cop do against the guys who kicked randy's ass? Pretty well. How did all the guys who were former UFC champs do in Pride? Pretty bad. Educate yourself before you make comments like this.

Even funnier you always like to bring up Barnetts roided up win against Randy like anyone gives a shit about that fight. You know why no one counts that fight? BECAUSE BARNETT WAS ON ROIDS. Give it up man, Pride fighters at whole have failed to impress in the UFC. You can cry about it all you want but it doesn't change reality.

Lol How did Ricco do in Pride? Ricco beat randys ass to(didn't test positive), how'd Overeem do?0-3 in pride, but again choked Randy out in under a minuet, how'd Inoue do? 1-4, subbed randy in under 2. I could keep going and list how the guys who wen't to pride did, but you know how chuck did, you know how rampage did there, you know all of this, your just to ignorant to admit it....

Uh oh, we have personal attacks now, someone get out the horns, CMILL IS PISSED!!!!

Though all of your observations are true except for Liddell who actually went 2 and 1 in pride, it should also be noted that Couture lost to Overeem and Rodriguez over 5 years ago. Inoue, LOL dude you're grasping at straws, that fight happened over 9 years ago and was before Couture had even started training for submission defense.

And despite all those wonderful factoids, you still managed to dodge the argument that pride fighters are eating canvas in the UFC. Go figure.

Post #35   10/26/07 9:47:50PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
yea quinton is definitely a cage fighter, he thrives in the environment, and despite hi pride fights, he is just mored dominant in the cage. i think he can avenge those other loses if he fights them in the ufc because in my mind, quinton is and always has been a cage fighter, not a pride fighter, but then again, now there is no such things as pride fighters so there is no real reason to argue this.

Post #36   10/26/07 9:49:23PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

Uh oh, we have personal attacks now, someone get out the horns, CMILL IS PISSED!!!!

Though all of your observations are true except for Liddell who actually went 2 and 1 in pride, it should also be noted that Couture lost to Overeem and Rodriguez over 5 years ago. Inoue, LOL dude you're grasping at straws, that fight happened over 9 years ago and was before Couture had even started training for submission defense.

And despite all those wonderful factoids, you still managed to dodge the argument that pride fighters are eating canvas in the UFC. Go figure.

Hey how many former pride guys are polishing their UFC belts that they crushed UFC poster boys to get? 2. Shogun will be fine, and if Cro Cop feels like it, he'd kick randy's head off. Don't get how beating big Tim and GG makes you #1 in the world when you've consistantly triumpht then failed miserably, but hey at least we know he never had the chance to fight Fedor...oh wait he did back before he came back to the UFC.

Post #37   10/26/07 9:53:34PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,092-1,242
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
what do you expect his $900 dollar custom made armani UFC undies are in a bunch because Fedor signed with someone willing to work with him....

Post #38   10/26/07 9:54:09PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

Hey how many former pride guys are polishing their UFC belts that they crushed UFC poster boys to get? 2. Shogun will be fine, and if Cro Cop feels like it, he'd kick randy's head off. Don't get how beating big Tim and GG makes you #1 in the world when you've consistantly triumpht then failed miserably, but hey at least we know he never had the chance to fight Fedor...oh wait he did back before he came back to the UFC.

If you start counting Anderson Silva as a pride fighter I'm going to start counting Wanderlei as a UFC fighter. So lets agree that one pride fighter has a UFC belt. But all belts aside how about we go down the list of the best fighters pride had to offer and how well they did in the UFC?

Cro Cop, what a wonderful specimen. I remember when Cmill made all these claims about how Cro Cop was going to run through the entire heavy weight division. For his first fight he went up against an unexperienced heavy weight that was practically running from him the entirity of the fight. WIN FOR CRO COP! Good job! Next he fights a relative up and commer by the name of Gabriel Gonzaga. Many felt that Cro Cop would absolutely destroy Gonzaga. Not the case. In fact Gonzaga demolished the K-1 level striker, many believed to be the second best heavy weight in the world with a dose of his on medicine. Next Crocop, supposedly the best he had ever been, training with awesome kick boxers, and finally got a cage to train in, went up against a fighter that many felt was pretty mediocre because of his ground skills and his suspect stand up. The mediocre fighter some how systematically dismantled the highly regarded striker in a 3 round decision.

Next we have Shogun Mauricio Rua, the number 2 or 1 P4P fighter in the world depending on who you asked. He went up against a not even top 10 ranked TUF veteran. Shogun was expeted to wipe his ass with Forrest and call it a night. Yet some how Forrest pulled off the "Upset" and made Shogun look like an absolute amateur.

Next we have Fabricio Werdum. A highly ranked heavy weight in Pride that was going to put Arlovski in a world of hurt. For 3 rounds arlovski gave his most boring performance where he pretty much embarrased Werdum.

Who else do we have? Oh yes Heath Herring, a fighter typically used to substantiate Fedor's "IMPRESSIVE" record. He was regarded as one of the top heavy weights in pride at one time, it just so happened to be the time that Fedor beat his ass. Who did Heath lose to at a wrastlin match? Oh thats right, Jake Obrien who hasn't been in a professional fight since.

NEXT, we have Big Nog who is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time. He went up against fellow Pride fighter Heath Herring where he put on a terrible performance by being destroyed by a head kick then out of a moment of pity Herring decided not to continue to fight against nog and just let him recover for the remainder of the fight. Nog did in fact get the W but he's no winner in my book for that asstastic performance. NEXT!!!!!

Marcus Aurelio regarded as a great light weight who had a win over Pride Superstar Takanori Gomi!!! Awesome right? Well apparently it wasn't enought to garner him the decision win against Clay Guida. Another Pride fighter bites the dust!BOOOO!!!!

NExt on our list!!!
Kazuhiro Nakamura, who was regarded as a favorite by many pride nut huggers to beat Lyoto Machida, yet another UFC fighter not typically ranked in the top 10. Nakamura got an asswhipping for a welcome to the UFC compliments of Machida. OUCH!!!!

A guess what.. not a single one of these fights occured outside of a year. Interesting how all Cmill has to offer are fights that happened over 5 years ago. I think I can consider this argument over.

Post #39   10/26/07 10:16:00PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

NEXT, we have Big Nog who is regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time. He went up against fellow Pride fighter Heath Herring where he put on a terrible performance by being destroyed by a head kick then out of a moment of pity Herring decided not to continue to fight against nog and just let him recover for the remainder of the fight. Nog did in fact get the W but he's no winner in my book for that asstastic performance. NEXT!!!!!

Dude, who cares? Big Nog already destroyed this guy twice. If anything GIVE PROPS TO HERRING!!! For not getting dominated again. He leanred from his mistakes and got better. Just not good enough to beat Nog. Dont put down Nog just becuase somebody he already beat twice learned alittle sub defense..

Nog is going to be HW champ for a long time...

Post #40   10/26/07 10:20:11PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

the guy is living in the past, his actual ranking is a ranking that can be good but 4 years ago !!
he is out of argument and all his favorite pride fighter are losing in the ufc so he simply forget there fight in his ranking and in his statement.
i am pretty sure that he have a black and white TV !!

the actual 2007 situation is completely different that he was expected and we are all retarded to live in 2007 and to rank the fighters acording to there 2007 or so fights.

even if he know that his argument are no longer valid in the 2007 fighting caliber of a guy, he still continu to bring back there past fights when they were fighting in front of the roman emperor !!

Post #41   10/26/07 10:20:30PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by nubby

Dude, who cares? Big Nog already destroyed this guy twice. If anything GIVE PROPS TO HERRING!!! For not getting dominated again. He leanred from his mistakes and got better. Just not good enough to beat Nog. Dont put down Nog just becuase somebody he already beat twice learned alittle sub defense..

Nog is going to be HW champ for a long time...

Better tell that to Cmill, according to him CC is going to be HW champ for a long time

Post #42   10/26/07 10:28:47PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
Also Forrest was in my top 10 because the judges robbed him. He beat Tito CONVINCINGLY! Tito won by lackluster Tito GNP in the 1st. But Forrest dominated him on the feet in the 2nd. Then he dominated him on the feet two and JUST BECAUSE Tito got the takedown shouldn't mean SQUAT! Freakin Forrest was hitting him hard from guard!! He beat Tito on the ground Rd 3 too!!! The judges just wanted to give Tito one last run at the LHW title. He got it and got F'd up by Chuck of all people.

So it's not much of an upset as your making it that Shogun loss to Forrest.he had a BAD gameplan. Dont say thats a bad excuse because I bet you were using that for Tito/Chuck 1. He tried to win on the ground which was a good idea to trick hijm but after he failed in the 1st he should have stopped. he had no explosivenss with that bad knee. he will destroy his next opponent. Shogun would Kill Tito, Chuck, Houston, and Jardine....He'll be back better then ever...I just don't think he can beat Rampage who is unstoppable right now...

Post #43   10/26/07 10:40:37PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Vitor Belfort: Beat Randy, did well in pride for a bit, then after beating randy in :49 seconds and losing to him, he wen't on his way back to pride, losing to Overeem and Henderosn but beat a stout Yoshiki Takahashi?

Quinton Rampage Jackson: Did well in pride, losing to Sakuraba, and being demolished by the top two LHW's in Pride(deemed by you to be B competition), he dominated the UFC's poster boy twice, in both venues.

Kevin Randleman: UFC HW champ, wen't on over to pride and he did wonderful 4-6 losing to a few of the people you've deemed to not be good enough for the UFC.

Ricco Rodriguez: 5-2 in the UFC, former UFC HW champ dominating Randy, did very well in pride(compared to the others) wen't 3-1, losing to...you guessed it a guy you deemed not very good.

Don Frye: Only lost one fight in the UFC, and won two tournaments wen't 3-4 in pride, with no noteable wins.

Mark Coleman: Won 2 tournaments and the UFC HW championship, wow he won one tournament in pride, and got rolled by all of pride "bad" top competition.

Chuck Liddell: Ahh the UFC's poster boy and "best" LHW in the world, wen't to Pride to show the UFC's dominance by beating Wanderlei Silva...something funny happend though, he got destroyed by some guy name Rampage...who then got dominated by Silva.

Ken Shamrock: The man who started it all in the UFC, a legend to the UFC, pride...not so much wen't 1-3

Dan Severn: a UFC HOF, had one fight in Pride a draw, he wasn't deemed good enough to be asked back.

Man there are soooo many more fighters who wen't the other way and had no where near the success they had in the UFC. This is a rediculous argument, and I really don't want to be apart of it. Saying Fedor sucks is soooo dumb, you don't go 27-1 if you suck. I was watching an interview with Josh Barnett today from just after the OWGP, and he said he's been asked to join the UFC, he said no because Pride has the best fighters and there's no point to go there. If we had this conversation last year at this time you would agree with me. You take a striker who's been in a ring his whole life put him in a cage and expect him to be the same? Not to mention his intensity is nooooo where near where it was(watch his GnP against Herring and others then watch how he throws against Kongo and Sanchez). Also Nakamura has lost to every notable he's faced but Lil nog. The Pride "star" your refering to in Werdum, beat GG via strikes(), overeem, and Aleks....Hardly the resume of a "star". Shogun gassed, plain and simple he gassed, he lost, he fought poorly, now he's no good? You take away everything he did because he gassed? Bj gasses alot and loses, then you guys rate him in the top 10 P4P? Little bit rediculous, oh and with the recent steroid allegations implicating Randy, you shoulden't dismiss his loss to Josh, he'd beat him again. Oh and I wasn't even on this Website until after Cro Cop lost to GG...so I dunno who the hell your talking about.

Last edited 10/26/07 10:55PM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #44   10/26/07 10:53:08PM   

yanks1523

Learning to Sprawl

yanks1523 Avatar

Career:293-182
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
im not saying that fedor sucks but dana might be right. ive seen him fight and he looked impressive but guys like henderson cro cop(especially) and both rua brothers havent impressed me in the cage and they were all really impressive in pride. dana knows what hes doin apparently but he still shouldnt have said he sucked because you never know what can happen fedor is what 31 someday he could have the chance to sign him again.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #45   10/26/07 10:56:01PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5