Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Says "Fedor Sucks" & Isn't Top 5 Heavyweight

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
This is a ridiculous statement.

I'm going to hold a conference call now and apologize on behalf of the MMA world for Dana White, haha. What a crappy and unprofessional thing to say.

So, if Fedor sucks, then does that mean he's now insulted some of his top heavyweights for losing to him? Cro Cop, Big Nog, Herring? It's going to be funny when Big Nog destroys all the other UFC HW competition and fans are left knowing that he had his ass handed to him by a guy who Dana couldn't sign.

It's comments like these that make Dana White impossible to like.

Post #16   10/26/07 1:07:34PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Dana is just pissed because Fedor wont sign and make him some more
money. Fedor is still no.1 in my opinion, why would Dana say something
like that, theres no heavyweight in UFC that would dominate Fedor, Couture
and White should watch what they say or Fedor just might get fed up
and sign then Fedor will own the HW division.

WAR FEDOR!!!

Post #17   10/26/07 1:21:28PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
I personally like dana. This sport wouldnt be where it is right now if it wasnt for him. He definately didnt do anything single-handedly, but you cant deny his contributions.

When he said fedor sucks, he wasnt saying it to please the internet fans who have seen every fight hes ever had, watched all his training videos and read every article with fedor in the title. We know he doesnt suck, we know that despite being on the shelf, is still likely a top3 hw in the world if still not no.1 (although if you dont fight in 2007, you cant be at the top of 2007). He said this for the casual UFC fan, as a UFC fan. These fans dont know who fedor is, they dont know his legacy. What they do know is that the ufc tried to sign him for some ridiculous money, and the deal fell through. Dana could've said a bunch of things.. like "i hate dealing with crazy russians", or "the requested terms of his contract were above and beyond any contract ever signed by the ufc", or even "they were full of shit and now he's stuck in a mediocre organization fighting mediocre opponents". He didnt. He said fedor sucks, the same way a canucks fan would say the flames suck, and the same way a pats fan would say the colts suck. This is how dana is, and thats how casual UFC fans relate to him. You might lose a few hardcore fans from statements like these, but it pales in comparison to the amount of causal fans you gain. And how hardcore of a fan are you if you stop watching the highest calibre promotion in the world cause you dont like the president? I watch for the fights, feel free to watch for the politics.

Post #18   10/26/07 1:31:10PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

I personally like dana. This sport wouldnt be where it is right now if it wasnt for him. He definately didnt do anything single-handedly, but you cant deny his contributions.

When he said fedor sucks, he wasnt saying it to please the internet fans who have seen every fight hes ever had, watched all his training videos and read every article with fedor in the title. We know he doesnt suck, we know that despite being on the shelf, is still likely a top3 hw in the world if still not no.1 (although if you dont fight in 2007, you cant be at the top of 2007). He said this for the casual UFC fan, as a UFC fan. These fans dont know who fedor is, they dont know his legacy. What they do know is that the ufc tried to sign him for some ridiculous money, and the deal fell through. Dana could've said a bunch of things.. like "i hate dealing with crazy russians", or "the requested terms of his contract were above and beyond any contract ever signed by the ufc", or even "they were full of shit and now he's stuck in a mediocre organization fighting mediocre opponents". He didnt. He said fedor sucks, the same way a canucks fan would say the flames suck, and the same way a pats fan would say the colts suck. This is how dana is, and thats how casual UFC fans relate to him. You might lose a few hardcore fans from statements like these, but it pales in comparison to the amount of causal fans you gain. And how hardcore of a fan are you if you stop watching the highest calibre promotion in the world cause you dont like the president? I watch for the fights, feel free to watch for the politics.

well say man !!

the guy is speaking the same language as we use normally when we are pissed off by something, and i like that !!

Post #19   10/26/07 1:39:24PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Then Dana's an idiot for offering millions to a "sucky" fighter to get him to fighti iin the UFC. He just has sour grapes. If he signed FEDOR he'd wear his nutsack as a face mask.

Post #20   10/26/07 2:06:22PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Dana actually did say he hated dealing with crazy russians....

Post #21   10/26/07 2:26:37PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:
i am not sure what everyone else read but what i clicked on was link to a briefing of the conf. call. without hearing how he said it or what was said before or after i dont want to judge dana. yeah he can come across like a guy at a bar but i like that. would rather watch him like that then a guy who knows hes loaded and thinks hes better then everyone else. we have the right to bash or praise whoever but when they say what they feel they become assholes because they run a big company?? dont understand the logic

Post #22   10/26/07 2:41:20PM   

MaxUFC

Learning to Sprawl

MaxUFC Avatar

Career:1,624-1,318
Chips:
I do love Dana for what he brought UFC back big and better.

I do hate him for trashtalking on fighters.

Post #23   10/26/07 4:14:35PM   

yanks1523

Learning to Sprawl

yanks1523 Avatar

Career:293-182
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
i say kudos dana i mean cro cop and rua were supposed to be 2 of the best also and they arent top 5 in the ufc i think pride was a fluke cause they all come to the ufc and dont impress even the couple who have won havent impressed. the only one who was worth the hype was rampage but that is about the only 1

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #24   10/26/07 6:57:09PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by yanks1523

i say kudos dana i mean cro cop and rua were supposed to be 2 of the best also and they arent top 5 in the ufc i think pride was a fluke cause they all come to the ufc and dont impress even the couple who have won havent impressed. the only one who was worth the hype was rampage but that is about the only 1

Hey what happend to rampage against the guys in pride? He did well hey. How did Cro Cop do against the guys who kicked randy's ass? Pretty well. How did all the guys who were former UFC champs do in Pride? Pretty bad. Educate yourself before you make comments like this.

Post #25   10/26/07 7:00:50PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gabe531

i am not sure what everyone else read but what i clicked on was link to a briefing of the conf. call. without hearing how he said it or what was said before or after i dont want to judge dana. yeah he can come across like a guy at a bar but i like that. would rather watch him like that then a guy who knows hes loaded and thinks hes better then everyone else. we have the right to bash or praise whoever but when they say what they feel they become assholes because they run a big company?? dont understand the logic

I was talking to the guy who was doing the interview this was said in, and he says dana was genuine in his statement.

Post #26   10/26/07 7:02:36PM   

Trench777

MMA Regular

Trench777 Avatar

Career:171-141
Chips:
What a fascinating thing to say.

Fedor doesn't suck. Dana knows that, everyone who's seen Fedor knows that. How MANY people have actually seen Fedor, is a whole other story. Diehards who love MMA so much they will even play in a Fantasy MMA League (*cough* ) have certainly seen him...but the casual fan hasn't. Shoot, I talk to people who claim to be fans of MMA & more than a few of them never even heard of Wanderlei (#$%^ I can never spell his name right) Silva. They've never heard of Fedor, either.

I have to agree, tho...him saying Fedor Sucks, is like me saying the Pats & Red Sox suck. I know they don't, but I'm just so freaking pissed that they rule so damn hard I tell myself they suck, LOL (& anyone else who will listen)

I totally agree it isn't any way for a professional businessman to handle himself....but Dana is pretty far removed from a typical businessman. He's a former boxing promoter & when I think about "how a businessman's hair should look"...Don King's doo doesnt come to mind, either.

I don't really like or dislike Dana White, but I sure love the loverly brand of ultra-violence he brings to my screen on a regular basis. May he continue to bring it for many years to come.

T777

Post #27   10/26/07 8:32:47PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

Hey what happend to rampage against the guys in pride? He did well hey. How did Cro Cop do against the guys who kicked randy's ass? Pretty well. How did all the guys who were former UFC champs do in Pride? Pretty bad. Educate yourself before you make comments like this.

LOL you're funny. How did rampage do? I think he did pretty well.

Even funnier you always like to bring up Barnetts roided up win against Randy like anyone gives a shit about that fight. You know why no one counts that fight? BECAUSE BARNETT WAS ON ROIDS. Give it up man, Pride fighters at whole have failed to impress in the UFC. You can cry about it all you want but it doesn't change reality.

Post #28   10/26/07 9:08:49PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

Even funnier you always like to bring up Barnetts roided up win against Randy like anyone gives a shit about that fight. You know why no one counts that fight? BECAUSE BARNETT WAS ON ROIDS. Give it up man, Pride fighters at whole have failed to impress in the UFC. You can cry about it all you want but it doesn't change reality.

Why are you guys forgetting ANDERSON SILVA!!!!?????

IMO he's P4P in the world!!!! He is came from pride...

He's P4P IMO becuase if he dropped down everybody at 170 gets KTFO. At 185 everybody is already getting KTFO, and if he was a little heavier I think he could give Rampage a bad day too like Wandy & Shogun did...

Last edited 10/26/07 9:14PM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   10/26/07 9:13:14PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by nubby

Posted by cmill21

Posted by yanks1523

Why are you guys forgetting ANDERSON SILVA!!!!?????

IMO he's P4P in the world!!!! He is came from pride...

He's P4P IMO becuase if he dropped down everybody at 170 gets KTFO. At 185 everybody is already getting KTFO, and if he was a little heavier I think he could give Rampage a bad day too like Wandy & Shogun did...

Well no ones forgetting Silva its just that he's not a pride fighter and most people here seem to understand why he's not labeled as a pride fighter. Perhaps you should read up on why.

Post #30   10/26/07 9:23:24PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5