Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White Says "Fedor Sucks" & Isn't Top 5 Heavyweight

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
During the UFC conference call today with company president Dana White and fighters Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva and Brock Lesnar, White was questioned about Fedor Emelianenko. The man who many consider the number one Heavyweight and number one pound for pound fighter in the world, Dana White responded by saying "Fedor sucks."

LINK

Post #1   10/26/07 6:36:57AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
hahahahahahahaha!

Post #2   10/26/07 7:00:32AM   

-RiK-

Learning to Sprawl

-RiK- Avatar

Career:51-40
Camp: Bodybuilding.com/misc MMA Section
Chips:
randy's just being greedy, 750K a fight on his new contract? WOW that must suck!

Post #3   10/26/07 7:09:35AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
well who is he gonna fight after randy? is this gonna be like the UFC Middleweight class? One man dominating all with the slight possibility of a challenge every now and then? They better grab some more UFC HW's

Post #4   10/26/07 7:27:26AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by -RiK-

randy's just being greedy, 750K a fight on his new contract? WOW that must suck!

try thinking about dana and the fertitais getting $10 million+ profit per event then fathom the sharing of profits equal to who actually makes them the money

Post #5   10/26/07 7:33:52AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Every time Dana White opens his mouth regarding Fedor and trying to trash his legacy, it sounds like a small child crying because he dropped his binky in the trash can. Give me a break, Dana! He should have created a general boring statement saying that he respects Fedor, etc. and it would have been done. Fedor isn't walking around saying Dana White is the worst President of a company ever.

Post #6   10/26/07 9:56:09AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Dana White is a classless asshole. That was his main problem with Fedor not wanting to sign. Some people may think oh yeah he says whats on his mind and tells it like it is, but seriously he's an ass. He lacks some serious class, as the president of a supposedly world class company you should have some restraint. Don't talk in the media like your sitting at a pub. And classy guys like Fedor dont roll with garbage like that. No matter what the offer would have, could have been to come to the UFC Fedor just didn't want to work for that asshole and can you really blame him?

Post #7   10/26/07 10:03:50AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Dana is entitled to his opinion. And though I agree that Fedor needs to be tested by top heavy weights other than Big Nog and CC, I don't think it's correct to trash him.

Post #8   10/26/07 10:40:53AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Personaly , i have fedor 5th in the HW ranking, so i agree about having to fight real competition before being on top of the 2007 ranking.

i will not say that fedor sucks or anything like that, but i understand that dana want to speak his mind sometimes, personaly, i think that fedor have choked and now, he can put anything in his contract to try to hide the truth but if you really want to fight the best and it is not about the money, stop crying and go where the bests fighters are !!

Post #9   10/26/07 11:10:20AM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
I agree Fedor sucks

Post #10   10/26/07 11:23:27AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
so people who are not in the UFC sucks?
hmmmm good to know.

Thanks Dana for another of your brilliant lessons.
Keep crying just because you didn't get him.

Post #11   10/26/07 11:28:24AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

hmmmm good to know.

Have you ever see a TV channel promoting there competitor ???

Dana promote his product and it is perfectly normal in this kind of business to try to put some darkness on your competitor !!! LOL ( i know darkness is weird but i have a problem to find another word sorry ) !!! LOL

Post #12   10/26/07 11:34:33AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Ordep

hmmmm good to know.

Have you ever see a TV channel promoting there competitor ???

Dana promote his product and it is perfectly normal in this kind of business to try to put some darkness on your competitor !!! LOL ( i know darkness is weird but i have a problem to find another word sorry ) !!! LOL

I know, the thing is that sometimes its just funny and gets out of the concept falling into nonsense. A better answer for that question : "We don't need him here" or something like that.

Last edited 10/26/07 11:44AM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: Bad English

Post #13   10/26/07 11:43:35AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Right now he's the top promoter, he doesn't have all the best fighters(as he said he would) no matter what you UFC huggers want to beleive, he really missed out on alot of top guys, and signed Lesnar. Insulting someones heritage and country as Dana did won't get you the guy you want, especially when it's a country that grew up anti-american. Every educated mma fan knows or should know that what fedor has done in mma is unmatched, he beat everyone at their own game, literally, he's done it all, and no not beating randy isn't going to tarnish his legacy. He doesn't need to fight in the UFC, if M-1 does go under(don't think it will) he won't sign with the UFC, especially after Dana said he "sucks" because why would he? I don't care what Dana says anymore, he just spouts off like a little kid, but doesn't he realize that hey contracts expire? and some companies fail, and then he would be able to get Fedor? Nope, he wants to cry and whine like a 2 year old. I think dana, promoter or not, should respect mma since alot of the fans that watch and beleive what he says are watching mma as a fad, and if he keeps alienating all these fighters they'll leave and so will his die hard fans.

Post #14   10/26/07 11:59:40AM   

darren67

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1-
Chips:
I agree

Posted by cmill21

Right now he's the top promoter, he doesn't have all the best fighters(as he said he would) no matter what you UFC huggers want to beleive, he really missed out on alot of top guys, and signed Lesnar. Insulting someones heritage and country as Dana did won't get you the guy you want, especially when it's a country that grew up anti-american. Every educated mma fan knows or should know that what fedor has done in mma is unmatched, he beat everyone at their own game, literally, he's done it all, and no not beating randy isn't going to tarnish his legacy. He doesn't need to fight in the UFC, if M-1 does go under(don't think it will) he won't sign with the UFC, especially after Dana said he "sucks" because why would he? I don't care what Dana says anymore, he just spouts off like a little kid, but doesn't he realize that hey contracts expire? and some companies fail, and then he would be able to get Fedor? Nope, he wants to cry and whine like a 2 year old. I think dana, promoter or not, should respect mma since alot of the fans that watch and beleive what he says are watching mma as a fad, and if he keeps alienating all these fighters they'll leave and so will his die hard fans.

Post #15   10/26/07 12:14:08PM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>