Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tuf 6 = embarrassment

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Career:873-590
Chips:
did you guys read the original post?

Post #16   10/25/07 5:43:25PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'm not offended by the locker room talk. In fact, I love it!

Anyway, I agree with a lot of the points being made. First of all anybody who goes out like what'shisface did at the beginning of this season is embarassing to watch. I broke my leg in basic training and ended up getting made fun of for being injured and doing 7 months away from family, friends, booze, good food, hot showers, and any other kind of life speaking about. Not to mention the 15 months I spent in Iraq getting blown up, watching friends die, missing out on all that same crap and more. I didn't cry once in basic training and the only time I cried in Iraq was when I watched a friend who was a 19 year old KID get blown into pieces so small we had to carry him home in an MRE bag. I definitely didn't bitch about my girl back home cheating on me. All of this "Until you've been there, done that" shit can get shoved right back up the hole it came out of with twice the force. The guy is a panzy straight up and deserves 0... ******* 0 sympathy. What he deserves is a good, solid 9-5 job where he can be cozy with his girlfriend every night. Glory goes to those who earn it, and sympathy goes to those who put everything into earning it, but never reap their dues.

Guys like Andy Wang and others who don't listen to their coaches and lose because of it get exactly what they deserve. It's like Darwinism live on national television. And here I sit every wednesday night soaking up every bit of it and laughing to myself all the while.

Yeah, TUF is a bit about drama. I've got to admit that at times I get sick of it. As for dude's cousin dying I can't blame the guy the least little bit for not showing emotion. Only in very rare instances (see above)have I broke down on the spot when someone close to me died. Usually the shock hits you a few days, or even months later. So I won't hate on that guy at all. Matter of fact, I earned a lot of respect for him because he was still willing to go and put it on the line in the octagon.

Barrera's wife, that was weird. I liked Barrera until I saw that part.

When I first watched TUF (a year and a half ago a friend gave me a season DVD) I thought it was going to be the most awesome show ever because I thought it was going to be about the guys training and what their practice actually looks like. Obviously I was mildly disappointed, but still I think some of the drama is good stuff.

All in all, this season isn't as good as some others have been, but it is still pretty decent. Especially when the pussies/panzies get exposed for what they are.

Post #17   10/25/07 5:45:33PM   

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Hot damn Jackelope!!! Well played sir!

I think my paragraph about the cousin came off the wrong way. I thought it was silly of them trying to make a dramatic episode about it. So, my apologies for insinuating the wrong thing to anyone that gets offended by it.

Barrera's wife, hmmm, well, ahahahahaha, oh holy dramatic. "I'm dying I'm dying," "did you go to the doctor," "no," oh, ok, ahaha.

Hey Jackelope - thanks for everything you did over there. Sorry about you friend. Can't even imagine.

Post #18   10/25/07 5:54:12PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by jyveturkey

How many seasons are we gonna have where the fighters don't listen to their coaches, they get in the ring and get there ass beat? Getting so old. Can't we get a better selection process or are they picked specifically for this reason? It's not hard to scout out a disciplined fighter, ya know. .

I think the fighter selection has been a problem in the past few seasons. I think they are picking guys with too many MMA fights under their belts and they all have chips on their shoulders. They think they know more than the coaches, they don't listen and then many of them lose their fights. TUF really needs to showcase guys that only have a couple fights under their belt.

1) Showcasing fighters that are inexperienced will certainly reduce the stock of mediocre fighters that TUF is currently producing. There will be a couple great fighters that develop with and after the show. The rest will never see the lights of the UFC after the TUF finale.

2) I would love to see more n00b fighters and have the show show more training footage and less drama

3) If a guy has 10 or more fights/wins under his belt then give him a shot in the UFC (undercard). i.e. Mac Danzig I mean, WTF is this guy doing on the show?

However, this is all wishful thinking. TUF6 has been horrible and I stopped watching after the first episode. I think the show is on a downward spiral and has less and less to do with MMA with each passing season...... but what do you expect from the same producers of "Big Brother"?

Post #19   10/26/07 10:56:04AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
I liked the first 3 seasons. 4 was ok. 5 was ok. 6 is a little boring so far. Doesn't seem to be as much talent in season 6.

Post #20   10/26/07 4:31:09PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
While I agree with most of your post. I still can't stand people bitching about Serra being pissed about his friend, talking about how he's just tryign to save his own ass.

No shit, he comes out and directly tells you that. But actions like that are nothing new, when Whitehead practically walked out of his fight on TUF, he was announced out of MFS within the week. Nobody wants that shit around their gym, so I wouldn't single Serra out for that either. Think about if Joey went to say MFS, or ATT, I'm pretty sure they'd be pretty upset with the way he represented them as well, it just so happens that the "coach" is also the one being represented poorly.

Post #21   10/26/07 5:01:16PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Personally I loved what happened to Whitehead. He tried to play coach the whole time and was hugging Hughes' nuts like they were about to fall off.

See? Sometimes drama is a good thing haha

Post #22   10/26/07 5:40:34PM   

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
i feel you on M. Danzig. He's got himself quite the attitude. Don't understand why he was so mad at the skinny dude. I tell ya what, for bein a little ass dude, he listened and he sure as hell got some good knees in. I thought it was gonna be worse than it was. All in all, I give him respect.

completely forgot about big brother, good effin point.

Post #23   10/26/07 5:56:00PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by jyveturkey

Does anyone else think this season is just str8 embarrassing for the mma world?

How the hell do the 1st 3 episodes center around a best man(the pussy) and his s*it talking friend(coach Serra). "I'm gonna go send a little bitch home," please. Serra's got the biggest mouth, such s*it talker. I do, however, respect him as a coach, obviously he knows what he's doing, and almost as a fighter, but c'mon man, don't say you're gonna do something 500 times then not do it. His manipulation tactics on pussy boy himself were pathetic. Did you really need him, did you really want him there, or were you afraid of looking like an idiot considering he works with you, you swear by him and he was the best man at your wedding??? Cause don't worry, you already took care of that with the consistent saying and doing nothing. That kid was such a bitch, I seriously felt uncomfortable watching the episodes. The worst part about it is that Serra knew damn well he was gonna ho up from the beginning. He was even screaming during his match for him to not give up like that and get submitted. Couldn't believe he gave dude his neck. "Oh please get this submission so I can go home, oh please, I miss my gfriend." what a pussy. I could write a best selling f*ucking novel on "The Art of Being a Pussy," just from watching the 1st few episodes of this season. I truly feel bad for all the fighters that busted there ass to get on the show just to be beat out by some ho that was granted the privilege to be on the show cause his boss was a coach this season, such BS!!!

This show has turned into such a dramatic piece. If we want drama we'll watch every other reality show on the block. Don't get me wrong, Marvin/other white dudes fight in the backyard last season was exciting/hilarious. When dude threw the kick to marvins face outta no where, OH MY GOD, I fell off the couch laughing. Anyway, back to the drama. How the hell do you center a show around a kid whose cousin dies that he doesn't even seem like he gives a s*it about. Did anyone see any kind of hurt on that kids face, me neither. What did he say "my cousin and I used to train together," the end, uh ok dude, sorry I guess. Dude didn't even tear up. I do not care either way whether he liked him or not, but don't try to make an episode out of something that doesn't exist in such dramatic fashion, so weak. I understand as a network/producer you have to add so dramatic effect to get people to watch through your promos, but let's not forget something. This show is supposed to be centered around training and fighting, "Am I wrong, am I wrong?"

Father Hughes, what was with the bible study group. Story time? HUH? Then he's up dudes ass "You should really read the story, it's a good story, it's a good story, it's a good story." Matt, shut up, we get it, but the kid's not religious, nor does he give a f*ck about a story. I'm sure it's a great story, but shouldn't we be training.

How many seasons are we gonna have where the fighters don't listen to their coaches, they get in the ring and get there ass beat? Getting so old. Can't we get a better selection process or are they picked specifically for this reason? It's not hard to scout out a disciplined fighter, ya know. I think Matt Hughes is a great coach, not from personal experience, but I think he is. Damn, look at B.J. Penn last season, how many times did his fighters not follow the game plan? You have the BEST possible people teaching you, working out your game plan, then you get in the ring and say f*ck it? que? Did anyone else want to run Andy Wang's big ass head over?

My end. I will take this to my grave, Barrera didn't win one f*ucking round last night. Count the damn punches and look at the aggressor, Serra's dude won on that alone. We don't even have to recognize Herb's stop to the fight, "just kiddin, FIGHT." Hughes/Dana sayin it's the worst judging yet, WHAT!!! Were they watching the f*cking fight!!! I LOVED when the judge said to Matt "C'mon Matt, you're better than that," ahahaha. And lets keep it real people, the worst judging, as everyone knows, even his home country knew, was Hamil/Bisping, bing, whatever his name sounds or is spelled like.

Ok, this is the first time I've written a blog/rant/whatever you call these things. So if I didn't follow some unwritten code of conduct known throughout the forum/blogger world, my bad people. If I offended anyone, I don't give a s*it, it's my opinion damnit.

Aside from all that, hope everyone has a Halloween they will forget. I can definitely say I'll be needing a liver transplant by the end of this weekend.

-Todd.

well todd first off the ultimate fighter is made for tivo. u ff thru the bs and watch when they are training and tune in for the last 15 mins when theres a fight. you are crying alot about a show that sucks because many of the guys who get the air time are immature little babies who know how to fight. you didnt offend me at all with your f-bombs maybe dana should hire u as his pr guy.
as far as the judges go the guy who won dominated the fight. i know everyone says u have to judge the fight on the 10 point must system but that first round was close dont really care who u give it to because the 2nd round was dominated by ben. at one point dan acted like he didnt want to continue he was taking such a beating.
the hamil bisbing fight was close. as far as im concerned nobody did enough to earn a win. so whoever the judges wanted to award that bs decision to was fine with me. i would have called it a draw.

Post #24   10/26/07 6:29:40PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
As long as they have fights that are entertaining at the end of the episode, then I can let a thing like the Scarola mess go. It's like a balancing act. Sometimes the drama is boring and sad, and sometimes, like when they get bored and tear up the house, it can really show some good times. It also lets us see the fighter outside of the cage, who they really are. Sure, i'll never be a fan of Richie Hightower, but who says that like I won't want to follow like Jon Koppenhaver, or Dan Barrera, or Danzig? Seeing who they really are makes it easier to identify with a fighter, and easier to become their fan.

Post #25   10/26/07 6:57:24PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2