Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tuf 6 = embarrassment

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Career:873-590
Chips:
Does anyone else think this season is just str8 embarrassing for the mma world?

How the hell do the 1st 3 episodes center around a best man(the pussy) and his s*it talking friend(coach Serra). "I'm gonna go send a little bitch home," please. Serra's got the biggest mouth, such s*it talker. I do, however, respect him as a coach, obviously he knows what he's doing, and almost as a fighter, but c'mon man, don't say you're gonna do something 500 times then not do it. His manipulation tactics on pussy boy himself were pathetic. Did you really need him, did you really want him there, or were you afraid of looking like an idiot considering he works with you, you swear by him and he was the best man at your wedding??? Cause don't worry, you already took care of that with the consistent saying and doing nothing. That kid was such a bitch, I seriously felt uncomfortable watching the episodes. The worst part about it is that Serra knew damn well he was gonna ho up from the beginning. He was even screaming during his match for him to not give up like that and get submitted. Couldn't believe he gave dude his neck. "Oh please get this submission so I can go home, oh please, I miss my gfriend." what a pussy. I could write a best selling f*ucking novel on "The Art of Being a Pussy," just from watching the 1st few episodes of this season. I truly feel bad for all the fighters that busted there ass to get on the show just to be beat out by some ho that was granted the privilege to be on the show cause his boss was a coach this season, such BS!!!

This show has turned into such a dramatic piece. If we want drama we'll watch every other reality show on the block. Don't get me wrong, Marvin/other white dudes fight in the backyard last season was exciting/hilarious. When dude threw the kick to marvins face outta no where, OH MY GOD, I fell off the couch laughing. Anyway, back to the drama. How the hell do you center a show around a kid whose cousin dies that he doesn't even seem like he gives a s*it about. Did anyone see any kind of hurt on that kids face, me neither. What did he say "my cousin and I used to train together," the end, uh ok dude, sorry I guess. Dude didn't even tear up. I do not care either way whether he liked him or not, but don't try to make an episode out of something that doesn't exist in such dramatic fashion, so weak. I understand as a network/producer you have to add so dramatic effect to get people to watch through your promos, but let's not forget something. This show is supposed to be centered around training and fighting, "Am I wrong, am I wrong?"

Father Hughes, what was with the bible study group. Story time? HUH? Then he's up dudes ass "You should really read the story, it's a good story, it's a good story, it's a good story." Matt, shut up, we get it, but the kid's not religious, nor does he give a f*ck about a story. I'm sure it's a great story, but shouldn't we be training.

How many seasons are we gonna have where the fighters don't listen to their coaches, they get in the ring and get there ass beat? Getting so old. Can't we get a better selection process or are they picked specifically for this reason? It's not hard to scout out a disciplined fighter, ya know. I think Matt Hughes is a great coach, not from personal experience, but I think he is. Damn, look at B.J. Penn last season, how many times did his fighters not follow the game plan? You have the BEST possible people teaching you, working out your game plan, then you get in the ring and say f*ck it? que? Did anyone else want to run Andy Wang's big ass head over?

My end. I will take this to my grave, Barrera didn't win one f*ucking round last night. Count the damn punches and look at the aggressor, Serra's dude won on that alone. We don't even have to recognize Herb's stop to the fight, "just kiddin, FIGHT." Hughes/Dana sayin it's the worst judging yet, WHAT!!! Were they watching the f*cking fight!!! I LOVED when the judge said to Matt "C'mon Matt, you're better than that," ahahaha. And lets keep it real people, the worst judging, as everyone knows, even his home country knew, was Hamil/Bisping, bing, whatever his name sounds or is spelled like.

Ok, this is the first time I've written a blog/rant/whatever you call these things. So if I didn't follow some unwritten code of conduct known throughout the forum/blogger world, my bad people. If I offended anyone, I don't give a s*it, it's my opinion damnit.

Aside from all that, hope everyone has a Halloween they will forget. I can definitely say I'll be needing a liver transplant by the end of this weekend.

-Todd.

Post #1   10/25/07 3:03:05PM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
pretty fair assessment IMO

Nice Rant

Post #2   10/25/07 3:12:25PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Yeah, so I completely disagree with everything you just said except for the juding. Team Serra won both rounds.

Post #3   10/25/07 3:15:38PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
First off man,... if you don't like the show... don't watch. Maybe you'd feel better off watching Grey's Anatomy, or How I did your mother.

Also, until you can step it up in the octagon... or perform in front of a camera broadcast to millions of people... you don't have the right to talk about how poorly anyone fights in the octagon. Again,... you don't like it? Watch something else.

Secondly... the guy that lost his cousin... maybe it didn't hurt him that much.... maybe it did, but they just didn't show him crying himself to sleep... who knows? I can speak from personal experience... I lost my brother 4 years ago, Just because you aren't crying every second doesn't mean you aren't tore up about it. Then again... maybe he was tore up about it and we just don't know.

Yeah, you're new and all that... in the future I would maybe rant in a less profane manner. At least unless you are going to post in the locker room or padded room. You can voice your opinion without dropping the f-bomb 16 times.

I'm not meaning to come off as a jerk to ya, man... I just don't agree with some of the stuff you said. Good luck with your game.

Post #4   10/25/07 3:17:46PM   

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Punisher - thanks
Waylon - you're most definitely entitled to yours
T to the Nun - as with Waylon, definitely entitled to yours, but I think you missed a few things:

1. I never said I didn't like the show. I said this season is an embarrassment.
2. "How I did your mother," ahahahaaha, so gay. How long did it take you to google that, ahaha.
3. Oh here we go with the "until you step into the Octagon," crap. Well played robot. Wait a minute, did I say anyone fought poorly, uh nope. You sure you read my post? CAN you read? Again, I never said I didn't like it.
4. Oh my God dude, did you read the paragraph??? Did you read the sentence that states, "I don't care whether he liked him or not," you're killing your argument.
OH, you can speak from personal experience, that's great, and I'm sure no one else in this community can including myself. Ya lost a brother, everything aside, seriously, I'm sorry dude, that really sucks, but what the hell does that have to do with anything? Him being tore up, wasn't the point. You're killin me Nun, you're killin me!!!
5. Yes I am knew to the site, so, my bad on the locker room talk. That goes for anyone else that feels the way of the Nun. Well Nunsky, that's just how I talk.
6. I don't take it that way. Thick skinned, would take a lot more than that. Like I said, you're entitled to yours. You too, have a good one.

-El Turk.

Post #5   10/25/07 3:37:09PM   

faille

MMA Regular

faille Avatar

Career:450-252
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Yeah, so I completely disagree with everything you just said except for the juding. Team Serra won both rounds.

No way! Hughes won first round, Serra took second round, that fight was a draw.

Post #6   10/25/07 3:39:00PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by faille

Posted by waylon_o

No way! Hughes won first round, Serra took second round, that fight was a draw.

I don't know man, I just didn't see it that way. I watched it twice...even if Hughes won the first round, it wasn't by such a large margin that they shoulda made a huge deal out of it. Barrera knocked him down once with a pounch...but I still think the other guy won both rounds.

Post #7   10/25/07 3:57:47PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
I agree that the first round was controversial i mean it really could have gone either way. alot of time was spent with Dan standing over the other guy as he sat there smiling. I think the knock down by Dan should have gotton him some points tho. I may be talking out of my rear hear cuz i dont remember but i think two judges went against Dan in the first round scoring it 10-8? If thats tru it was definitely some of the worst judging because I could see it going 10-9 to either guy but 10-8 is just ridiculous. I think we will see Dan back tho so its not a big deal i think he is going to be great and i honestly think that messed up hand was his downfall. He just comes off as a guy that can go far in this biz.

Post #8   10/25/07 4:01:22PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

pretty fair assessment IMO

Nice Rant

whats IMO dude ????

Post #9   10/25/07 4:04:41PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
In My Opinion...

IMO I agree with this thread except embarrassment is a little harsh...

Post #10   10/25/07 4:31:29PM   

Rua22

MMA Regular

Rua22 Avatar

Career:60-33
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:

How many seasons are we gonna have where the fighters don't listen to their coaches, they get in the ring and get there ass beat?

alot of that can be attributed to the individual fighter. i agree that they need to listen, but you have to understand what the experience is like for these guys. most of these guys fight/train on the side (while working full time and now they are in a completely new environment to solely train and fight. should they listen? of course, but at the same time i am sure they are so overwhelmed at the opportunity before them that it can be difficult. alot of these guys also have fights under their belt and they are so acclamated to their individual style and fighting habits that it is very difficult for them to just change things up when they get into the cage. i agree with some of your points though.

Post #11   10/25/07 4:36:00PM   

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Rua22 - most definitely dig whatcha sayin.

gotta little fired up this morning

Post #12   10/25/07 4:57:57PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by jyveturkey

Punisher - thanks
T to the Nun - as with Waylon, definitely entitled to yours, but I think you missed a few things:

2. "How I did your mother," ahahahaaha, so gay. How long did it take you to google that, ahaha.
3. Oh here we go with the "until you step into the Octagon," crap. Well played robot. Wait a minute, did I say anyone fought poorly, uh nope. You sure you read my post? CAN you read? Again, I never said I didn't like it.
4. Oh my God dude, did you read the paragraph??? Did you read the sentence that states, "I don't care whether he liked him or not," you're killing your argument.
OH, you can speak from personal experience, that's great, and I'm sure no one else in this community can including myself. Ya lost a brother, everything aside, seriously, I'm sorry dude, that really sucks, but what the hell does that have to do with anything? Him being tore up, wasn't the point. You're killin me Nun, you're killin me!!!
5. Yes I am knew to the site, so, my bad on the locker room talk. That goes for anyone else that feels the way of the Nun. Well Nunsky, that's just how I talk.
6. I don't take it that way. Thick skinned, would take a lot more than that. Like I said, you're entitled to yours. You too, have a good one.

-El Turk.

Sherdog is that-a-way. Be gone.

Post #13   10/25/07 4:58:42PM   

jyveturkey

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Oh rcg916colt45,

here's my present to you - http://mmaplayground.com/fantasy-mma-betting/explanation.aspx

Post #14   10/25/07 5:20:39PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,039
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by jyveturkey

Punisher - thanks

-El Turk.

well, last week i was stunted by reading some ridiculous post about dan henderson, at the end , i was sure that the guy was simply running from a psychiatric institute.

now man, you have convinced me that you are insane too and you have escaped at the same moment of the guy that i am speaking about !!

man, they will catch you if you use this forum to spread your insanity !!

Post #15   10/25/07 5:31:26PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2