Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

‘The Spider' Tops Fedor in Sherdog P4P Rankings

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
i dont see how jackson is up there... in my mind when i look at p4p i think of smaller people in the weight class, or people who fight up a weight class.

jackson is a huge light heavyweight, and bigger than a lot of heavyweights, i wouldnt put him up there.

i have urijah faber up there. because he always fights up in weight, and his only loss is to tyson griffen.

i think the top 3 would be fedor, anderson silva, and hendo in no particular order. all 3 could be argued in the top spot.

and explain to me how wanderlei isnt on there but gomi is?
gomi looked terrible against diaz, if it was a 10 minute round, diaz would of finished him there, but instead he got caught in a gogoplata....

wanderlei is on an 0-2 run, but would constantly move up to fight heavier opponents, (2 fights against cro cop, split loss to mark hunt) if he beats liddell, i see him staying at one of the lower end spots for a while, but if he looses i think he should be dropped completely.

Last edited 10/25/07 11:43AM server time by mikevolz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   10/25/07 11:37:11AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I have no idea why GSP isnt in there, and he may be the best BJJ guy in MMA but Aoki should not be there, BJ needs to be its as simple as that - tho he should have fought more often of late, and Randy isnt retired he just resigned - he is a good #10 in that list i think

Post #17   10/25/07 11:48:59AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
After GSP roles through which ever of the "Matt " dummies wins in December. I hope he takes it up a notch. He will dominate the welter weight div., so I hope he moves up a weight class and whoops Silva's ass. Imagine that as a headliner for a PPV....... beats the hell out of Evans vs Bisbing!

Post #18   10/25/07 12:04:50PM   

twoguns365

Learning to Sprawl

twoguns365 Avatar

Career:1,656-1,131
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

BJ Penn destroyed Hughes, and Hughes beat Sherk, so Penn would destroy Sherk.

So, Serra beats GSP, and GSP beat Penn and Hughes, so according to that, Serra beats Hughes and Penn?

and Riggs beat Diaz, Diaz beat Gomi, so Riggs would beat Gomi?

Post #19   10/25/07 12:40:45PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by twoguns365

Posted by silverbullet

BJ Penn destroyed Hughes, and Hughes beat Sherk, so Penn would destroy Sherk.

So, Serra beats GSP, and GSP beat Penn and Hughes, so according to that, Serra beats Hughes and Penn?

and Riggs beat Diaz, Diaz beat Gomi, so Riggs would beat Gomi?

LOL at using stupid fight math (MMAth) to dismiss the idea, lets carry it on -

Santiago beat Horn who beat Chuck = Jorge Santiago would beat Chuck
Royce beat Sakuraba who beat Rampage = Royce would beat Rampage
THE BEST ONE - Randy beat TK who beat Fedor = Randy would beat Fedor

Post #20   10/25/07 12:52:14PM   

MMA0922

Learning to Sprawl

Career:94-56
Chips:
hahaha this is just nuts,
all of you are picking those guys cause those are you personals favorite fighters, thats all

GSP? , with what a win against Kosheck ? and a lost against Serra?
Shogun?, with a really disapointing fight with forrest?

the guy that wrote that Jackson shoulndt be in the second place, you're a should chuck's lover!!!, Jackson beat the UFC champion and the Pride Champion, why he doesnt should be there?

Anderson Silva?, why not,,, he was prove that he is the Top MW in the world, other that than Henderson... there's not other real challenge for him.

Randy Couture, retired? is that what you're wating for? he doesnt want to be in the UFC, but i dont see why he you're saying he shoulnt be in the Ranks ...

you people are just crazy, and if you people havent noticed, you can Rank the figthers you like in here... so dont complain... thats the only thing you do, and they are better at it.

Post #21   10/25/07 1:16:54PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Anderson Silva #1 p4p???

I think silva is great and he is a dominant middleweight champ in the ufc but im not so sure about #1 pound for pound

maybe I just have that daiju takase submission still in my head but i dont agree with that at all

i would of really liked to see gsp and bj penn on the top 10 as well

Post #22   10/25/07 1:44:37PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,961-1,087
Chips:
yeah man bj, gsp, what the hell sherdog. I do understand tho fedor not being on top like come on it's been a while, and now going with m-1...i'm ok with fedor not being on top,and silva's actually at my #1 too so I guess I can't argue much with that lol. But Gsp on the other hand is my #2 so well yeah whatthefuxup? lol

Post #23   10/25/07 2:24:25PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
for the looks of it the top ranked (#1,2) guys are bein basted on wht they have done lately, anderson has been rapin ppl in the cage, rampage beat chuck, the guy that was up there for awhile, then beat hendo, it's not what all these guys did in the past its what they r doin now but the rest of the list i dk how they got that so i do ???? and y they did leave some big guns out mainly GSP. bj is 2-3 since comin back with a win only over jens, shougn hadnt fought inwhile till he lost to forrest, wand is comin of 2 ko loses but alot of those others guys have lot recently too, so after 1 & 2 i dk how they came up those

Post #24   10/25/07 3:09:27PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
I can't respect a best pound for pound list that doesn't include GSP.

Post #25   10/25/07 3:26:17PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Kdub

How is Sherk overated? He is probably the best LW fighter in the world. His work ethic is better than any MMA fighter in the game. His only 2 losses are to the best pound for pound fighter in the world GSP and the other loss is to Hughes. In which he brought Hughes the distance and won a couple rounds. He deserves to be in the top 10 PFP. At LW I don't think there is a fighter who can beat him (even Penn).

I know its tough to compare fights but Diaz killed Gomi and Sherk dominated Diaz. Don't be pissed because he has a wrestler style of fighting. He is as dominate as any fighter at his division.

What work ethic are you talking about?! The guy just lost his belt for steroid abuse. You have to be freaking kidding me.

BJ Penn destroyed Hughes, and Hughes beat Sherk, so Penn would destroy Sherk. Sherk has no real stand-up to speak of, and his submissions are so so. He relies primarily on his wrestling ability. Now can you explain to me how he is a top fighter in the world, when his game is all 1D?

Does Chuck not rely primarily on his striking to win fights? The reason Sherk can be a top fighter in the world by being so 1-dimensional is that his one dimension is so dominant that he can make other people who are multi dimensional look like cans. He fights at lightweight and beat Karo who is a top welterweight 3x, that sounds like a pretty good fighter.

Post #26   10/25/07 6:30:07PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Kdub

How is Sherk overated? He is probably the best LW fighter in the world. His work ethic is better than any MMA fighter in the game. His only 2 losses are to the best pound for pound fighter in the world GSP and the other loss is to Hughes. In which he brought Hughes the distance and won a couple rounds. He deserves to be in the top 10 PFP. At LW I don't think there is a fighter who can beat him (even Penn).

I know its tough to compare fights but Diaz killed Gomi and Sherk dominated Diaz. Don't be pissed because he has a wrestler style of fighting. He is as dominate as any fighter at his division.

You do know he's fought twice at LW hey? Also he's on suspension for steroids so....

Post #27   10/25/07 6:57:08PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Ive had Anderson number 1 for awhile now.So this isnt a surprise to me.

Post #28   10/25/07 7:01:32PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Kdub

What work ethic are you talking about?! The guy just lost his belt for steroid abuse. You have to be freaking kidding me.

BJ Penn destroyed Hughes, and Hughes beat Sherk, so Penn would destroy Sherk. Sherk has no real stand-up to speak of, and his submissions are so so. He relies primarily on his wrestling ability. Now can you explain to me how he is a top fighter in the world, when his game is all 1D?

What kind of logic is that? Penn beat Hughes and Hughes beat Sherk therefore Penn beats Sherk? I hope you don't pick fights on thoses basis. Then your saying Yushion Okami can beat any MW becasue he beat Anderson Silva once(I know it was a DQ but a win is a win).

Sherk passed a lie detector tests saying he had no knowledge that he took steriods, and they found a steriod suppliment in his X-ience suppliments. Which is takin by many UFC fightors. So as far as I am concerned Sherk is innocent. Even if the comission finds him guilty.

O, and for the record, Sherk would beat Penn, Penn would gas by the 3rd and no way he will knock Sherk out or even submit him in the first two rounds...

Plus, Penn hasn't shown me anything lately getting smoked in 06' by Hughes and GSP and beating and over the hill Pulver this year means not so much. Sherk beat Diaz and Florian(two of the top 10 LW) in 06' and dominated Franca(who is just as good if not better than Pulver)....

Last edited 11/13/07 2:57PM server time by StevieC
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   11/13/07 2:56:29PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2