Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampages biggest competition

Print  
Who is Rampage's biggest threat?
Shogun 13 21%
Wandy Silva 20 32%
Chuck Liddell (Ha) 1 2%
Forrest Griffin 14 23%
Houston Alexander 9 15%
Dan Henderson 5 8%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Just seeing who you guys think has the best shot at taking Rampage's title away. Dont go by who is closest to a title shot but by if that person was given the shot, how good would they do.

Post #1   10/25/07 12:02:13AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
I said this before the Forrest/ Shogun fight and I still believe that Silva would have a better chance against Rampage then Shogun. I picked Silva but i still think it would be a hard fight for him. Hendo has a great chance too, but he should really drop weight to middle.

Post #2   10/25/07 12:04:17AM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
I still think Shogun. He had a torn ligament in his leg against Griffin which had to have an affect on his cardio which is why he gassed so quickly. And also would explain why his shots were so bad. After he heals and gets back to 100% he will be back to the #1 LHW in the world and show his dominance once again.

Post #3   10/25/07 12:05:48AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
well, i will be fair and i will say that it is forrest who would be the biggest competition.
we have to be fair here, forrest won against shogun and it was not because of a lucky punch or a cut, it was fair an square.

maybe we can argue that jardine can be the biggest competiton, but i think we should stop to always bring back to guy who lost a fight but it was because of an injuree and bla bla bla ...

you win you go up, you lose you go down, simple and easy to understand !!

if you beat a guy who was supposed to be the best, well you take his place !!

Last edited 10/25/07 12:26AM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   10/25/07 12:24:17AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Forrest. he trains with Randy and just Like Rampage will have a GREAT gameplan. That have basically the same level of skills in wrestling and striking. Both brawl and can take you down, Rampage just slams...That woul be an AMAZING FIGHT!!!

Post #5   10/25/07 12:26:37AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
I would say Hendo. If he would've banged more on his feet he would have won IMO, and if they ever do have a rematch he will win.

Post #6   10/25/07 12:31:50AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Tito.

Post #7   10/25/07 12:52:09AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Tito.

LMAO!!!! You serious?

I knwo your a fan but that is a dumb statement. Tito gets DOMINATED by better grapplers and by Far EASILY Rampage is a better grappler. Hes BETTER ALL AROUND!!! Standing he would KO Tito. Wrestling he would Out wrestle him EASILY like Randy did for 5 rounds. In BJJ He'd Submitt him!!!

Proof...

Frank vs Tito....Dominated....
Randy vs Tito....Got Spanked...LITERALLY!....

Hate to say it but his next fight means EVERYTHING> Because all he can beat is a 40 year 10 years past his prime and BARELY beat fighters who arent even developed yet(Rashad & Forrest weren't)....

Sorry Nubby but I seriously can't see Tito beating him...

Post #8   10/25/07 12:58:55AM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
Frank Shamrock?

Tito dominated him the his fat head blew up and he thought he could stand

But Tito was winning that fight hands down Tito style slow boring Tito GnP

Tito was winning

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #9   10/25/07 3:13:03AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

well, i will be fair and i will say that it is forrest who would be the biggest competition.
we have to be fair here, forrest won against shogun and it was not because of a lucky punch or a cut, it was fair an square.

maybe we can argue that jardine can be the biggest competiton, but i think we should stop to always bring back to guy who lost a fight but it was because of an injuree and bla bla bla ...

you win you go up, you lose you go down, simple and easy to understand !!

if you beat a guy who was supposed to be the best, well you take his place !!

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Forrest. he trains with Randy and just Like Rampage will have a GREAT gameplan. That have basically the same level of skills in wrestling and striking. Both brawl and can take you down, Rampage just slams...That woul be an AMAZING FIGHT!!!

I agree with you. I think Forrest poses the biggest threat to RampageĀ“s title. His size makes it hard for Rampage to get inside and work his uppercuts and takedowns and Forrest is just a really well-rounded, skilled fighter. There's no quit in him.
I'm not counting out Quinton in any way against Forrest though. It would be an awesome fight.

I think Rampage has surpassed Shogun and Wandy. I think he would beat both in rematches. His boxing is sharper than ever (don't forget that he dropped Wandy in their second fight and took him down in the first) and I think he works out with better guys than the brazilians do.

Last edited 10/25/07 3:22AM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   10/25/07 3:21:54AM   

Raiderz757

MMA Regular

Raiderz757 Avatar

Career:168-130
Chips:
i think Forrest should get the next shot at him

Post #11   10/25/07 5:08:43AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I think Shogun is still the biggest threat to Rampage. While Wanderlei has done a little training with Randy, and Griffin looked great beating on an injured and obviously out of condition Shogun, I think when Shogun's knee heals up and he gets his fitness levels back to what they were, he will roll in, trash Griffin (who I believe will have fought and lost to Rampage by then) then have a war with Rampage and possibly come out on top. For sure, it wouldn't be as one sided as their first encounter, but I think it might be like Anderson Silva / Rich Franklin. The second time Franklin fought, he showed that he had worked a game plan to counter Silva's strengths, but Silva still just cracked him out.

Post #12   10/25/07 6:21:23AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
I've also gone with Griffin.

I'd say, him Wandy and Shogun could cause Rampage MAJOR trouble, but it depends on what sort of fighter Wanderlei is these days, hopefully he'll be back to his brutal best when he fights Chuck.

Also, slightly off topic, Forrest was also injured in the fight against Shogun, so I don't think a fit Shogun would have any more of a chance than last time, considering they were both injured. Obviously Shogun's gas tank suffered cos of his knee, but not many people even gave Griffin a chance of going long enough for that to be a factor anyway. And to be fair Shogun never mentioned anything like that as an excuse, so fair play to him.

Anyhoo, any fight with Rampage and anyone from Shogun/Griffin/Silva would be a war worth watching.

Post #13   10/25/07 6:48:42AM   

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
Wandy, Forrest Griffin, and Hendo are all threats fore sure. Thiago Silva is a young guy coming up who has looked good and might be able to hold his own with the champ. And then there's Houston Alexander, who's still kind of a wild card to me. We know he's powerful, and he can bang but how does he handle a technically skilled striker with power too, what's he like on the ground? There too many questions left still to out and out call him a threat I think. Right now Idon't know, it's rather hard to say. I guess you have to go with forrest, he's all heart, has the height advantage and ability to fight at range and try to nullify Quinton's Boxing and takedowns, and he is strong enough and has the grappling ability to survive and potentially do work there. If he has the cardio to fight at Quinton's pace and handle his pressure for 5 rounds he could potentially take a decision.

Post #14   10/25/07 7:30:07AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
I don't think any of those guys could take the title from Rampage. I'd have to vote for Rashad Evans. I'd love to see these two guys wrestling on the mat. Rasahd is one of the few guys that could outwrestle him. Rampage would have to punch, and we know he can do that (KO vs. Chuck Liddell). But Rashad would have a shot in this one.

Post #15   10/25/07 10:08:24AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3