Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Thiago Silva and Paulo Filho join Gabriel Gonzaga in Ludlow, Mass., camp

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
“Gabriel Gonzaga put Ludlow on the mixed martial arts map. His manager, Marco Alvan, is trying to make sure it stays there. Alvan has added two renowned fighters to his Team Link stable, which already includes Gonzaga - a top heavyweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Thiago Silva is 11-0 and will fight at next month’s “UFC 78? in Newark, N.J., while Paulo Filho is the middleweight champion of UFC’s sister promotion - World Extreme Cagefighting.”

Interesting aside: In the article Filho confirms his rumored WEC 185-pound title bout against former UFC welterweight contender Frank Trigg on December 12. Good fight.

LINK

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   10/24/07 5:44:14PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,579-1,056
Chips:
This could be the start of one great fighting camp!!!!!!!!

Post #2   10/24/07 5:47:49PM   

paullyG

Learning to Sprawl

Career:140-76
Camp: S.M.O.
Chips:
they're training one city away from where i live.

Last edited 10/24/07 7:11PM server time by paullyg
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   10/24/07 7:10:30PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Who's the top dog in that camp? I'd still say GG, but Filho is a solid fighter. Could this mean that he is ready to move to the big time and the UFC? Hopefully...

Post #4   10/24/07 8:02:46PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
This is stupid on Paulo Fhilo's side and it sucks on Shoguns...

This means Paulo is leaving Black House right? The Black House is the best Brazillian team ever!!!

And it sucks for Shogn because I think this means Thiago leaves Chute Box and this means Shogun loses the ONLY other fighter that will press him to his best while training. He's basically beating bums now....

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   10/24/07 10:50:09PM   

Jujiden

MMA Regular

Jujiden Avatar

Career:263-145
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

This is stupid on Paulo Fhilo's side and it sucks on Shoguns...

This means Paulo is leaving Black House right? The Black House is the best Brazillian team ever!!!

And it sucks for Shogn because I think this means Thiago leaves Chute Box and this means Shogun loses the ONLY other fighter that will press him to his best while training. He's basically beating bums now....

Dang NateDawg, don't be a buzzkill or anything. It's not like they're leaving a great camp to go to crappy camps even though Black House and Chute Boxe are amazing. I think it would be great to have them all together. I think we'll see more growth out of the 3 in Team Link more now then before since they can feed off each other now. And so what about Shogun, he's a big boy. If he can't train without his boys then that's his problem. Personally, I'd like to see Gonzaga back on the scene and in the mix again with Vera/Sylvia/Nogueira/Lesnar and having the new guys in his camp may encourage him to get there.

Post #6   10/25/07 4:59:40PM