Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Liddell v. Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

Reservoirdog119

Learning to Sprawl

Reservoirdog119 Avatar

Career:450-274
Chips:
Does anyone else thinks its B.S. that this fight was signed? Now, don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Liddell fan. He's my all-time favorite MMA fighter. But the fact is he LOST to Keith Jardine, so why is he now getting a top tier fighter? I think it should have been Jardine fighting Silva, with the winner getting a shot at Rampage.

Opinions?

Post #1   10/24/07 3:23:42PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
first of all, is Wandi still a top-tier fighter? I think that is debatable.

Second, this fight has been the 'dream fight' in MMA for years. The UFC is just giving the fans what they want...can't be angry about that.

Post #2   10/24/07 3:26:46PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Reservoirdog119

Does anyone else thinks its B.S. that this fight was signed? Now, don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Liddell fan. He's my all-time favorite MMA fighter. But the fact is he LOST to Keith Jardine, so why is he now getting a top tier fighter? I think it should have been Jardine fighting Silva, with the winner getting a shot at Rampage.

Opinions?

AGREE 100%!!!!!

Chuck can't strike with the best anymore so it's about his time to retire...NO ITS NOT HE TOOK JARDINE LIGHTLY!!!

Jardine beat him straight up! He could have took him lightly the 1st round but he had 2 rounds to shape back up! Chuck was good when all the good LHW's were in Pride but now that his nightmare(Rampage) is back he won't never hold that title again. He CAN beat Wandy but Rampage will ALWAYS have his number!

Post #3   10/24/07 3:28:19PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Reservoirdog119

Opinions?

you have a good point, but the raw fact is that liddell vs wanderlei draws more people and will make more money. besides this a dream matchup from a few years ago and it is a way to give the mma fans the fight that they wanted. i know it doesn't make sense to you, but if you think about it, they both have two consecutive losses, so why not put them together. that and the fact about the money and the dream matchup i mentioned before.

Post #4   10/24/07 3:28:56PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Second, this fight has been the 'dream fight' in MMA for years. The UFC is just giving the fans what they want...can't be angry about that.

Dude, Wandy lost to a HW!!!! Then he lost to Dan henderson. That day I truely believe CC was UNSTOPPABLE!! Wandy can't help that. dan was the better fihgter the second time around thats all....

Wandy is still #2 in my book!!!

Post #5   10/24/07 3:29:44PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Post #6   10/24/07 4:07:50PM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
They both are coming off two loses in a row and that adds to the drama of this fight. I'm excitied for this fight, especially since I met Wandy last weekend. It's going to be a war.

Post #7   10/24/07 4:14:45PM   

adamant

Learning to Sprawl

Career:12-6
Chips:
i think this fight is gonna be great. wandy IS a top tier fighter imo. with the whole scheduling issue about silva having to fight chuck, i think it is simply one of those issues that the pride fighters (CC, rampage, etc.) have had to face. with the exception of shogun (who was asked for by griffin), i believe everyone has had a fight that kind of introduces them to the casual ufc fan that may not really know who they are. with that being said, as mentioned before everyone has wanted this fight and it has worked out to this point. both on losing streaks, both will be fighting lights out. i hope wandy can pull it off.

Post #8   10/24/07 4:21:42PM   

kofranklin

MMA Regular

Career:98-42
Chips:
I almost feel bad for Chuck. And im a Tito Ortiz fan. Silva is going to crush Chuck.

Post #9   10/24/07 5:16:32PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i hope silva beats chuck so we can get to see page vs silva 3....guaranteed war

Post #10   10/24/07 7:23:15PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

i hope silva beats chuck so we can get to see page vs silva 3....guaranteed war

Yeah I kinda have a feeling this might could be a sleepfest..

Wandy will press the whole time but after viewing Wandy's tape I think Chuck will be running scared the whole time like he was against rampage and then throw a horrible punch and "OMG WANDY JUST DROPPED HIM WITH A HUGE PUNCH!"...

hopefully not though. I want to see the chuck that fought Jardine. That was the best Chuck I have ever seen. That and the one that fought Guy Metzger. Other then those 2 fights he runs away...But I think if Wandy can help it THIS WILL LIVE UP TO THE HYPE!!!

Post #11   10/24/07 7:30:15PM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:406-248
Chips:
Liddell Vs Silva.
Why are some people unhappy with this, This will be mad, Could even take the main-event away from Serra Vs Hughes.

This fight is now a perfect match-up, 2 former greats, Both coming off back to back losses (Poor Wandy's been dropped twice but), And both will be hungry as Butterbean!
As for who will win, This could go either way, And if Silva win's, He wont get rampage next. If Forrest pull's an upset he might.

PS.
I think this could be Chuck's last fight win or lose, When I say that I also think that he leave the UFC, He can take Randy's old job. Oh well Peace out.

Post #12   10/25/07 8:01:45AM   

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
I'm definitely excited for this fight, both these guys are coming into this bout with their careers on the line and their backs against a wall. Throw in the fact that they rarely if ever have boring fights and they usually finish or get finished, and you have the makings of an intensely exciting and legendary bout. All i'll say as far as a prediction goes is this, if Liddell comes in like he did against Rampage, chambering big telegraphed punches and leaving his chin hanging out with absolutely NO lateral footwork or head movement... he's going to get brutally beaten and slept worse than he's ever imagined.

Post #13   10/25/07 8:42:32AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Is Chuck still a top-tier fighter? Sure he got destroyed by Rampage (again) and embarressed by Jardine, who certainly isn't a fantastic striker, whereas Wanderlei lost to an unstoppable Cro Cop and Hendo, who is no joke also. So who is in a worse position right now? I think it's Chuck.

This will be a great fight, that much is assured. The technical aspect of their striking match up has been discussed a million times over though. I still think Wanderlei will be too much for Chuck, if Chuck couldn't counterpunch Jardine out I think Wandelei will lay him out.

Post #14   10/25/07 8:53:30AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by ohiostate1016

Is Chuck still a top-tier fighter? Sure he got destroyed by Rampage (again) and embarressed by Jardine, who certainly isn't a fantastic striker, whereas Wanderlei lost to an unstoppable Cro Cop and Hendo, who is no joke also. So who is in a worse position right now? I think it's Chuck.

This will be a great fight, that much is assured. The technical aspect of their striking match up has been discussed a million times over though. I still think Wanderlei will be too much for Chuck, if Chuck couldn't counterpunch Jardine out I think Wandelei will lay him out.

Perfectly said!

Post #15   10/25/07 10:55:40AM