Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Possibility of Tito fighting Forrest Again?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
i cant see him retiring, his ego is too big and hes still too young...and hes still a good fighter

Post #16   2/7/07 7:03:50PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I can't imagine him retiring anytime soon...

Post #17   2/7/07 7:22:37PM   

Sagat_GSP12

MMA Regular

Sagat_GSP12 Avatar

Career:36-25
Chips:
I don't see Tito retiring anytime soon. The guy has a passion for this sport and said he would be back after the last loss to Chuck.
As for Tito/Forrest again... I don't really know how I feel about that one. I don't think it's a very good time for either fighter. I would like to see maybe Tito/Jardine and Forrest fight Rashad. You could make a case for Jardine getting a shot at Chuck, but with Rampage coming in I think we'll see Rampage/Jardine before 'ol Keith gets a title shot. Think about when BJ came back. GSP was next in line but all of a sudden had to fight BJ before he got his shot at Matt. Speaking of... how about a GSP/BJ rematch?

Post #18   2/7/07 7:22:55PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I don't think he'll retire ethier, I was just saying. There's so many opritunities for fighters today, that if one had to go, they can make money somewhere else.

Post #19   2/7/07 7:28:40PM   

BrAeDeN91

MMA Regular

BrAeDeN91 Avatar

Career:42-30
Camp: ricco rodriguez and the sundance kids
Chips:
i would like to see that forrest coming off a big loss and same with tito. it would be a good fight.

Post #20   2/7/07 7:35:52PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
It would be a good fight because nethier want to loose to each other, that's for sure.

Post #21   2/7/07 7:52:14PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
im not saying forest/ortiz wouldnt be a good fight, im just saying it would be harder to market...

two fighters who in the last year have no mentionable wins...battle of the losers? good fight, bad for marketing....and i think they need to get tito a win against someone other than a TUF fighter or a shamrock (past his prime, ready for retirement) or its going to start hurting his confidence....of course, that doesnt leave much in that division to choose from........ortiz/babalu? who knows. my vote on what will actually happen is rashad/griffin and ortiz/jardine

Post #22   2/7/07 8:41:40PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
this fight makes sense since the division is so shallow...

i say Tito wins but it will be tough...unless Tito got confidence by lasting 3 rounds with chuck and knowing the stoppage was stopped to early....Tito in the condition he fought chuck beats Forrest

Post #23   2/7/07 8:45:12PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i say Tito wins but it will be tough...unless Tito got confidence by lasting 3 rounds with chuck and knowing the stoppage was stopped to early....Tito in the condition he fought chuck beats Forrest

tito didnt sound like he got a big confidence boost in the post fight interview....he was one step away from forest after he lost to jardine....

Post #24   2/7/07 11:04:42PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

tito didnt sound like he got a big confidence boost in the post fight interview....he was one step away from forest after he lost to jardine....

he did get confidence wether it seams like he didnt...he gets confidence by all the fans...and everyone going into his myspace page and telling him he did very well and that it was a bs stoppage

Post fight interviews mean nothing till some time passes and your emotions are not in the way.. and he goes back and watches the fight for himself

Post #25   2/7/07 11:33:02PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
I don't see Forrest beating Tito. The first time they fought Tito greatly underestimated Forrest's skills. I don't think that would happen again. Tito even congratulated Forrest after the first fight on how much he put up. But Forrest is one of the purest definitons of a "Banger." He's goes out there, throws bombs, and eats a lot of punches. If you look at him, even when he wins his face as all mashed up. I've watched his defense evolve throughout his UFC career and his loss to Jardine may make him a little more conservative (or timid) but if Tito just goes for the takedown right away I predict Tito by GnP in the first or second.

I also don't see a lot of positive results from any outcome of this fight. Scenario A: Tito wins. I seriously don't see Tito getting another title shot until that belt leaves the hands of Chuck Liddell. Is it going to be a cycle of Tito losing his title shot, fighting one guy, losing his title shot, fighting one guy, etc. With guys coming in like Evans, Jardine, Bisping, and Rampage, title contention isn't going to be a war between 2 or three guys anymore. This would also put Forrest out 3 of his last 4. I'm not sure if he's emotionally stable enough to cope with that. It would be back climbing the ladder all over again.

Scenario B: Forrest Wins. Again where does he go from there? Griffin/Bisping? I think guys like Rampage, Evans, or Jardine, if not fighting Chuck should be fighting each other to determine whoe DOES fight Chuck. They probably wouldn't be happy to be matched with Griffin while another guy takes his shot at the title. And where does that Leave Tito? If he's not the champ or #1 contender then what is he, just another LHW?

These guys both need to be fed some wins. They are HUGE names in American MMA and forerunners in the mainstreaming of the sport. Forrest the first TUF champion and Ortiz who's been one of the most popular MMA fighters for damn near a decade. You ask people who don't even watch MMA and they've still heard the name Tito Ortiz. These guys still sell tickets and PPVs so I think Dana may be racking his brain on how to give them the longevity they need with the UFC fans.

Last edited 2/8/07 12:46AM server time by crimethinc
Edit note/reason: typos

Post #26   2/8/07 12:44:11AM   

StraightLeft

Learning to Sprawl

StraightLeft Avatar

Career:259-174
Camp: Metro Machine
Chips:
I don't think that would be a good match up for Forrest, at least not right now. He needs a fight to get his confidence back up, as probably does Tito. Either way, I think we'd see a much different Tito in the rematch IMO. Tito by ref stoppage

Last edited 2/8/07 2:48AM server time by StraightLeft
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   2/8/07 2:47:56AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:
it will be an alright fight, i think tito stole the last fight with the last takedown

Post #28   2/8/07 2:52:56AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by gspfan31

it will be an alright fight, i think tito stole the last fight with the last takedown

it had been 14 months since Tito stepped into the cage..he had "Gitters"(as Rampage says) to work out....plus he had a knee injury

Tito by ref stoppage sounds about right ...(1st round)

Post #29   2/8/07 4:06:25AM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,190-771
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I don't care who Tito fights as long as he gets KTFO!

Last edited 2/8/07 4:56PM server time by OchoCinco
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   2/8/07 3:13:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2