Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mario Lopez?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Does anyone know where Mario Lopez was lastnight?

Post #16   2/11/07 2:53:14PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I don't care, as long as he wasn't on my tv.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #17   2/11/07 5:04:14PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I don't care, as long as he wasn't on my tv.

LOL, i'll second that!

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   2/12/07 2:44:12AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Hating on Mario Lopez for what reason?

the guy is a Sparring Partner for many boxers and a big fan of boxing..im sure he also trains MMA now that its so huge...i would rather want him commentating than "180 time undefeated" heavyweight champion Bill Goldberg!

Post #19   2/12/07 5:06:54AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I dont' think Goldberg is crediable ethier.

Post #20   2/12/07 5:13:00AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Not wanting him their is not the same as hating on him. The last thing the sport needs now that it is recognizable is to be affiliated with kid TV star's, pro wrestler's or anyone seemingly ( real or not) illegitemate IMO. He can be the greatest boxer ever, and love the sport, but " celebrity" announcer's take me back to the days of Jim Brown.. He's the greatest running back of all-time IMO , but that doen't mean he has any business calling MMA. Mike Goldberg, Ranallo just seem to be harmless announcer guys. It's the Quadros, Rogan ( knowledeable fan and Martial arts background- I don't put Lopez in this category) and former fighter's Bas/Randy who I think give MMA a better image.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #21   2/12/07 6:27:38AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Not wanting him their is not the same as hating on him. The last thing the sport needs now that it is recognizable is to be affiliated with kid TV star's, pro wrestler's or anyone seemingly ( real or not) illegitemate IMO. He can be the greatest boxer ever, and love the sport, but " celebrity" announcer's take me back to the days of Jim Brown.. He's the greatest running back of all-time IMO , but that doen't mean he has any business calling MMA. Mike Goldberg, Ranallo just seem to be harmless announcer guys. It's the Quadros, Rogan ( knowledeable fan and Martial arts background- I don't put Lopez in this category) and former fighter's Bas/Randy who I think give MMA a better image.

and Joe Rogan is a Reality tv host for "Fear Factor"..and used to be on that show "The Man's Show"....what business does he have being a MMA commentator?

my point is you're not even giving Lopez a chance to even know if he is knowledeable on the sport..you just assume he's not....i didnt have any respect for Joe Rogan when he first started commentating for the UFC..i thought he was just an other wannabee looking for a job....but who knew he was very well knowledged in the sport and actually trains himself?

Last edited 2/12/07 8:27AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   2/12/07 8:26:34AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

and Joe Rogan is a Reality tv host for "Fear Factor"..and used to be on that show "The Man's Show"....what business does he have being a MMA commentator?

my point is you're not even giving Lopez a chance to even know if he is knowledeable on the sport..you just assume he's not....i didnt have any respect for Joe Rogan when he first started commentating for the UFC..i thought he was just an other wannabee looking for a job....but who knew he was very well knowledged in the sport and actually trains himself?

Just so you know Joe Rogan is a TKD black belt and a Brown Belt in BJJ under Eddie Bravo. Not only that he ******* knows a shitload about the sport. Thats the place Rogan has. Not saying anyhting bad about Mario but he is no joe rogan. Yet.

Post #23   2/12/07 8:34:46AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,845-1,130
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I read a report today that said Lopez walked out of the arena before the fights started and so he couldn't appear on the show. I'm curious to know why he left.

Post #24   2/12/07 3:01:15PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Maybe he got booed? Remember when they announced the NSAC folks at Pride: Real Deal, and everyone booed them? Pro Elite had a similar crowd I'd imagine.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #25   2/13/07 3:21:54AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2