Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mario Lopez?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I don't really understand why he is going to be commentaring Elite. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyone got any answers to this?

Post #1   2/7/07 1:15:52PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
im not sure, this struck me as kind of odd also.. but i remember reading somewhere that he has a wrestling background and is very interested in and knowledgeable about MMA.. i dont think elitexc would sign him on to commentate if he had no knowledge of the sport, but then again, i have some seen some pretty bad commentators before.. but i guess we will only have to wait three more days to find out how he will do.. i think he will be alright

Post #2   2/7/07 1:30:18PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
maybe they got him to bring in some females. haha..

Post #3   2/7/07 2:00:27PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
His character was a wrestler on Saved by the Bell....lol...AC Slater

Post #4   2/7/07 3:57:01PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Even if Slater does know a thing or two about MMA, I think he will still drive me nuts... Bill Goldberg's going to be the other guy, right?

Personally I think they should have one Straight-laced guy and one odd-ball guy... It seems to be the standard for most sports, one guy does play-by-play the other does color commentary...

Seems like they got themselves two 'odd-ball' guys...

Post #5   2/7/07 4:18:58PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
AC Slater...I can't take this guy seriously. He also hosted some Amazing Dog Tricks show in the Animal Planet. Now he does mma?

Post #6   2/7/07 4:21:55PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Hopefully its just a temporary situation and they'll get a good play by play guy at some point.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #7   2/7/07 5:36:24PM   

Tha1

Learning to Sprawl

Tha1 Avatar

Career:5-4
Chips:
mario lopez is an advid boxer, spars on occasion with james toney. i think through boxing he's taken interest in mma.

Post #8   2/7/07 6:23:09PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
They probably had a casting call for the spot and he was the most recognizable of all the unemployed actors who auditioned. That or he knows someone. Has he done anything since saved by the bell, besides dancing with the stars?

Post #9   2/7/07 10:29:11PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
He did have all those guest spots on Nip/Tuck. Apparently AC is a long time fan of MMA the cameras often find him in the audience of UFC events. I think he is going to be like a roving reporter and I don't know if he's actually doing ringside commentary. I'm more concerned with Goldberg. I wish anything and anyone whose been involved in the last decade of pro wrestling would be quarantined on an island somewhere. When a fighter is setting up for a guillotine I imagine Goldberg will say something like "Oh, here comes the piledriver!"

I think a better celebrity team of UFC fans would have been Michael Clark Duncan and Juliette Lewis. A big black guy and a skinny little white girl announcing fights. It's practically a sitcom already.

Post #10   2/8/07 12:15:56AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

He did have all those guest spots on Nip/Tuck. Apparently AC is a long time fan of MMA the cameras often find him in the audience of UFC events. I think he is going to be like a roving reporter and I don't know if he's actually doing ringside commentary. I'm more concerned with Goldberg. I wish anything and anyone whose been involved in the last decade of pro wrestling would be quarantined on an island somewhere. When a fighter is setting up for a guillotine I imagine Goldberg will say something like "Oh, here comes the piledriver!"

I think a better celebrity team of UFC fans would have been Michael Clark Duncan and Juliette Lewis. A big black guy and a skinny little white girl announcing fights. It's practically a sitcom already.

LOL, that would be comedy,and almostas sad as Goldberg/Lopez IMO
Still. at least it would be funny.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/8/07 3:01:23AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

AC Slater...I can't take this guy seriously. He also hosted some Amazing Dog Tricks show in the Animal Planet. Now he does mma?

He also did Miss Teen USA.
And now soon he is doing Miss USA.
But it just goes to show if you listen to "the savage dog show" how inferior they are to "the beatdown"

Post #12   2/8/07 7:48:29AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
he's gonna be the best thing ever to happen to MMA, now we can see Screech fight in EliteXC and save his house, he had a great showing against Horshack

Last edited 2/8/07 10:22AM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   2/8/07 10:22:03AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

he's gonna be the best thing ever to happen to MMA, now we can see Screech fight in EliteXC and save his house, he had a great showing against Horshack

ahahahhahahhhahhahahhaha.........thats wicked. i think that guy plays in a band now. Called Salty Pocketknife.

Post #14   2/8/07 10:27:22AM   

hypocalking

Learning to Sprawl

hypocalking Avatar

Career:71-50
Camp: Sherdog All Stars
Chips:
Looks like he got the axe.

Post #15   2/11/07 1:44:50PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2