Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

what do you know...

Print  
Posted By Message

LightsOut33093

Standup Guy

LightsOut33093 Avatar

Career:648-332
Chips:
once again, the high scorer for the most recent event is the #1 earning leader.....this is a terrible betting system, i guarantee the winner of the last event for the season is gunna be the winner of the whole season.....the system needs to be fixed or changed, easy as that

Post #1   10/21/07 3:48:59PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
Yes I know people are going to accuse me of thinking about wanting a change just cuz I won last season, but I agree, this is too easy and once you get ahead you can kinda cruise the rest of the way. I won last season with about 11 Grand. Stickan in the secondary league has 183 Grand, this is no knock on him cuz it is obvious he has done an amzing job, but after seeing how the season has played out I definetly would not mind a change.

Post #2   10/21/07 3:56:00PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,775-1,531
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
All they would have to do is put in a feature so that users couldn't put in wager requests on both fighters in the same fight.

Post #3   10/21/07 5:36:34PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
Why is this such a terrible betting system? Everyone starts out with the same $1000 and the lines are the same for everyone, therefore everyone has the same opportunity to cash in. Even if the underdog lines were lowered, everything will still be the same with $10K holding the same value of $50K. It's all relative.
The big winners are also the big risk-takers; MSprong put 25K on Silva to win after risking it all on Jardine previously. It just so happened to pay out or MSprong would be betting with 'prediction' money right now.
Nobody twisted your arm to bet your beginning wad on the Wiman/Geraghty fight. Your wager history shows that you continued to max bet on underdogs, but you could have just as easily diversified and made some conservative bets to pad your bankroll and got right back in it with solid line play.
Babalu2720, I think it's great that you won last year but understand that this season has seen crazy underdog success and the 11K last year doesnt hold the same value this season. Who knows, next season things might go right back to where it was and these early 'underdog' gamblers would be busted.
Better luck next season. I could use some too.

-OUT-

Last edited 10/21/07 7:50PM server time by three_days_of_grey
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   10/21/07 5:44:39PM   

Basshandsome

Standup Guy

Basshandsome Avatar

Career:2,439-1,333
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Why is this such a terrible betting system? Everyone starts out with the same $1000 and the lines are the same for everyone, therefore everyone has the same opportunity to cash in. Even if the underdog lines were lowered, everything will still be the same with $10K holding the same value of $50K. It's all relative.
The big winners are also the big risk-takers; MSprong put 25K on Silva to win after risking it all on Jardine previously. It just so happened to pay out or MSprong would be betting with 'prediction' money right now.
Nobody twisted your arm to bet your beginning wad on the Wiman/Geraghty fight. Your wager history shows that you continued to max bet on underdogs, but you could have just as easily diversified and made some conservative bets to pad your bankroll and got right back in it with solid line play.
Babalu2720, I think it's great that you won last year but understand that this season has seen crazy underdog success and the 11K last year doesnt hold the same value this season. Who knows, next season things might go right back to where it was and these early 'underdog' gamblers would be busted.
Better luck next season. I could use some too.

-OUT-

Cound't agree with you more! I like the wagering system and I hope that they keep it. Its the way that actual betting works so its fine by me. One event someone wins big but then they bet it all away the next event and get busted and that fine by me.

Post #5   10/21/07 9:49:14PM   

fat2rak005

MMA Regular

fat2rak005 Avatar

Career:183-104
Chips:
i think the outcome sucks, but i dont know how you can "fix" it with out messing the game up. i say keep the betting lines the same and wait for these people who take advantage of the odds to bust.

Post #6   10/22/07 2:51:34AM