Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor fighting in Feb. IN THE US!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Link

The new ownership of the M-1 Global promotion and its acquisition of number-one world ranked fighter Fedor Emelianenko will be announced Monday at a press conference in New York City. A conference invitation sent out today was devoid of the usual details, including the event’s host, who has gone to great lengths to keep its identity a secret till Monday. It is expected that the promotion will also announce its first event in the U.S. for February, with the PRIDE heavyweight champion headlining against an opponent yet to be named. Emelianenko will be in attendance.

Post #1   10/20/07 11:15:27AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Hopefully it's against Barnett another top 10 fighter. What a slap in the face that would be for the US. M-1 signs the #1 & #3 HW's IMO and then have them face each other when there org. is finally getting national attention, what a crowd this would draw in!!!

This is great. I hope this wakes Dana wakes up and smell the roses. Can't wait to see Fedor fight!

Post #2   10/20/07 11:27:11AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
I pumped too. I try not to bash the UFC as it's revitalized this sport and brought it back from the dead, but monopolies are bad for everyone.

Not only for the fighters, but for us too. Look at the quality of fight cards a year ago vs. now. 73 was the only one in recent memory with a bunch of bigger names. They've chosen quantity over quality because the fans options are limited, and they know it. Where are all the dream fights we were getting with the PRIDE purchase?

Post #3   10/20/07 11:35:04AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I want Randy vs Fedor to be announced now, i cant wait till monday for this!

Post #4   10/20/07 12:32:33PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Can't wait to see what happens.

I say we get the announcement of Fedor VS Broc Lessnar.
Or against Barnett or some no name.

Post #5   10/20/07 12:50:09PM   

lb4lb

Learning to Sprawl

lb4lb Avatar

Career:1,099-573
Chips:
Who cares who he's fighting? He's already fought Barnet and there is NOBODY else that is in his ranks deserving to fight him outside of the UFC. Even if it is Barnet, who's next? They're not going to create a contender over night, and he'll be fighting either cans/freakshow fights/rematches for the rest of his career. he has 1 decent fight outside of the UFC, and he's ALREADY even had that one before...
Way to DUCK the real competition Fedor! If you have nothing to prove against the only other legitimate heavyweight competitors in the world, then retire, b/c i'm not paying to watch him fight Middleweights or cans from here on out...

Post #6   10/20/07 1:00:31PM   

lb4lb

Learning to Sprawl

lb4lb Avatar

Career:1,099-573
Chips:
Fedor / Lessnar is such a freakshow fight. ******* PLEASE...
Lessnar has had 1 fight against a can w/ a losing record! Why does he deserve that fight and why would ANYBODY want to see that? Fedor is #1, and Lessnar hasn't even beaten anybody in the top 100... Give me a break.

Post #7   10/20/07 1:02:58PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by lb4lb

Who cares who he's fighting? He's already fought Barnet and there is NOBODY else that is in his ranks deserving to fight him outside of the UFC. Even if it is Barnet, who's next? They're not going to create a contender over night, and he'll be fighting either cans/freakshow fights/rematches for the rest of his career. he has 1 decent fight outside of the UFC, and he's ALREADY even had that one before...
Way to DUCK the real competition Fedor! If you have nothing to prove against the only other legitimate heavyweight competitors in the world, then retire, b/c i'm not paying to watch him fight Middleweights or cans from here on out...

Fedor has never fought Barnett

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #8   10/20/07 1:12:50PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
Barnetts been holding out and waiting to see where Fedor signs so i think its a strong possibilty that Barnett will sign iwth M-1 to fight Fedor ..........

Last edited 10/20/07 1:56PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Insults
2 total post edits

Post #9   10/20/07 1:52:28PM   

MeatyPortion

Learning to Sprawl

MeatyPortion Avatar

Career:440-342
Chips:
Cool. This should be good. Thanks for the heads up.

Post #10   10/20/07 2:07:13PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by lb4lb

lol.

Post #11   10/20/07 2:23:57PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,969-1,003
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by lb4lb

but a little too much for me to agree completely !!! LOL

Post #12   10/20/07 2:29:08PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The only 2 match ups that would cause me to watch would be Randy or Barnett...everything else is bullsh!!t! Except if he fought his brother...I would love to see that....any takers?

Post #13   10/20/07 3:29:56PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
NICE, this is awesome.....I really have a feeling that it'll be barnett. Im srue theres compelling matchups for him outside the UFC. Kharitonov could be a good fight. Realistically I only see a couple of fights out there for emelianenko....who knows, Arlovski seems a little unsatisfied with the UFC so maybe he could cross over to M-1 as well.

Post #14   10/20/07 3:36:27PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by lb4lb

Fedor has never fought Barnett

And Lindland only weighed like 15 lbs less than Fedor who is a small HW. Hardly a big difference considering Matt's one of the best greco guys.

As far as him ducking people, this is the same guy who:
- stood up with CC and Schilt when nobody was willing too
- willingly went into Nog's guard when everyone else avoided it at all costs
- happily pulled guard with Coleman at a time when everyone feared his GnP

So Fedor wants to defend his Sambo title once a year, big deal. It's his first love and obviously important to him. Too stubborn? That's debatable, but saying he's "ducking the real competition" is akin to calling him a coward. And that was out of line.

Post #15   10/20/07 3:43:51PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2