Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

crocop v arloski?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

eiredave

Banned

Career:13-18
Chips:
do ye think ufc will let this happen arloski is the heavy weight poster boy its a fight id love to see an ideal card for me would be
ortiz v griffin 2
liddel v rampge
crocop v arloski
but think it could mess up ufc big time

Post #1   2/7/07 6:55:12AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
They might do a few fights down the line whenever they felt the value of that as a main event would be most beneficial to the company basically.

Post #2   2/7/07 7:43:26AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think they are hoping for this fight if Cro-cop gets by Sylvia. 2 fastest heavyweights IMO. Would be sweet, Arlovski would be smart to try and go for the takedown and pin him against the cage . Standing with him would be way to dangerous. Still, while I think Cro-cop is better it could go either way. It would probably just come down to who get's caught first, both of them have average chins the way I see it.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/7/07 10:05:28AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I agree that they both have average chins. Arlovski is so overated in my book. Yeah, he blew it big time against Sylvia. Arlovski is fast as hell, hits like a bull, and has the attitude and intensity to go with it. I don't expect him to beat Cro Cop, but I would love to see the fight. Like you said before, if he can get him down or against the cage, it could get really interesting.

Post #4   2/7/07 10:08:58AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
My guess is that AA will be Crocops first title defense after the inevitable rubber match between him and Silvia (He will crush Silvia in both matches).

I can't see them using up the good match between AA and Crocop before then.

Post #5   2/7/07 11:40:01AM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
i think cro cop vs. AA would be incredible

Post #6   2/7/07 12:35:39PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I think AA would have a great chance against Cro Cop. Especially if Cro Crop handles his opponents easily, I think Arlovski would be a huge change of pace after Cro Crop gets in a comfort zone. I would definitely love to see that fight happen this year.

Post #7   2/7/07 3:16:15PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
why are we forgetting about randy. he has a 4 fight contract.
natural
silvia
cro-cop
arlovski
vera
gonzaga
o'brien
herring
cro-cop / vera (winner takes on natural / silvia winner)
arlovski / o'brien
herring / gonzaga

Post #8   2/7/07 5:28:02PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I think they are hoping for this fight if Cro-cop gets by Sylvia. 2 fastest heavyweights IMO. Would be sweet, Arlovski would be smart to try and go for the takedown and pin him against the cage . Standing with him would be way to dangerous. Still, while I think Cro-cop is better it could go either way. It would probably just come down to who get's caught first, both of them have average chins the way I see it.

Why is Cro-Cops chin average? He has 4 loses. A split decision to Mark Hunt, a decision to Fedor. He got submitted by Big Nog and got KO'ed by The Monster. That left he got from the MOnster would have KO'ed anybody.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #9   2/7/07 5:35:57PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I have already pretty much crossed Brandon Vera off of my UFC list...he's too greedy. He has 1 fight left on his contract and I'm betting Dana puts him on an undercard and sends him on his way.

Post #10   2/7/07 5:37:08PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
taht would be allright, he is an ass

Post #11   2/7/07 5:42:59PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Dream fight.....2 of the best,most action packed HW's

Heart with Arlovski....Wallet with CroCop.....

i dont think Arlovski will go for a takedown..i think he is most comfortable standing...Sylvia was getting the better of him the whole second fight and he never tried for a TD.(not Touchdown.)

if Arlovski can time CroCop's kicks and Counter with a straight right hand he can finish him

Post #12   2/8/07 12:07:05AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I have already pretty much crossed Brandon Vera off of my UFC list...he's too greedy. He has 1 fight left on his contract and I'm betting Dana puts him on an undercard and sends him on his way.

Ha! I totally forgot about him. Now that would be the one to send against Crocop in England. Give him a spanking on his way out. I would like to see that fight.

Post #13   2/8/07 2:40:36AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

Why is Cro-Cops chin average? He has 4 loses. A split decision to Mark Hunt, a decision to Fedor. He got submitted by Big Nog and got KO'ed by The Monster. That left he got from the MOnster would have KO'ed anybody.

I'd agree with Hippy. He got rocked and KO'ed in K-1 now and again. He doesn't have a weak chin, but hes certainly not impossible to KO either.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #14   2/8/07 4:12:43AM   

Spud

Learning to Sprawl

Spud Avatar

Career:18-12
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

why are we forgetting about randy. he has a 4 fight contract.

we are forgetting about Randy because if Chuck can knock him out twice,
what do you suppose will happen if Sylvia lands a crisp one on him?

Vera hasn't signed a new contract and is supposedly in talks with another promotion and I don't think Dana is too pleased with his demands either.
if I were Dana, I'd pay Vera whatever money he wants.
the HW division sure as hell needs him.

CC vs. AA should only happen if it's for the belt.
AA will have to notch up a credible win over someone beforehand though, IMO.

there's no way that CC vs. AA would go to the ground, as someone else has said previous.

AA got sparked by Sylvia in the rematch and for the 3rd he didn't change his strategy. he stood and traded. (poorly)

CC would chop the legs from under him with AA checking none of them and then do a "Yoshida"

failing that, CC would chop the legs from him and then send a straight left right down the pipe.

goodnight AA.

Post #15   2/8/07 4:13:45AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2