Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

M-1 newsflash and Fedor contract details

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Who is the new CEO of M-1?
None other than the largest super agent of American MMA fighters, Monte Cox.

What is Fedors contract worth?
5 fight deal for 12 million - 2 million a fight and a 2 million dollar bonus

What does Mark Cuban have to do with M-1?
Nothing so far, but he is working on it so expect something in the future.

click here for full article

Post #1   10/19/07 4:42:50AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
i am sooo excited that monte cox is gonna be the ceo

just incase you dont know which fighters monte cox represents

click here

and cuban is trying to work a deal with m-1 too.

this is gonna be huge

Post #2   10/19/07 4:46:16AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think i will wait for some more trustworthy sources to say the same but if true its very good news

Post #3   10/19/07 5:04:03AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
yeah im not sure how good the source is for this site, today is the first day i have actually even been into it

Post #4   10/19/07 5:21:15AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
Yeah ive never heard of it before and the way it is written is just a bit "ooh look at me i have insider info" yaknow? if true sherdog or fight network will have it later on today

Post #5   10/19/07 5:23:43AM   

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
i smell a bunch of bull donkey. if im wrong, i willingly stand corrected. but come on... everyone on this site hasnt heard of mmahaven.com

i could pull some hair out of my ass and call it mmainfo.com and it would sound credible.

sorry about the hate, but , is this really serious? monte cox...shelling out 12mill?

please

Post #6   10/19/07 6:05:35AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
A manager/promoter seems like a good work. I hope this stuff gets sorted out. Dam i want to see Fedor fight Randy and Barnett bad.
I hope when they say Pride HW's they include Josh and Hunt

Post #7   10/19/07 7:36:47AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
It does seem odd to me that everyone in the "Team Extreme" picture is also a member of Pat Militech team "MFS".

-Edit-
Another thing that seems odd to me... the last statement:

"Some unspecified PRIDE heavyweights. All remaining PRIDE fighters have been released from their contracts after the closing of the PRIDE offices in Japan."

I could have swore that the UFC bought those contracts (i.e. Hendo, CC, etc.).. I didn't think they were released.

Last edited 10/19/07 9:33AM server time by TNunley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/19/07 9:31:38AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

It does seem odd to me that everyone in the "Team Extreme" picture is also a member of Pat Militech team "MFS".

-Edit-

"Some unspecified PRIDE heavyweights. All remaining PRIDE fighters have been released from their contracts after the closing of the PRIDE offices in Japan."

I could have swore that the UFC bought those contracts (i.e. Hendo, CC, etc.).. I didn't think they were released.

Heno's was transferd, Cro Cop signed a while before the UFC purchased Pride.

Post #9   10/19/07 9:45:10AM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I won't hold my breath - you got no credible sources there.

Might as well post a link to a Sherdog forum post.

Post #10   10/19/07 11:11:19AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

-Edit-

Heno's was transferd, Cro Cop signed a while before the UFC purchased Pride.

Yeah and there are guys like Hansen who had a pride contract but the UFC arent letting them fight under that (liek they currently are with Hendo) and instead offering them much less money which Hansen for example isnt willing to take so he is letting it run out so he can sign elsewhere

Post #11   10/19/07 11:49:15AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
So your manager is also the CEO of the company you fight for? Bad idea.

Post #12   10/19/07 4:04:04PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
i even stated that this wasnt the best source and that i just heard of this site for the first time when i saw this article

as for some of the statements ive heard

no monte cox didnt shell out 12 million dollars, im pretty sure monte cox doesnt even have a million dollars lying around

and as for the ceo of the company also being your manager..how is this bad? hes gonna wanna involve you in more fights so he can still make his percentage off your fight as well as sell tickets by using your name

do you not realize that dana white managed chuck liddell and tito ortiz.....didnt seem to work out too bad for those two guys careers

Post #13   10/19/07 6:30:11PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

and as for the ceo of the company also being your manager..how is this bad? hes gonna wanna involve you in more fights so he can still make his percentage off your fight as well as sell tickets by using your name

How is this bad? It is a conflict of interest. The CEO is pretty much the "manager" for the company. How can he be fighting for every penny for you, and possibly more, when he is also representing the company. It is a huge conflict and is not possible. He can not represent the BEST interests of both the company and the fighter. Period.

do you not realize that dana white managed chuck liddell and tito ortiz.....didnt seem to work out too bad for those two guys careers

I may be wrong, but I believe Dana no longer managed Tito when he attained his current position, this is what partially started the rift between Tito and himself. Tito felt Dana wasn't fighting tooth and nail for him anymore because of his affiliation with Zuffa.

Last edited 10/20/07 2:14AM server time by roadking95th
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   10/20/07 2:13:26AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
If this is true , it's huge news. One thing that makes me skeptical is that it says they are working on TV deals with Showtime and HBO. HBO makes sense, but ProElite is with Showtime already. Also, I have never heard of a big story being broken by MMAhaven. Sherdog , the fight network, MMa Weekly, and even the uFCjunkie gets it right sometimes. So while I hope this is true ,because it would be great for MMA, I'll wait for confirmation from Sherdog or the fight network before I throw a party.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #15   10/20/07 8:30:54AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2