Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The NHL

Print  
Which do you prefer
NHL 10 45%
NBA 1 5%
MLB 0 0%
NFL 11 50%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
I had to go with football although i love my hockey..LETS GO PENS!!!!

i think the Pittsburgh Steelers have already won more games this year than the Pittsburgh Pirates will win all of next year anyone agree??

Last edited 10/20/07 12:55PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   10/20/07 12:55:07PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by DCRage

The popularity of sports in the US is ranked something like this:
#1-NFL
#2-NASCAR
#3-MLB
#4-NBA
#5-NHL (the farther south you go, the less popular it is, except in California)
#6-Golf (if Tiger Woods is playing any given week)
Here in Washington, it's more like NFL #1, NBA #2, MLB #3, Golf #4, NHL #5.

How can Washington not care about the NHL? Its not like you guys have any good players except for that Alexander Ovechkin guy who just scored his 200th NHL point in less then 3 full seasons....

BTW- New York Rangers are the best New York sports team, which is sad considering they suck right now. Lets go Rangers!

This is a Skins town. Always have, always will. The Skins have been here since 1937. Caps since 1974. The Caps have a hard core following (which I am part of. season tickets for years) but this isn't a hockey town. Moving to the Verizon Center in DC has really hurt.

They have lost alot of Balimore area fans by moving to DC. I live 40 miles away. I have to leave my house at 5:00 to get to a game that starts at 7:00. I don't get home until 11:00 at night. Traffic in this area is hell and people just don't want to fight it getting to the city (495 traffic is brutal. You come to a complete stop) once you get to the city you have to fight another 45 minutes to get to the Verizon Center and then find parking and get something to eat. It becomes a chore and not a fun night out.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #17   10/20/07 2:26:34PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by DCRage

The popularity of sports in the US is ranked something like this:
#1-NFL
#2-NASCAR
#3-MLB
#4-NBA
#5-NHL (the farther south you go, the less popular it is, except in California)
#6-Golf (if Tiger Woods is playing any given week)
Here in Washington, it's more like NFL #1, NBA #2, MLB #3, Golf #4, NHL #5.

How can Washington not care about the NHL? Its not like you guys have any good players except for that Alexander Ovechkin guy who just scored his 200th NHL point in less then 3 full seasons....

BTW- New York Rangers are the best New York sports team, which is sad considering they suck right now. Lets go Rangers!

This is a Skins town. Always have, always will. The Skins have been here since 1937. Caps since 1974. The Caps have a hard core following (which I am part of. season tickets for years) but this isn't a hockey town. Moving to the Verizon Center in DC has really hurt.

They have lost alot of Balimore area fans by moving to DC. I live 40 miles away. I have to leave my house at 5:00 to get to a game that starts at 7:00. I don't get home until 11:00 at night. Traffic in this area is hell and people just don't want to fight it getting to the city (495 traffic is brutal. You come to a complete stop) once you get to the city you have to fight another 45 minutes to get to the Verizon Center and then find parking and get something to eat. It becomes a chore and not a fun night out.

I understand, but I'm a die-hard hockey fan so I would do anything to watch Ovechkin play. I was lucky enough to go to Rangers/Capitals at MSG about a week ago and had 3 of my dreams come true. See Alex Ovechkin play(scored the Caps only goal that night.) See Jaromir Jagr play, and play good(3 assists, a point on every Rangers goal) and see Henrik Lundqvist play good(stopped like 26 or 27 shots.)

Post #18   10/20/07 4:17:04PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2