Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Teach me about American Football!

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Chudly

Banned

Career:27-10
Chips:
PITTSBURGH STEELERS is the only team you need to watch ( a real mans team )

Post #16   10/18/07 6:17:58PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Chudly

Took the words right out of my mouth...Just like the Steelers are going to smack the taste out of the Patriots mouth on Dec.9th

Reebok has a special offer buy an Patriots Jersey get a free autographed Bill Belicheck Spy Cam.

Post #17   10/18/07 6:47:57PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Hey dont be a PATS fan they all gloat about wining and most people are just on the band wagon witch is fine but all I have to say is they better hope the BRONCOS don't make the playoffs because no matter how good the PATS are the BRONCOS own them every time the play end of story look up the history in the end DENVER stoped the 3peat and can stop them this year even in New England doesn't matter GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah Randy Moss last time I checked Champ has been shuting him down for years he would get shut down just like Marvin Harrison

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #18   10/18/07 6:50:28PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by Chudly

Took the words right out of my mouth...Just like the Steelers are going to smack the taste out of the Patriots mouth on Dec.9th

Reebok has a special offer buy an Patriots Jersey get a free autographed Bill Belicheck Spy Cam.

Wow real creative, let your game do the talkin, I don't see why ur so confident we are absolutely on fire and Willie Parker is strugglin, and if you wanna have a shootout with us there is no way you will win

Post #19   10/18/07 7:02:17PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
well one cool thing about American Football is the awesome hits

heres a video of NFL star Reggie Bush getting clobbered by A Philadelphia Defensive player

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8SSEvQQEMPc

Post #20   10/19/07 12:23:39AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,973-1,091
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Hehe you freakin' rock Stickan... but really the Montreal Canadians (NHL) is really the team to root for lol... GO HABS GO!!!!

Post #21   10/19/07 12:40:03AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

A lot of stuff I'm interested in has to do with americans and american culture and after hearing all this talk about Packers, Cowboys, Giants, and some Romo guy I decided to learn what the hell you're talking about.
So since I havn't got any channel that airs NFL I decided to download the most recent matches.
What I basically know about american football:
They earn a lot of money in the NFL.
Michael Vick should be shot.
A Touchdown is a good thing and doesn't only mean that you can take a dump in the toilette without making a sploosh.
The Quarterback gets all the ladies.
Terrel Owens is a pretty decent bowler.

What do I need to know when watching american football?

What are the rules?, How many points do I get for a TD? What are the other ways to score? When are they allowed to kick the ball and why?

Okay there are 11 players on offense, and 11 players on defense.

You get 6 points for a touchdown and the choice of either an extra point (where you kick the ball in through the goal post) or you can try a 2 point conversion to get back into the end zone. You get one try at either the extra point or the 2 point conversion if you miss you get no extra points just the original 6

You can pass for a touchdown, which is when the quarterback (Romo is a quarterback) throws the ball to an eligable reciever. Only certain players are allowed to catch the ball on offense, anyone on the defense can try and catch the ball instead though and if they do it is called an interception which leads to the ball being turned over to the defense

If you do not think you can make the touchdown you can also choose to kick the ball through the goal post for 3 points, if it misses you get no points

If you are backed into your own End Zone then the other team gets 2 points and you must kick the ball to them and allow them to try and score

At the beginning of the game the two teams flip a coin to see who gets to either kick or recieve the ball

The person who recieves the ball at the beginning of the game kicks the ball to the other team automatically at the beginning of the 2nd half

The offense has 4 plays to either Gain a first down, score a touchdown, kick a field goal, or kick the ball back to the other team

A first down is reached when you gain 10 yards, from where you started 1st down.

The ball carrier can run untill he is tackled down

If he loses the ball it is a fumble and the defense recovers the ball

the only time you really want to kick the ball is either to score 3 points if you are in the range to kick it, or to kick it to the other team so that way they have further to go

i hope this helps

Post #22   10/19/07 12:44:55AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Got some stuff coming your way in a little bit Stickan!

Post #23   10/19/07 12:51:02AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
I found that the best way to learn all about American football was simply to get one of the Madden games for my playstation, you'll soon pick it up!

Post #24   10/19/07 5:17:02AM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Career:31-27
Camp: Keyboard Warriors of LMAOville
Chips:
The easiest way to learn about football is by listening to John Madden. You don't even have to watch the actual game. You'll also learn Bret Favre is the best quarterback in NFL history, and playing in the mud makes the field slippery.

Post #25   10/19/07 5:21:27AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I'm either getting the Alternate Chicago Bears jersey or the Alternate Rams Jersey for Christmas

I'm picking Jerseys based on the look here, I don't really support any team since Im from the UK, though I imagine I will find an affiliation when I start watching and understanding the game more.

Post #26   10/19/07 7:25:25AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Oh my god man... I'm in tears... props

Post #27   10/19/07 9:10:30AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by nubby

By the way, I love your cheese. Swiss Cheese ******* roxors my boxors.

You're kidding me right?

Post #28   10/19/07 9:50:11AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
Stickan... since you're from Sweden... I had a question.

Is your army (Swiss Army) a bunch of Navy Seal type special forces, sleep in the snowy mountains for months at a time with nothing but a canteen and a toothbrush? 'Cause I gotta say... those Swiss Army Knives have everything... Then again... why the hell have the cork screw? They take bottles of wine into the wilderness often?

Post #29   10/19/07 9:55:06AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Djbb

The easiest way to learn about football is by listening to John Madden. You don't even have to watch the actual game. You'll also learn Bret Favre is the best quarterback in NFL history, and playing in the mud makes the field slippery.

madden is right about favre, maybe the only thing hes right about anymore. im just glad he doesnt do the sweat race he used to do with the cowboys when nte newton was playing......*shudder*

Post #30   10/19/07 10:25:20AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3